Why Is Call of Duty: WWII SO BAD?!

J4MES OX4D

A long video but some very good points incuding some that I've overlooked and puts a lot of the game into perspective. I don't agree with all he said but there is a lot in this video that really hit home and its covered in great detail. Well worth a watch when you have time:-

I haven’t watched the video but my immediate response on seeing the title of this thread was:

No it isn’t, it’s fucking awesome!

Having grown up with a binatone console ( look it up and weep for us deprived children of the 60s), being able to play  a mp shooter with 11 other people and just milliseconds of lag, is just magic to me. Was the day I first played MW2, still is now. 

Sometimes the lag helps , sometimes it doesn’t. When it’s helping we all put it down to our skill, when it hurting it’s down to our opponents luck. Swings and roundabouts.

I believe the game is good and solid. I had hoped for bigger lobbies but so far every night playing in a party has been quite enoyable, even if we have been beaten up in War for most of it.

I don't think CoD should have that 'it's long dead' feeling anymore.

You're only as good as your last showing - and this one is pretty good imo.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

12 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

Damn keep beating that  horse. It’s a fun game. Sorry you don’t enjoy it. A lot of people do.  

I enjoyed the game but plenty of fundamental flaws which were discussed in the video and technical issues diminished my experience. A lot of the problems mentioned in the video are absolutely unarguable and do give food for thought on how this game is comparable to the old ones and the standards expected today. 

Might be worth actually watching the video itself rather than just assuming that my views are that of the video title. I even stated I don't agree with all his views. In terms of negative flaws and bugs; this game is a catastrophe at times and even the most die-hard COD fans can acknowledge the games woes.  

Watch the video and not just the title. 

James I watched the first 10 minutes of the video, his big issues with it ( in those 10 minutes) were:

there is a loading screen to get to HQ which is not optional

Loot boxes drop duplicates ( an entirely optional part of the game , and actually a good way of getting CoD points to buy xp contracts)

the menus are a bit messy and not in the same order as previous CoD

UAvs take 500 points which is hard

he doesn't like the diviision/basic training system, as opposed to normal pick 10

The first three are just so not an issue, the UAV thing is probably a good thing, and the last one actually forces people out of their comfort zone. I get some people don't like it, but its not that much of a big deal to me.

i gave up at that point ( he actually said ' this may seem like nitpicking', which it totally did). People seem to ignore the best bits of this CoD, it's boots on the ground, and it's pretty solid in my view.

15 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

The first three are just so not an issue

Those were, and still are a big issue for some users particuarly on Xbox who have to wait a matter of minutes just to be able to select a playlist as demonstrated in the video. The video highlights perfectly how poorly the interface and back-end menu structure have been implemented. You could get into the MW2 multiplayer menu in under 15 seconds and in BO1 you could set the game to insta-boot into the MP menu also.  If you are fortunately unfamiliar with these issues, then I understand but let's not forget, SHG had to take down both the HQ and their entire server structure to fix the problems which ironically fixed the issues when they were offline because it removed all the extra unnecessary asset and feature loading from the listen servers. That alone shows that the video is correct in that respect and how the menu interface impacts the game when it's not being solely loaded from the profile instead. 

The scorestreak/points structure per mode is flawed which I agree with. You need 10 kills to earn a UAV in DOM and 34 to earn the highest possible killstreak which is a Nuke + 9 kills on top! SHG changed this in the beta but then refused to revert back in the final game and then openly lied on social media about a fake private poll on how 'everyone wants it to remain at 50pts a kill'. It's a perfectly valid complaint and the developers are too ignorant to listen to feedback despite being happy to and make changes before they took people's money in the beta. 

I certainly don't agree with everything said in the video but I posted it because it does cover a variety of points that could have and should have been done better especially regarding the menu and connectivity implementations. If you have been unaffected by this aspect then I understand that your view and/or interpretation may be completely different but from experience; things like this plus many other bugs just ruined what was potentially a good game and a lot of problems were and still are not fixed. 

Now I've watched the video it's hard to fault him where MP is concerned and though he calls it nitpicking I don't agree. Now while I can get enjoyment from the game it could have and should have been better. 

Headquarters shit and pointless 

Divisions suck and it goes down the route of them telling you how you should play, I also don't remove the community asking for less customisation.

Killstreaks are terrible and as said too hard to earn so I actually don't miss them in war.

While in on war what's with the dumb pink lines I can't cross when defending fuck that shit.

As for supply drops its in the game I don't need anything from them but I'd rather not have to go back to headquarters to open them where I have to listen to morons calling each other names as there is no mute option, why?

Last thing snipers why the fuck do they insist on giving snipers so much help, oh for an fps without them, it would be so nice.

Sorry sledgehammer nice try but this game probably scrapes a top 10 of cods because of war.

You don't have to go to HQ to open supply drops. 

But this game could have been much better but don't think they're able. It' the same problems that riddles cod every year and that is hit detection and the  match making system.

The killstreaks are meh I agree, but killstreaks have been meh in the last 4-5 cods. I rather prefer playing without killstreaks. Why I loved Barebones in MW3.

ADS time for snipers and lmg's should not be as quick as smg's. But it' not as easy as it was in earlier cods. Treyarc came closest with BO/2 regarding quickscoping. IW and SH cater too much for these pricks.

Gary, to avoid listening to morons (except us) just start your own chat party. If I’m on my own I start a chat party, start the PS4 Spotify app,  start game and turn their music off. Play to your own tunes and just have the effects on - winner! 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

5 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Gary, to avoid listening to morons (except us) just start your own chat party. If I’m on my own I start a chat party, start the PS4 Spotify app,  start game and turn their music off. Play to your own tunes and just have the effects on - winner! 👍

Thanks for the tip dave

18 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

You don't have to go to HQ to open supply drops. 

But this game could have been much better but don't think they're able. It' the same problems that riddles cod every year and that is hit detection and the  match making system.

The killstreaks are meh I agree, but killstreaks have been meh in the last 4-5 cods. I rather prefer playing without killstreaks. Why I loved Barebones in MW3.

ADS time for snipers and lmg's should not be as quick as smg's. But it' not as easy as it was in earlier cods. Treyarc came closest with BO/2 regarding quickscoping. IW and SH cater too much for these pricks.

The same issues will always be in COD until they start using a new engine. One of the devs accidentally admitted this on Reddit.

And BO2 is absolutely one of the worst CODs for quickscoping :lol: It was ridiculous in that game. However, Treyarch had it right in BO1 and BO3.

fart.gif

29 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

The same issues will always be in COD until they start using a new engine. One of the devs accidentally admitted this on Reddit.

And BO2 is absolutely one of the worst CODs for quickscoping :lol: It was ridiculous in that game. However, Treyarch had it right in BO1 and BO3.

But blops 2 was so good in so many ways , if treyarch could sort core hit detection.

32 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Couldn't remember which BO it was :)

And I dont think they will use a new engine until they absolutely have to.

8 minutes ago, techno said:

But blops 2 was so good in so many ways , if treyarch could sort core hit detection.

Oh I agree with that. I absolutely loved BO2. Funnily enough the crap hit detection in that game is what made me swap to Hardcore in COD.

fart.gif