Forever Gaming - 2018 Plans

Morning all,

Firstly I want to say its been an amazing year to be a part of FG, we've had many laughs and giggles along the way (you know I have if you've played online with me) and we've achieved a hell of a lot.

Remembering that this is a hobby that was passed on to me by @Diddums, I think its been great to see just so many of you guys popping in and saying hi, sharing opinions, creating events and videos and having fun like we usually do. Its also been great to see so many new faces join here and get involved too. I think some don't realise until they join that this place way more than just a gaming forum. Way more.

The last few months have been hard for myself in particular and you've seen my response for that was to try and get more of you involved. Thats one thing I'm keen on if we all want FG to carry on and push forward into 2018.

I have some ideas for 2018 but as I've always been, I want to hear what you think we should do. FG is for all that are here. So lets hear those ideas people.

If you need a little nudge it can be something easy like we need more events and times for games, or we should do more videos or more functionality on here to make more people come here and chill.

Looking forward to what ideas you have for next year and I sincerely hope you all here helping to keep our own home getting more active in months to come.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Morning all,

Firstly I want to say its been an amazing year to be a part of FG, we've had many laughs and giggles along the way (you know I have if you've played online with me) and we've achieved a hell of a lot.

Remembering that this is a hobby that was passed on to me by [mention=1]Diddums[/mention], I think its been great to see just so many of you guys popping in and saying hi, sharing opinions, creating events and videos and having fun like we usually do. Its also been great to see so many new faces join here and get involved too. I think some don't realise until they join that this place way more than just a gaming forum. Way more.

The last few months have been hard for myself in particular and you've seen my response for that was to try and get more of you involved. Thats one thing I'm keen on if we all want FG to carry on and push forward into 2018.

I have some ideas for 2018 but as I've always been, I want to hear what you think we should do. FG is for all that are here. So lets hear those ideas people.

If you need a little nudge it can be something easy like we need more events and times for games, or we should do more videos or more functionality on here to make more people come here and chill.

Looking forward to what ideas you have for next year and I sincerely hope you all here helping to keep our own home getting more active in months to come.
I'm really proud to be in this community and I can see the hard work which has been put in this community by almost everyone.
I have a suggestion for 2018 that we should organize some tournaments or parties in which almost every FG'er has to log on and play a single game and have fun and all that. This way we can interact more often (This wont be a forced thing, just a date and time for everyone to get online if they want to).

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I think we need to utilise the club's much better.

The club owners who are the champions (me included) need to really push their game and grown their mini community within the clan. That person needs to be responsible for their club,  who's in the club and who's involved,  and indeed booking calendar events and tournaments etc.

@GazzaGarratt do you want me to start organising this including the champions etc? I know this is something you've been working on recently.

Id like to see diddums in a thong 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm sure you conjure that thought up most nights before retiring beneath the duvet with the baby lotion. 

^

We need more of these kinds of posts[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

I think we need to utilise the club's much better.

The club owners who are the champions (me included) need to really push their game and grown their mini community within the clan. That person needs to be responsible for their club,  who's in the club and who's involved,  and indeed booking calendar events and tournaments etc.

@GazzaGarratt do you want me to start organising this including the champions etc? I know this is something you've been working on recently.

Why not Mike. Biggest initial issue is people using our android app won't see the club bit so the main activity still needs to be in the forum pages where we can.

Glad to have any help bud and give something a go! Most appreciated pal.

I really want to be more involved in the community in 2018. I've been part of this group going back to MW2forum days when Clive was running it. I've become less and less active. I still love this place but life happens. I want to get back to posting more, starting topics, and helping behind the scenes. I miss being involved.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I really want to be more involved in the community in 2018. I've been part of this group going back to MW2forum days when Clive was running it. I've become less and less active. I still love this place but life happens. I want to get back to posting more, starting topics, and helping behind the scenes. I miss being involved.

Via the FG App

That would be amazing Tommy. I think we could do loads next year but it needs people like you here to push the buzz around.

Now you've said it, I'll hold you to it bud [emoji12] [emoji8]

Plus, you can annoy Chris@TigerBurge [emoji476]

I'm thinking of us all doing something for charity this year. This sound like something people would like to do?

Btw, not sure what people feel to the start of the year but for me, its been great to see people enjoying the place so early on in 2018.

I want more plans this year so keep em coming!

https://www.gameblast18.org.uk/

This is what I wanted to do a couple of years ago but never had the chance. It’s meant to be done between certain dates in Feb but I’ve been speaking to the guys at Special Effect and we can do it when ever we want.

We can hold the whole event at my work, stream everything from mega drive, PS4, VR.

On 17/01/2018 at 12:01 PM, tronic44 said:

https://www.gameblast18.org.uk/

This is what I wanted to do a couple of years ago but never had the chance. It’s meant to be done between certain dates in Feb but I’ve been speaking to the guys at Special Effect and we can do it when ever we want.

We can hold the whole event at my work, stream everything from mega drive, PS4, VR.

I think it's a little soon to set it up for February, we should probably look at a date where we can secure your studio Rich and go from there.

Looking at the charity I think it's a go-er if we have enough interest!

6 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Yeah Feb is going to be way too soon, especially as i might not be in the country much in Feb.

I'm going to speak to the dude from Special Effect again and see if we can do it later in the year.

Just contacted Tom from Special Effect about doing it later in the year, hopefully that means that we'll be able to get them down as well. Will let you all know when i hear back from him.

After having an awesome Bank Holiday weekend with the family, I'm starting to write up quite a few things we can/should/want/need to do on FG.

I do need help with this. We keep on building slowly along but it takes a shed load of effort and brainpower to keep stuff moving on here.

I want to know who has geniune time in the coming few months to support the stuff we can and should do to make this place even better for us and new people.

To give you a quick idea the stuff I want to start moving along, I'll list a few things:

- More work on how Clubs interact on FG

- FG Charity Stream

- Installing new ways to make content and posts different

- Progress our own native App across Apple and Android to intergrate website

- FG Video Plans

- Social Media interactions

- Loads more stuff

Let me know if you'd like to help or be supportive in other ways. Its not for everyone but I'm hoping we can keep the FG heart pumping harder and louder.

Cheers all.