Masterworks

GazzaGarratt

Arrekkz has done a decent video of what Masterworks are and do.

It seems to be getting some initial good signs as it partially gives you a chance to re-roll a certain stat e.g. trying to find Rangefinder perk for a Shotgun and with an additional 10 power points.

A little work still needs to go into the mod system that sits alongside it but I'd like to think its one step forward on this part so far.

One point to note. Make sure you check all legendary drops before dismantling them now as they may roll a decent masterworks that you may want to keep rather than sharding it for a random perk to be added on an existing gun you have.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

41 minutes ago, techno said:

Can't stand listening to that guy.

I don't usually watch him, I actually have started to watch xHoundishx video updates in which there are many of.

Haven't dropped one yet, and they are sounding like they are dropping more from planetory vendors than actual legendary random drops.

I must have opened about nearly 30 packages from Rahool to the Gunsmith to Zavala and then to Devrim Kay back to Hawthorn. No Masterwork guns.

Until the Gunsmith finally gave me one. Suros Rocket Launcher with Velocity. Not the greatest but I'll take it.

The grind for these is real.

Sounds like Trials is the best way to get Masterworks weapons. A little quicker than from raid drops. Vendors are still dropping masterworks across the entire map but on a real low percentage.

Future Masterworks ideas that Bungie are working on.

Player acquisition:

• We’re implementing a new mechanism that we can use to limit long dry spells in Masterwork drops due to bad RNG.
• We will also be looking at adding some guaranteed sources of Masterworks, but we are working on a broader plan to improve prestige activity rewards and it might wait until then.
• We’re watching overall drop rates and usage over the holiday and will adjust drop rates and material costs as needed.

Masterwork Inventory Management

• We’re planning a fix for Masterwork Cores not going to your postmaster if you’re full on Consumables.
• To help prevent accidental loss of Masterwork Cores, we're extending the dismantle timer to give players a larger window to stop the process.
Stat Bonuses
• Right now, the stat bonuses are small tweaks intended for players who want to optimize very deeply. We’re watching feedback and are excited to adjust or add more stat bonuses in the future. Once we have more information, we’ll share our plans

Masterwork Armor

• We have begun plans to add Masterworks to Armor as well.
• The Armor bonuses will be more modest than the Orb generation on Weapons (in part because you have five equipped at once), but at minimum we want to provide a much requested mechanism to change the Armor stat type.

Weapon and Armor Mods

• We don’t have a firm ETA yet, but feedback on Armor and Weapon Mods has been heard!
• At minimum, we are looking to ease inventory pressure (ex: collapsing per-slot or per-class Mods)
• We’re also seeking to make Mods a more meaningful part of your loadout decisions.

Also all the different Masterworks possible per weapon type is listed below.

Auto Rifle
+5 Range
+10 Magazine
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Fusion Rifle
+5 Stability
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Grenade Launcher
+5 Stability
+10 Reload
+10 Handling
+5 Blast Radius

Hand Cannon
+5 Stability
+10 Magazine
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Pulse Rifle
+5 Range
+10 Magazine
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Rocket Launcher
+10 Reload
+10 Handling
+5 Projectile Speed
+5 Blast Radius

Scout Rifle
+5 Range
+10 Magazine
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Shotgun
+5 Stability
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Sidearm
+5 Stability
+10 Magazine
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Sniper Rifle
+5 Range
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

SMG
+5 Range
+10 Magazine
+10 Reload
+10 Handling

Sword
+10 Magazine
+5 Impact

I picked up a Seven Six Five Scout Rifle with 5% extra range last night which is probably my first decent roll.

Then a little later I dropped a Last Hope from Rahool with extra stability. Yep, the most stable sidearm in the game and it has a Stability Masterwork on it.

7d13fa7e9e6396b48dc4be00a23ba6dd.jpg

Got an Annual Skate with +5 stab last night. Not too fond of the Skate as a HC, so dismantling it gave me enough to finally turn a weapon into a MW. I promptly make the least versatile weapon my first crafted masterwork and that was my Dire Promise (Dead Orbit HC). I adore using this weapon, and while it didn't mod the stat I wanted (changed reload speed rather than stability), orb generation coupled with triple tap is a joy.

Next MW weapon will be my Positive Outlook I reckon. Also tempted to MW my Jiangshi for PvP as I make that gun wreck (probably even more so now that HCR was nerfed slightly making this gun more able to counter Uriel's Gift users.)

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png