Minecraft Communal Build

Plumbers Crack

Okay, let me bring you all up to date.....

After some time in the development stage, the first phase of the build is complete. Greboth has done a really good job with the main layout. All the roofs(?) are on, rooms are at at fitting out stage. Main rooms on the ground floor need fitting out as well.

We have a massive cedar, kindly donated by Bart, as a distance focal point at the front and small farm with room for expansion at the rear. We also have a two way rail link to the terminus, part of which goes past someone’s Fishing Store - who’s is it?

There is a store/workshop with loads of gear in it which is free to use...if you need anything more valuable PM me and if I’ve got it you can have it (secret stash is part of the fun!)

What we need now is for people to inhabit this place, even if it’s only used as a second home, and to help finish it off. I could really do with someone on the first floor windows as I hate trying to get symmetry. I don’t mind helping but setting out does my head in!

Greboth and I have done the majority (if not all) of the build between us and I know he’s super busy at the moment, so we could really do with a few people to get this build across the finish line....you don’t need any approvals to do things just try and get the windows and doors based on the existing ones so the outside “looks right”. Anything else, just go for it....it’s communal after all! Pick a vacant first floor room, put your name on it and it’s yours to trick out how you want.

Put your comments on the build here and also any questions/suggestions you have

To get to the build, take a train from the terminus or use the command line  /warp communal

It would be fantastic if we could finish this build by the end of 2017 then we can think of something else for 2018

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I finally got the slightly smaller redwoods to grow if you want any of them. They are like 1/5 the size of the one I planted for you. Still amazing looking, but much easier to build around

I can help decorate rooms if you guys need it.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

For some reason my email decided that my PM notifications emails are junk <_< So I only read your message earlier.  I'm only leave for a couple of days so hopefully I'll get to spend some time working on the house though I think getting it complete before the new year is a little ambition :P I've build a piston door at the back so just walk over the pressure plates and it should open, walk over the other set and it should close :)

I'll try and find the video I found explaining how to get around the redstone bug of building furnace arrays and try and get one built in one of the downstairs wings and work on the windows too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I've been thinking about this more and more recently.... is it time to mothball this project? or even nuke the whole world and start again with a different seed/mods/skins?

We started this as a project for everyone but I think initial enthusiasm has waned and it's just a bit too big for 1 - 2 people on their own

Do we need to ask the question of how many people really want to / have the time to be involved on a joint project and scale it to suit? How many people actively play now? How much will it cost to keep an FG server running? How much credit/time is left on our initial outlay?

I actually feel a bit sad writing this but I feel it needs saying :mellow:

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I've been thinking about this more and more recently.... is it time to mothball this project? or even nuke the whole world and start again with a different seed/mods/skins?

We started this as a project for everyone but I think initial enthusiasm has waned and it's just a bit too big for 1 - 2 people on their own

Do we need to ask the question of how many people really want to / have the time to be involved on a joint project and scale it to suit? How many people actively play now? How much will it cost to keep an FG server running? How much credit/time is left on our initial outlay?

I actually feel a bit sad writing this but I feel it needs saying :mellow:

Personally, I'm happy for it to stay. Christmas and the month before was quiet for a lot of people because everyone is so busy.

New Year in now and I think we can do more, certainly no need to get rid of the server (but you are reminding me that we may need to look at the annual fee).

PC will be ordered soon so I'm happy to be on sometimes.

People below on the server and contemplating joining the server, you want to be involved in any big or even small way?

@The3rdWalker

@crispymorgan

@phil bottle

@Greboth

@BO7H B4RRELS

@tronic44

@Marineta

@Diddums

@jSyn66

@Mikepjbell

@Misneach_

@Amnotright

@LordBaguette

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@Plumbers Crack @GazzaGarratt If people want a reset to go with a different seed, different mods or even a no mod 1.12 vanilla etc. I am happy to go with whatever.  However while we keep this world, I don't think we should mothball the project as,  even if we started fresh, the first thing I do (and I think others do) is plan out a build.  From experience that build for me, always turns out to be waaayyy too big for what I need and massive time sink so I'm happy to put that time in to continuing the communal build.  Hell, I haven't even managed to finish building my house yet :P Some of the problem I have with building large projects though is that while I have an overall view of what it should be, I'm not all that good at building it especially when it comes to what to put inside builds.  Just look at my personal build, I had the idea for the quad with the water and tree but, with the exception of the storage in the basement the house is empty and I've yet to come up with a window design I like.  In single player worlds I've always made loads of farms which takes up a lot of space but would probably crash the server so I think we will need to stick to normal decorating which I hope others would help with.

I am sorry I haven't been on much the last few months; that goes for MC as well as other games and the forum.  I used to be home from work, grab some food and be ready to game by 6:30 - 7pm but that's been more 8:30-9pm recently and honestly most nights I just cba by that time.  I do need to make the effort though to be on games more and get involved on here more also.  Things are finally changing at work and I'm trying to find a new job also so hopefully it wont be too long until I do have some more free time.

