PUBG - Xbox One Version

J4MES OX4D

Let's remember it gets away with some because its still in 'pre-release' :lol:

If i'm honest though, now its on a console I will consider looking to get it to try it out. I don't have many games on my xbox one so it would be good to test it out and wipe the dust off it.

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

That cannot be real. I expect that to be edited. 

100% real and probably not even the worst I've seen after watching a few streams of it last night. 

Frame-rate_DF_YT.jpg?width=960

ground-textures_DF_YT.jpg?width=960

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-pubg-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x-performance

No fucking way, I'm with Rob, seriously thats looks pretty weird. Talking to a workmate and was going to look at downloading this whilst it's still pre-release on xbox but may need to re-think this.

43 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

No fucking way, I'm with Rob, seriously thats looks pretty weird. Talking to a workmate and was going to look at downloading this whilst it's still pre-release on xbox but may need to re-think this.

Nothing weird about it sadly - the Xbox One RAM speeds cannot handle the rendering, the processor cannot support the netcode and the GPU cannot get a stable framerate.  This is how the PC version would run on a very low spec PC and I would have expected better optimisation from the devs on what is locked-down hardware.  The controls are also poorly implemented which has impacted inventory management,  movement and pacing - controller support on PC is also poor and hasn't been improved for the Xbox release. 

I would stick to Fortnite for the time being as this game looks like a half-arsed pre-alpha in its current state which has surprised me and kinda rings alarm bells as the PC version is supposed to be completed later this month.  It is a very demanding game and isn't well-optimised but the Xbox release is just unacceptable and the words 'cash and 'grab' come to mind. 

5 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Right, it's taking the console an uncomfortable amount of time to render all of the assets in the area. That's what looks like is absolutely killing them...

that is pitiful.

Not sure how they are going to be able to solve this with the hardware being locked-down. Rendering speeds on PC can be improved by lowering graphics settings, increasing RAM or even running the game off a SSD. 8gb DDR3 that the Xbox One uses is not enough at the graphical preset the games uses. Not sure how they are going to be able to move forward with this.

Do you think its because Microsoft put pressure on them to get their one 'exclusive' title out before christmas to boost sales? That's what it smells like t me.

A real shame. I wanted to actually have something to play on my xbox. Considering I know its miles better than Fortnite, I'll have to focus on getting my PC parts instead.

They must fix it though. Regardless of how difficult as all games that make clear mistakes like this one are getting verbally battered out there, they must respond quickly and appropriately.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Do you think its because Microsoft put pressure on them to get their one 'exclusive' title out before christmas to boost sales? That's what it smells like t me.

I think the fault lies with both Microsoft and the developers here. Microsoft wanted to source exclusivity on a game that isn't powerful enough to run on its system as a direct port. The developers probably knew this but decided to make the game anyway for easy money and will hide under the blanket of the early access tag as an excuse. In terms of the timescale; I think both are to blame as it's clear that the game isn't in an acceptable state even for an early access game and this move was executed in a bid to push sales of both the console and game and possible XB1X upgrades before Christmas.

Going forward; the only solutions I can see is either dramatically reducing the Xbox One/S version to its barebones in the hope of getting a stable performance, or by using the dev kit of the Xbox One X to produce the game on instead, forcing people to upgrade consoles in the hope of playing the game to an acceptable standard whilst making the game 'X Enchanced'. Issues like these have also affected the the PC version since launch and the only way users can get a satisfactory performance is either by toning down graphical settings which you can't do on console or by upgrading RAM which you also can't do on console so I fear that unless the developers actually do some brutal optimisation and  sacrifices which may ruin the game; it'll be like this through development up until the game is 'finished'.

Very disappointing circumstances all round really.  

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

No, the game is poorly optimized on PC as is, bringing it to a much weaker machine was a dumb idea. There's a reason why Fortnight does so well on console, it's much less demanding on your system.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I have an xbox one x and have had none of these problems and I got pubg when it came out midnight 12th December there is also a fix by turning off game capture for on xbox settings on xbox one s or xbox one. It has it's problems and 30fps is not acceptable but I friging love it hit me up if anyone wants to play on xbox one

Via the FG App

2 hours ago, TGFG said:

I have an xbox one x and have had none of these problems and I got pubg when it came out midnight 12th December there is also a fix by turning off game capture for on xbox settings on xbox one s or xbox one. It has it's problems and 30fps is not acceptable but I friging love it hit me up if anyone wants to play on xbox one

Via the FG App

I'm glad it actually is playable Jamie cos I thought it just wouldn't fly if the graphics were that bad. I don't actually see much bad press about it.

