Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Congratulations to Liverpool who have finally joined the likes of Blackburn and Leicester in winning the Premier League.
All it took was loads and loads and loads of cash, marvellous [emoji122][emoji848][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

26 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

All it took was loads and loads and loads of cash, marvellous emoji122.pngemoji848.pngemoji28.png

Hope that wasn't about Blackburn as well Philly!! 😤

A very sad day for all other fans yesterday as the 30 years is now over. 😂

In all seriousness, lots of respect to that team winning the league, it had to happen again someday and that team gels extremely well together. Its feels right the Champions of Europe and the World Club Cup are now the English League Champions. Ah well, get ready for years of painful noises in that scouse accent...😩 

Hope that wasn't about Blackburn as well Philly!! [emoji36]

A very sad day for all other fans yesterday as the 30 years is now over. [emoji23]

In all seriousness, lots of respect to that team winning the league, it had to happen again someday and that team gels extremely well together. Its feels right the Champions of Europe and the World Club Cup are now the English League Champions. Ah well, get ready for years of painful noises in that scouse accent...[emoji30] 
Ha ha what Jack spent pales into nothingness when you look at how much LFC have spunked. They were so desperate at one point they even bought Robbie Keane from Spurs[emoji28]

But fair play, I like Klop, I like his attitude and his style of management and they have some great young players at the club. They are the best team in the league right now and I'm glad they were able to win it by actually playing the games.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Ha ha what Jack spent pales into nothingness when you look at how much LFC have spunked. 

Agreed pre-Klopp Phil but, in the cause of balance......

In the five years since 2015/16, Liverpool have used £515.59m to spend on players but crucially, £408.02m of that has been generated through player sales. For every £100m spent, £79.1m has been recouped as shown below, with most of those departing being fringe players who failed to make an impact under Jurgen Klopp.....Over the five-period in question, Liverpool have a net spend of just £107.6m compared to City's £602m and Manchester United's £484.9m.

source: 

WWW.LIVERPOOL.COM

Liverpool's net spend under FSG has come under fire again - but is that fair?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Agreed pre-Klopp Phil but, in the cause of balance......

In the five years since 2015/16, Liverpool have used £515.59m to spend on players but crucially, £408.02m of that has been generated through player sales. For every £100m spent, £79.1m has been recouped as shown below, with most of those departing being fringe players who failed to make an impact under Jurgen Klopp.....Over the five-period in question, Liverpool have a net spend of just £107.6m compared to City's £602m and Manchester United's £484.9m.

source: 
a> <h3 class="ipsRichEmbed_itemTitle ipsTruncate ipsTruncate_line ipsType_blendLinks"> [img]Liverpool net spend argument needs revisiting, with FSG short of credit despite three key principles - Liverpool.com WWW.LIVERPOOL.COM
Liverpool's net spend under FSG has come under fire again - but is that fair?  
That's all very well...but doesn't change anything with regards to their spend....they did some good sales but where did all those players they sold to balance the books come from in the first place? [emoji846]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I think the key with Liverpool is they have spent big but they have spent very well. They have also lost some huge names but managed to bring in some massive fees on those like Suarez and Countinho which must have been £200m alone. Bringing in the right players and growing the youth ones has been a successful formula that has landed them the Champions League and Premier League title. 

They've always had world class players on their books over the years - they blew the Prem twice in the last decade with the likes of Gerrard, Suarez, Torres, Coutinho and co but then again they've always had weaker players bundled in like Carroll, Shelvey, Skrtl, Allen whereas now they have all bases covered. Unlike City and Chelsea, they didn't buy their way to the league and have been knocking on the growth door since 2015. 

For all the money Man City have, they are getting kicked out the Champions League rather than winning it and Chelsea haven't managed to buy the Prem for a while since. I hate to say it but I think Liverpool and Klopp have done a marvelous job but they have had it way too easy this season and quite a few games this season especially early on they picked up some very fortunate wins. 

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I think the key with Liverpool is they have spent big but they have spent very well.

You missed off the end 'for the past 12 months'. I can kinda see Phil's point as over the years they've had great names and spent millions on people like Torres, Coutinho, Suarez, etc. and not really dominated until this year. Still, can't take it away from them. Delighted for Henderson and Milner, top professionals.

2 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Looks like Oxford are going to Wemberley 😀

This made me laugh...

I've had such a stressful evening and glad it's over! Got a week of breathing space before the final. I was gonna take the piss out of a few Pompey fans I know but it looks like I've been beaten by Southampton, Sunderland and even Eastleigh supporters🤣

12 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I've had such a stressful evening and glad it's over! Got a week of breathing space before the final. I was gonna take the piss out of a few Pompey fans I know but it looks like I've been beaten by Southampton, Sunderland and even Eastleigh supporters🤣

We had it on in our house, and was hoping they'd get through knowing you'd be biting your fingers off in the process! Pompey have still not won a single Playoff game.

12 minutes ago, uberwarrior said:

Nice to see Mourinho promoting team harmony last night 🤣

It follows him around doesn't it?! I haven't seen it yet but I Lloris has always baffled me cos he gets the Captain's armband a lot but he doesn't look and act like one.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It follows him around doesn't it?! I haven't seen it yet but I Lloris has always baffled me cos he gets the Captain's armband a lot but he doesn't look and act like one.

Not as bad a Roy "the lunatic" Keane, even Dwight Yorke was calling him out the other day.

The one time I don't decide to pay a tenner to watch the beloved Blackburn as I think it might be not worth the pain i'd endure, we go and smack Cardiff 3-2 away from home and Adam Armstrong scores a stunner from 40 yards, ffs! Just when you want to forget your playoffs dreams for another year they suck you back in! Can't see it happening but i'm proud of the season we've had largely without Bradley Dack.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Mourinho is finished. His football is as boring as ever but now it's totally ineffective and it's making Tottenham look terrible. I've been watching Spurs for over 2 decades and even when they were proper shite, they always used to entertain and score goals. ZERO shots on target tonight and some of the most negative, slow and dreary football I've ever seen this club produce. Bournemouth should have won it in the end but a disallowed goal and guilt edged chance all in injury time cost them. Jose has to win against Arsenal on Sunday because at this rate, Spurs will be out of Europe and finishing below Sheffield United. 

Norwich relegated losing 4-0 at home to West Ham. Aston Villa in very deep shit needing to win 3 out of their last 4 games minimum. Bournemouth on the brink too. Championship is as mental as ever top and bottom - so much to fight for especially concerning the relegation and Wigan. Brentford and looking very good whilst Cardiff and Swansea are battling to that final playoff spot but another team could also nick it. Derby bottling it more than Evian as ever😎