I can do whatever you all want, but from what I have seen over the last few weeks only @Plumbers Crack and I play currently. I could be wrong here, but I haven't seen anyone else log in for some time. So for me, I will cater to the active player.

If Plumber wants a new world or new mods, then I will try to deliver that for him.

If its a case of you all just wanting stuff reset, then I can certainly do that as well. The Regen tool is weird but helpful

(I don't really care about my own builds, I can build my stuff anywhere)

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Just as an update

I don't know the GUID to Player Name but we have had 13 players log in to the server

3 of those players have logged in as recently as 12/17/2017 (Pretty sure this was me as I don't remember logging in on the 27th, but maybe I did, IDK)

I am pretty sure that the other player is Plumber who logged in today, and the last of the three was most likely Greboth

The last player to log in before the last 3 was 11/15

So yea, there are really only 3 of us playing.

7RcVc6i.png?1

I can as well.

@Plumbers Crack What do you want to do here? Do you want to reset the server? Change the mods? Toss some thoughts at us man, and I will see what I can make happen

I think I just needed to get things off my chest. You’re right Bart, the other person to log in recently was Greboth when he installed the automatic rear door. He’s put a lot of tim,e into this as well, and I think he’s right in that we should finish it.

Reading back, I think part of the problem is that neither of us are good at finishes. He’s good at planning things, I love tunnelling and building but we both hate windows by the looks of it!:lol:

Having rattled the can, let’s stick with it for another  month or two and see what happens. Perhaps a few more people will come back to it.

@phil bottle - is Marina coming back? Her dog may still be waiting for her! 

I haven't been on in quite a while, and to be honest, I doubt I'll put any serious effort into it at this time.

I'm loving CoD. I don't have much free time right now, so it's hard to play more than 1 or 2 games.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Also no one has any houses to steal

Lolz. I'm ordering my PC parts today if I can clarify a few tiny bits so in time I'll be playing it, maybe like Phil. I need tonlearn it as my son really wants to play on mods so it would be a double benefit.

Dave, for something as big as this its okay that it takes a while but good on you to kick the idea again. I get where Tommy is coming from but its definitely been a great addition to being here so we have to try and keep it for as long as we can.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Update time:

Windows (ugh!) added to ground floor communal areas

Farm extended (if anyone sees another black sheep please catch it, I want a breeding pair), melon/pumpkin patch needs "sorting" seeds are in chest

Bee area added

Fishing area and lodge added - use enchanted rod to just catch raw fish, diamond for specimens and junk..look in chest

Enchanting table/advanced enchanting table areas created. I know you should be able to toggle between mod and vanilla on the advanced but I couldn't work it out

I also want a breeding pair of cows but I think I may have to go walkabout for those

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

Update time:

Windows (ugh!) added to ground floor communal areas

Farm extended (if anyone sees another black sheep please catch it, I want a breeding pair), melon/pumpkin patch needs "sorting" seeds are in chest

Bee area added

Fishing area and lodge added - use enchanted rod to just catch raw fish, diamond for specimens and junk..look in chest

Enchanting table/advanced enchanting table areas created. I know you should be able to toggle between mod and vanilla on the advanced but I couldn't work it out

I also want a breeding pair of cows but I think I may have to go walkabout for those

Breed whatever colour sheep and dye one of them black using ink sacs from killing squid.  You might need to dye the sheep white first (I can't remember) if so you can do that with bone meal.

17 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Not too bad. Got 4 hives, 3 x meadow and 1 forest. Getting honeycomb now I’ve put frames in. I might take a wander see if there’s any others to pick up

I can't remember what bee's I have but feel free to take any from my base/storage if you want more bees.

3 hours ago, Greboth said:

Breed whatever colour sheep and dye one of them black using ink sacs from killing squid.  You might need to dye the sheep white first (I can't remember) if so you can do that with bone meal.

I can't remember what bee's I have but feel free to take any from my base/storage if you want more bees.

Didn't know that about sheep...opportunity for fun here! I've managed to catch two light grey, the black I wanted and also a brown one so that helps as well

Thanks for the bees offer but I went walkabout today and snagged a few more so I need to build a few more hives next

Latest (and possibly final) Update:

All apartments (2 occupied, 6 vacant) have been finished with windows, doors and ceilings. The vacant ones need furnishing.

Ground floor library added

Machine room added with Carpenter, Centrifuge and Squeezer. Chest in this room contains Bee materials

Remaining floor units have entrances added and "estate agent" boards erected

Farm has cows for breeding

I don't think I have the enthusiasm to do anymore with this build....the empty ground floor units are an ideal size for people with limited time to play and who want to do a small part.

I enjoyed the earlier stages more than the fitting out parts and I think my/our next build should be a little....smaller? :)

Sorry @Greboth but I'll leave you to clear up your bed, benches and chests ;)

And, if you're wondering, yes I did cheat a little, on the railway link (well, it's infrastructure really) and in the last few weeks, when I just wanted to finish up, I used my energy convertor for bits like alchemical chests and the glass for the roofs and windows

What's next?

Edit: If you do any more work on the build, please can you post up here so I can go and have a look. Don't forget the warp name is "communal"