Star Citizen - Squadron 42

phil bottle

I can't sort out the packages they offer. Do I get game access in each one?
There's a sale on right now I think. If you're interested I'll check prices and provide my suggestion for starting up.
The main 'pledge' is to access the multiplayer universe, it's extra for the single player.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I am broke as shit right now, so none of them to be honest. Whichever one you think is best, I will squirrel away for

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

11 hours ago, Sennex said:

I am broke as shit right now, so none of them to be honest. Whichever one you think is best, I will squirrel away for

It's in Alpha. There's plenty to do right now but it's a drop in the water compared to what it will be....you'll probably have a better experience further down the development road. 

Once you're ready to take the plunge you'd go for a game package like the one below, which allows you access to the Star Citizen universe, provides you a ship, a hangar, in game currency and 6 months of ship insurance. It's currently £43 GBP and I believe that if you also want the single player Squadron 42 you can purchase it as an extra for £15. If you just want the single player game I believe that's £43 as a standalone.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Mustang-Alpha-SC-Starter

Major updates will occur quarterly from now on, so we'll see what gets added in March. Face Over IP would be good but I'll settle for VOIP.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So I ended up getting Elite Dangerous. That 7.49$ sale price was a shade to good to pass up.

Holy shit is it hard though. I mean goddamn!

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

So I ended up getting Elite Dangerous. That 7.49$ sale price was a shade to good to pass up.

Holy shit is it hard though. I mean goddamn!
Yeah the tutorials are a pain in the arse[emoji16]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I actually died in the combat trainer. I couldn't get the hang of the controls. I then found a guide on how to swap A D and the left right of the mouse to make it all more like an FPS.

Now I only have problems with landing grids when they are on the outside of the station.

(Not even kidding here, I was in Potriti station, trying to dock on pad 1, and there was another ship there..... I waited for it to leave, and it never did. I ended up getting fined blocking landing pads, and loitering for hanging about waiting for that cunt to leave)

All in all though, its a good game. I am going to sort out mining and exploring here tonight. I don't see myself ever doing the combat thing unless I have to.

I actually died in the combat trainer. I couldn't get the hang of the controls. I then found a guide on how to swap A D and the left right of the mouse to make it all more like an FPS.

Now I only have problems with landing grids when they are on the outside of the station.
(Not even kidding here, I was in Potriti station, trying to dock on pad 1, and there was another ship there..... I waited for it to leave, and it never did. I ended up getting fined blocking landing pads, and loitering for hanging about waiting for that cunt to leave)

All in all though, its a good game. I am going to sort out mining and exploring here tonight. I don't see myself ever doing the combat thing unless I have to.
The control system is probably why I never went back to it. There's no doubt it's a good game though.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Changing to FPS controls actually made it all incredibly enjoyable. I was minutes away from uninstalling it and requesting a refund on steam when I found that

EDIT: Oh yea! I also picked up Starpoint Gemini 2. Another really solid style space sim. We might need a new subforum for these