Bungie at it again...

J4MES OX4D

This was no great surprise to me when I decided to pass on CoO. But it is pretty crap in light of how badly the game is bombing, as it gives even less reason to log in. Player base is already crumbling, this just seems like another nail in the coffin, self inflicted. 

I do  think sometime Bungie will get it right, but fundamentally there is too much wrong to fix quickly, so I'm pretty much expecting to wait at least 6-9 months before buying any DLC ' just to see if they can fix the game at all

To add insult to a deserved injury for Bungie; Sony and Microsoft have been offering refunds on the base game of Destiny 2.  Although this 'loophole' has been temporaily plugged whilst Activision get their house in order; still a few persistent users are managing to secure refunds on the basis that they cannot unlock all achievements or 'finish' the game. 

The usual PR from Bungie; it's just like the XP scaling situation. Try and play the situation down as an unforseen 'issue' by 'investigating' the 'problem' despite them creating it and implementing it that way by choice. Once again, they got found out.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bungie-will-fix-destiny-2-locking-some-trophies-ac/1100-6455473/

"We are aware that there are some Destiny 2 Trophies and Achievements that have become unavailable to players who have not purchased Curse of Osiris. We are committed to fixing this issue, and are currently investigating a solution. Please stay tuned for more updates on this topic as progress is made."

I can't defend them and I'm just disappointed. Their communication is piss poor.

Like in the other CoO thread, I'm not surprised so I'm not angry as you can't say you didn't know this was going to happen if you've played D1 but its the way it ends up happening.

There's only so many times you can say the game has got the potential...the foundation.... You need to build on it at some point.

I geniunely believe the game will be great, lots to do and variety, at one stage.

But at this moment it feels like what DriveClub has. Right now, the game is fully fleshed out, lots to do and looks great. But their sucked ass at launch and meant that the player base that you desperately need for games like this is never there.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb