Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The Premier League will restart on 17 June - more than three months after it was suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Premier League season is set to restart on 17 June with Aston Villa v Sheffield United and Manchester City v Arsenal, the BBC has learned.

The matches are the two games in hand.

A full fixture list would then be played on the weekend of 19-21 June.

Clubs are still discussing the idea at a meeting on Thursday, but it is understood all have agreed in principle at this stage.

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

They will need some rigorous testing along with some rapid results if this is to be done safely. There's still a small number of players being diagnosed but if one slips through the net, two teams along with their staff at just one fixture could all be affected and this could go back to their families. I'm not sure how they are doing it in Spain, Korea and Germany but it does seem to be working but those countries seem to have solid strategies in place and none of their footballers have been done for violating lockdown rules.

The football league needs to get its arse into gear - at this rate they will still be consulting with clubs in the year 2029 for this season! 

Looking forward to watching some football soon - June 20th is the key date, EFL, not EPL all the way [emoji51]
What's the score from Blackburn Rovers? I've always taken a small interest in their fortunes since I found out my dad's cousin John played for them in the late 70s.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

sqoVZsJUBkESsWsi5rWjsC-1200-80.jpg WWW.PCGAMER.COM
The Premier League is set to return on June 17.  
Alasdair Gold was talking about that in his last vid, apparently he reckons it's pretty decent once you get your mind round it. I might give it a swerve.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

33 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

This is one where the opposite happens - sounds whacky as hell concept but I totally think it will work better than anyone anticipates.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

What's the score from Blackburn Rovers? I've always taken a small interest in their fortunes since I found out my dad's cousin John played for them in the late 70s.

We have a chance at the playoffs. Squad is the youngest (on average) in the league with players only getting better game by game. We were top of the form book over last 10-12 games or so, which I hope continues for us because I really do think our squad deserves a shot more than some of those teams in the top 6. We have a pretty decent run-in with only 3 points to make up on 6th - 9 cup finals if you ask me.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The way the Football League have handled the situation has been a joke - they've taken no authority and still we don't really know what's happening. Championship is resuming on June 20th, League 2 have decided to end the season now with only relegation to be fleshed out and League One clubs are still undecided. It's a total shambles and it's dragged on way too long. 

I think League One and Two will cease early with PPG and then play-offs and The Championship and Prem will continue cos money.  League One should be decided tomorrow though and although I want the season to carry on as Oxford are in 3rd, we may have to settle with a playoff place. It's too late in the day to play another 10-odd games especially with the financial and contractual debacles going on. 

Premier League is back this week!

For users who don't have Sky, there are matches being televised on normal TV. The first game is on Pick TV (Freeview 11) and it's Norwich v Southampton on Friday late afternoon. BBC then has Bournemouth v Crystal Palace on Saturday evening. Sunday evening is Everton v Liverpool on Pick TV and then we have Man City v Burnley on Monday night Pick TV again. 

Here's the confirmed list for the next couple of weeks 

Wednesday, June 17

Aston Villa v Sheffield United 6pm – SKY
Manchester City v Arsenal 8:15pm – SKY

Friday, June 19

Norwich v Southampton 6pm – SKY (free-to-air)
Tottenham v Manchester United 8:15pm – SKY

Saturday, June 20

Watford v Leicester 12.30pm – BT
Brighton v Arsenal 3pm – BT
West Ham v Wolves 5.30pm – SKY
Bournemouth v Crystal Palace 7.45pm – BBC

Sunday, June 21

Newcastle v Sheffield United 2pm – SKY (free-to-air)
Aston Villa v Chelsea 4.15pm – SKY
Everton v Liverpool 7pm – SKY (free-to-air)

Monday, June 22

Manchester City v Burnley 8pm – SKY

Tuesday, June 23

Leicester v Brighton 6pm – SKY
Tottenham v West Ham 8.15pm – SKY

Wednesday, June 24

Manchester United v Sheffield United 6pm – SKY (free-to-air)
Newcastle v Aston Villa 6pm – BT
Norwich v Everton 6pm – BBC
Wolves v Bournemouth 6pm – BT
Liverpool v Crystal Palace 8.15pm – SKY

Thursday, June 25

Burnley v Watford 6pm – SKY (free-to-air)
Southampton v Arsenal 6pm – SKY
Chelsea v Manchester City 8.15pm – BT

Saturday, June 27

Aston Villa v Wolves 12:30pm – BT

Sunday, June 28

Watford v Southampton 4.30pm – SKY (free-to-air)

Monday June, 29

Crystal Palace v Burnley 8pm – AMAZON

Tuesday June, 30

Brighton v Manchester United 8:15pm – SKY (free-to-air)

Wednesday, July 1

Arsenal v Norwich 6pm – BT
Bournemouth v Newcastle 6pm – SKY (free-to-air)
Everton v Leicester 6pm – SKY
West Ham v Chelsea 8.15pm – SKY

Thursday, July 2

Sheffield United v Tottenham 6pm – SKY
Manchester City v Liverpool 8.15pm – SKY

Don't have Sky but might watch the City v Arse game on NowTV if I can't find it by other means. Then again I may just game and wait for the big one on Friday. Spurs v Man Utd and I'm already stressed about it[emoji28]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Excited to have football back on the TV in the house. Anytime there's a game on we usually have them on. I just can't believe Blackburn haven't got any games selected for Sky. Some of the fans are hoping that as we are getting completely ignored it might work in our advantage and creep into the playoffs. We'll see, as we may struggle to come higher than 8th imo.

Two players taken off with injuries and David Louise sent off!

Looks like I'll be tuning into AFTV tonight[emoji41]
lol at AFTV, I think they've had all the life sucked out of them now, even the anger just seems to be them reconciled to the fact that their team isn't getting better any time soon.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Omg @J4MES OX4D , have you seen this hilarious thread that someone has done with the Oxford United team in an alternate universe?! Epic work.

https://twitter.com/FantasticMrOx/status/1273883838364766208?s=19

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Omg @J4MES OX4D , have you seen this hilarious thread that someone has done with the Oxford United team in an alternate universe?! Epic work.

https://twitter.com/FantasticMrOx/status/1273883838364766208?s=19

Brilliant! Can't believe I missed that - some sexy bastards indeed😂