Come on Mercury...

The3rdWalker

Mercury is possibly the most beautiful planet we have seen in Destiny to date, especially in the past, but playing the story left with with two main thoughts; lazy, efficiently produced story missions, and a lot of lameness.
Why lazy? Damn. The whole story is a goose-chase to find Osiris and get to the boss fight- a Ghaul-style churned outta nowhere super important boss with no precedence whatsoever in the lore or Destiny universe? This could have been an epic moment in Destiny, but it's just a jacked up Harpy we never heard of. The story missions themselves reek of adventures- go here, scan that, open that, kill a boss, let's find something else on another planet now.

The Infinite Forest is pretty cool - in theory, but these lego blocks are wayyy too small to give you any sense of an illusion of infinity - they're basically random lego blocks you can run through easily that form a bridge to the other side of the mission. Now I'm not saying this was lazy, just predictably disappointing.

As for Osiris IN the actual story....WOW. That was a major disappointment. This is supposed to be an old Warlock, Osiris, the most powerful guardian yada yada yada - billed up for three years (perhaps as Panoptes should have been!!) just so show up with 5 mins of meaningless dialogue, and nothing new apart from what we saw in trailers.

Now, for the lame part. Brother Vance's character update to an Osiris zealot for one, but also..Ikora.
Ikora: I'm sorry you have no friends. People like you, invariably don't. You don't need friends, and as Warlock Commander, you should not care about having friends, you have a massive Nova bomb, and seek knowledge yada yada yada. IF you're having a personal crisis, keep it to yourself please. Be like Zavala. That line at the end...wow.

Finally, when I heard 'Panoptes', I thought "Ooh this is gonna be good"; a big ass Vex mind with time powers like Atheon who we're gonna fight in the past/present/future. No, it's a rather silly Harpy with arms, with a hint of Faro Industries robots (Horizon Zero Dawn) which is actually a Cyclops ability-wise? I didn't notice much else it did but zap that purple ray.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Most I agree with too. Shock, I hear you cry, the bungie suckass fanboy damns them. [emoji12]

....yeah, well, it is underwhelming. BUT I knew that going into it. On comparison to other DLCs in Destiny, it ranged slightly larger story elements than others (significant better and more than Rise of Iron).

The story is possibly a bit better than Rob said imo. Not by much though. They did miss a trick with Osiris, unless they have more in store for him.

I think the map is small on Mercury because they banked on you coming to do the Infinite Forest. I get that and why have loads of nothingy space (like crispy bangs on about the Tower being too big) when you just visit a few sections.

They need to continually give more to the Infinite Forest so it holds replayability factor. A Court of Oryx style thing at the end of reach runthrough would be more fitting to a cool looking place that it is.

There's more foundation, and apparently the Heroic Adventures have been applauded across Twitter has very good content so its not all bad. The 11 Mercury Osiris themed weapons are somewhat grindy, which can only be a good thing.

They just need to follow this up quickly. Otherwise people won't stick around for long this time round.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Its what I have come to expect from Bungie.

That being said, the Positive Outlook Auto Rifle has replaced Uriels in my loadout, which is just weird to say

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

6 hours ago, Sennex said:

Its what I have come to expect from Bungie.

That being said, the Positive Outlook Auto Rifle has replaced Uriels in my loadout, which is just weird to say

Lol. I got that gun too. Sweet gun. I then looked at it and it the Uriel's Omolon Gun reskinned and stats extremely the same. *facepalm*

13 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I heard the campaign portion of the DLC can be completed in 90 minutes; is this true? 

Yep. Nearly all campaigns in Destiny DLCs have been the same or slightly less.

Some, yes, the nightfall, and a token mission from Ikora, and I can't remember what else

If people are shocked by that, then they either didn't play Destiny 1, or didn't pay attention. This isn't new behavior 

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

They locked the Prestige Hard mode of the Leviathan Raid and that seems to be causing the most noise. As Bart said, this was pretty much on the cards from D1. They never said they'd deviate away from it. The Dawning (Season 2) coming on Tuesday is still available to all players.

I’m not sure about this locking the hard raid by increasing level requirement, did that actually happen in D1. I don’t think it did because they actually released a new raid in the first expansion so had no need to up the level of VoG. Can’t quite remember to be sure

For me being such a lore buff, the character of Osiris himself was a huge disappointment.

However, there are a few rumblings of some good lore still to come that may redeem Bungie. A lot of links to Saint-14 and one person found what looks to be Saint-14 on an adventure (although it remains to be seen whether the ability to view him was intentional by Bungie or accidental. If intentional, then this makes me very happy as they're obviously still committed to sprinkling secrets about here and there for people to discover)

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png