Every single person I know is addicted to this game now.  All of the Xbox guys i played halo, battlefield, and call of duty with have ALL switched to PUBG.

the graphics and glitching issues only last for maybe the first 30 seconds of each match and after that it's pretty solid.  You'll get booted out of games every now and then but from our collective experience this game is entirely playable and fucking fantastic.  I haven't been this addicted to a game since Halo 2.

anyway don't let the above videos prevent you from playing you're really missing out.  If anyone here plays let me know so we can get some matches in.  I don't have many folks on my list

Guys.. You all need to understand that they just introduced the "EARLY" version to the xbox only because microsoft wanted to sell xbox one x even though the game was not supposed to be released anywhere near this time. Also, since PUBG is in it's early stages on a console, it will cause alot of problems, will have shit tonn of bugs, connection problems and stuff but giving it time and some updates will fix it right away. I can still remember when it came out on PC and everything was SUPER buggy and all that, most of the time people would be stuck under the floor, most of the time the headshots wont register, the car bug was at its peak etc etc, but they fixed it didnt they. So i'm pretty sure that the game would be amazing to play after a month or two. Waiting for it to come out on PS4.

Via the FG App

On 26/12/2017 at 9:45 PM, McNasty said:

Every single person I know is addicted to this game now.  All of the Xbox guys i played halo, battlefield, and call of duty with have ALL switched to PUBG.

the graphics and glitching issues only last for maybe the first 30 seconds of each match and after that it's pretty solid.  You'll get booted out of games every now and then but from our collective experience this game is entirely playable and fucking fantastic.  I haven't been this addicted to a game since Halo 2.

anyway don't let the above videos prevent you from playing you're really missing out.  If anyone here plays let me know so we can get some matches in.  I don't have many folks on my list

Need your gamertag on your profile mate as no one can add you yet :)

Nice to see the Xbox One version has somewhat steadied. I had a go on it round my mates over Christmas and it's still a pretty ugly experience but the rendering has improved which was a massive problem. Still runs poorly at sub 30 and I'm not sure if that'll ever improve on the XB1/s but at least it's somewhat playable to an extent now. The Xbox One X version is going to be the determining factor so if they can get that running at 60 even downscaled to 1080p on a mid-to-high preset; that'll be something at least. 

On 12/26/2017 at 10:07 PM, The3rdWalker said:

PUBG has bought $70 worth of video-games for me. I wish there was a market place on console like that. 

I'll check my market history later but I'm pretty sure I haven't had to buy a game with real money this year and I must have spent over £200 on Steam games and that's all been through PUBG virtual trash. I still have wallet funds left over too. 

I picked up the xbox version. Still aiming to play it properly on a PC but gives me something to play on the Xbox One now.
Didn't know you had an Xbox. And PUBG! Let us know how you find it!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Me and my friends have all put this game to rest for now.  It's been 4 months since release, and after 70 dinners and hundreds of hours of play I've given up any hope that they will make this game what it should be.  The last 3 weeks of gameplay have been choppy nonsense at seemingly 10FPS, and that's after patch 11.  You can throw all the money in the world at development here, but in the end the only way they could create a real game that works is to rebuild from scratch and they simply don't have the time to do that.  This was simply a money grab to compete against fortnite before the battle royale genre got owned by the big studios.  They never intended for this game to work.

I'll still jump on every now and then, but the addiction has finally wore off after the last few weeks of crashouts and losing to the game instead of another player.  It's been awesome fun though and I certainly gt $30 of entertainment out of it.

1 hour ago, McNasty said:

Me and my friends have all put this game to rest for now.  It's been 4 months since release, and after 70 dinners and hundreds of hours of play I've given up any hope that they will make this game what it should be.  The last 3 weeks of gameplay have been choppy nonsense at seemingly 10FPS, and that's after patch 11.  You can throw all the money in the world at development here, but in the end the only way they could create a real game that works is to rebuild from scratch and they simply don't have the time to do that.  This was simply a money grab to compete against fortnite before the battle royale genre got owned by the big studios.  They never intended for this game to work.

I'll still jump on every now and then, but the addiction has finally wore off after the last few weeks of crashouts and losing to the game instead of another player.  It's been awesome fun though and I certainly gt $30 of entertainment out of it.

I think it will just live on PC like it was intended to but even then, the game has far too much running and not a lot happening for my liking.

Fortnite seems to have got the size of the map right for 100 players.

You played much of Fortnite?

Tried it once, definitely not my type of game with the building/jumping around the whole time.  I'll save that for Halo.  I think any of the big developers could make a game 100x better than PUBG.  I love the mechanics of the game, so give me that and good graphics with stable gameplay and that's all I could ask for.