Swatting

Sennex

I hope they find these fuckers and jail them forever

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/unarmed-kan-man-killed-cops-victim-swatting-prank-article-1.3726171

An unarmed Kansas man shot to death by police earlier this week might have been the victim of a misdirected online gaming prank known as "swatting," authorities said Friday. 

The victim, identified as Andrew Finch, was gunned down on Thursday night after cops received a disturbing 911 call from a man who claimed he had shot his father and was holding his mother and younger brother hostage. 

"I shot him in the head and he's not breathing anymore," the caller said, according to a recording released by the Wichita Police Department. 

The caller then added, "I might just pour gasoline all over the house, I might just set it on fire."  

But investigators say the disturbing tale was made up by a "prankster" who carried out a "swatting" hoax to get a SWAT team to descend on an address. As it turned out, the caller gave cops Finch's address, reportedly believing it belonged to a person he had gotten into a heated argument with over a $1 or $2 "Call of Duty" wager.    

"Due to the actions of a prankster we have an innocent victim," Wichita deputy police chief Troy Livingston said during a press conference Friday night. 

Cops rushed to Finch's house after the unnerving phone call, expecting an ongoing hostage situation. Instead, an unarmed and unsuspecting Finch came to the front door. 

Officers screamed at Finch to put his hands in the air, but Livingston said the 28-year-old moved a hand toward his waistband. An officer, fearing Finch was reaching for a gun, fired a single shot. Finch died minutes later. 

The “swatting” suspect has not been identified and cops said no arrests had been made as of Friday night.

A series of Twitter posts screenshotted by the Wichita Eagle suggests that cops responded to Finch’s house after the targeted “Call of Duty” gamer gave the hoax caller a fake address. 

“Someone tried to swat me and got an innocent man killed,” a since-deleted tweet from the gamer reads.

The gamer who supposedly made the call that led to Finch's death later tweeted: "I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION."

The potentially devastating prank method has gained particular traction among gaming communities in recent years and the FBI estimates that some 400 cases occur annually. But Thursday's tragic hoax might be the first time anyone has been killed as a consequence. 

Finch's devastated mother, Lisa Finch, told reporters that her son wasn't a gamer and didn't own any guns. 

"What gives cops the right to open fire?" she asked. "That cop murdered my son over a false report in the first place."  

The officer who fired the fatal shot is a seven-year veteran with the Wichita department. He has been placed on administrative leave pending an internal investigation.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

In most places it is a felony as it happens across state lines. Which means the FBI can get involved. 

Some places though it is a misdemeanor because the DA just doesn't take this shit seriously

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

An incident like this was inevitable. This has been going on for years so much so;  it's become normal for streamers to get targeted on a weekly basis. They should have done something a lot sooner. Even in the UK, you make a phony phone call to the police,  you get charged with wasting police time and put up in front of a magistrate. It's amazing that in the US they seem to tolerate SWAT teams being continually deployed to non-existent incidents and nobody gets brought to account. 

This is horrible.

Can't they find a better way of dealing with situations than shooting people? I'd never open my front door to the cops (or probably anyone for that matter lol)  if I lived in the US. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

54 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

This is horrible.

Can't they find a better way of dealing with situations than shooting people? I'd never open my front door to the cops (or probably anyone for that matter lol)  if I lived in the US. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Yeah, I'm with you Phil. I love murica but this type of stupid irresponsible shit is retarded.

I've seen videos and it happens in the UK too but not to the extent of getting the equivalent of SWAT involved.

Hope they find these utter wastes of life, lock them up for some years and restrict their internet access for the rest of their lives.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Yeah, I'm with you Phil. I love murica but this type of stupid irresponsible shit is retarded.

I've seen videos and it happens in the UK too but not to the extent of getting the equivalent of SWAT involved.

Hope they find these utter wastes of life, lock them up for some years and restrict their internet access for the rest of their lives.
Yeah all very sad. The little prick who did the Swat apparently does it a lot. So fuck him.

Saw a vid of the mother of the guy who was killed. Said the police didn't knock or give any warning, her son noticed flashing lights outside, went to the front door, opened it to see what was going on and got shot. She said they didn't call an ambulance until after he died. She was forced to walk over his dying body and handcuffed first. She regards the police as murderers.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Yeah all very sad. The little prick who did the Swat apparently does it a lot. So fuck him.

Saw a vid of the mother of the guy who was killed. Said the police didn't knock or give any warning, her son noticed flashing lights outside, went to the front door, opened it to see what was going on and got shot. She said they didn't call an ambulance until after he died. She was forced to walk over his dying body and handcuffed first. She regards the police as murderers.

If that was my kid it happened to and that was how it panned out I don't even want to think about what I'd do to the little cunt prankster and all those police on the seen.

If that was my kid it happened to and that was how it panned out I don't even want to think about what I'd do to the little cunt prankster and all those police on the seen.
Yeah I don't understand the Swat pranking thing. All for notoriety I imagine. Pathetic. All the sad shit going on in the world is this is how the younger generation spends it's time. Talk about a divorce from reality eh.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The Body-cam footage was released, so you can see what all happened.

As far as not opening your door to cops here...... yea, have fun with that one :D

Randomly, I watched the below youtube video a week or so ago before I heard this happened.

It's stupid to do this to people. I'm also intrigued by how some cops handle the situation allongside the language and actions they use.

http://abc7.com/la-man-arrested-in-connection-to-fatal-kansas-swatting-incident/2840369/

Man arrested in South LA in connection to Kansas swatting incident that left man dead

SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) --

Authorities arrested a man in South Los Angeles in connection to a swatting incident that led to a Kansas man's death.

Tyler Barriss, 25, was arrested Friday on suspicion of making a hoax phone call to police in Wichita, Kansas.

Authorities in Wichita said someone made a prank call to 911 with a made-up story about a shooting and kidnapping. That call resulted in the death of an innocent man relatives identified as Andrew Finch, 28.

The hoax phone call was a case of swatting, authorities said, in which a person creates a false story to get a SWAT response to an address.

Authorities released the 911 recording in which a man said his father had been shot in the head. The caller said the man was holding him, his mother and a sibling at gunpoint and that that man threatened to light the house on fire.

When police headed to the home, they surrounded it and prepared to deal with a hostage situation. Finch answered the door and followed instructions to put up his hands and move slowly. But at some point, authorities said he moved toward his waistband and officers fired a single shot in fear Finch may have reached for a gun.

Authorities said Finch died at the hospital and that he was unarmed.

The police and FBI were investigating whether the hoax call stemmed from an argument over an online game.

In October 2015, Glendale police arrested a 22-year-old man with the same name for making bomb threats to KABC-TV. He was charged with two felony counts of a false report of a bomb to an agency of business and one felony count of criminal threats.

2840329_630x354.jpg

19 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Why can't US police shoot at legs or arms. Instead of killing people they just neutralize them?

Ever play Call of Duty?

Do leg or arm hits kill? or do Body and head shots kill?

All joking aside, most training silhouettes look like this

printable-human-silhouette-targets-e1497874872991.jpg 
I know that. SWAT teams are forced to shoot-to-kill but we are all saying that they shouldnt shoot to kill all the time. They didnt see anything on the poor guy, they had no right to kill him right away at that time.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

NCA asked a general question, so I was responding in a general manner.

If we are discussing this specific instance, then much like many others, this was totally avoidable. Those cops were pretty far away from that guy, I didn't see him make any move. Its just fucked up all around

55 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Ever play Call of Duty?

Do leg or arm hits kill? or do Body and head shots kill?

You get instakilled from a shot in the toe in COD.

You missed my point. Why going for the kill when you can immobilize the suspect?

From a non us citizen it seems the police is way to trigger happy.