Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Troy Parrot. That's my pick for oung player to watch this season at Spurs. He's only 17 but he's being introduced to the 1st team. I've been watching him the last couple of years as he's been banging in the goals for Spurs and Rep of Ireland youth teams. I'm hoping he gets a chance in a senior league cup game.

Anyone else have any young players from their teams that they're excited about for the future?

I guess Cheatski will be relying on their diaspora of young players as they can't sign any. The Arse have a few decent young 'uns.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Troy Parrot. That's my pick for oung player to watch this season at Spurs. He's only 17 but he's being introduced to the 1st team.

I hear Tony Flamingo is pretty decent at Spurs too!

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Anyone else have any young players from their teams that they're excited about for the future?

Any Oxford players I get excited about end up being sold in the next transfer window😂

We have Gavin Whyte and Mark Sykes who are both Northern Ireland international first team players and they are absolutely deadly in midfield and attack. It's only a matter of time they'll be playing top-end Championship level and we're just keeping hold of them to raise their transfer fee. 

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The Arse have a few decent young 'uns.

This comment will be flagged by the FBI for further examination😎

36 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Gareth Bale signs for Chop Suey FC on £1m a week. 

He's killed his career for easy money. 

Really disappointing to see. If he hadn't gone to Real Madrid on a stonking good contract maybe I could a tiny bit understand as its his job so he wants the most before he retires but @Dan94 is spot on - unless he wants to buy a country when he retires that is.

Really disappointing to see. If he hadn't gone to Real Madrid on a stonking good contract maybe I could a tiny bit understand as its his job so he wants the most before he retires but [mention=1335]Dan94[/mention] is spot on - unless he wants to buy a country when he retires that is.
He could've come back to Spurs where he would've been adored

Gone to PSG, Bayern etc for a new challenge, similar to Ronaldo

China is just ending his career and going for the money, not even greed and this stage its just stupidity really imo

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

Bale stayed at a team that clearly never appreciated him. Madrid fans are everything I hate about football. More fool him for staying. Could have been a legend. Other than winning the Champions League he played his best football at Spurs. He'll last one year in China.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Unless he has personal or health issues we know nothing about....other than that, I tend to agree with you all 

Edit: He hasn’t actually signed yet....also, the people that own the Chinese club are major shareholders in Inter Milan, so he could also play there in the winter. Beckham did the same with LA Galaxy and AC Milan

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Bale stayed at a team that clearly never appreciated him. Madrid fans are everything I hate about football. More fool him for staying. Could have been a legend. Other than winning the Copa del Rey, the Champions League four times, La Liga once, one Spanish Supercup, three Uefa Super Cups and four Fifa Club World Cups, he played his best football at Spurs. He'll last one year in China.

Fixed that for ya, Phil 😎😘

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

11 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Bale stayed at a team that clearly never appreciated him. Madrid fans are everything I hate about football. More fool him for staying. Could have been a legend. Other than winning the Champions League he played his best football at Spurs. He'll last one year in China.

Zidane's attitude with him in the press has been pretty sour of late so it does sound like there's a lot of bad blood behind the scenes.

Real Madrid fans are fucking retards - they are the only side to win the Champions League and the next day they want the manager and certain players gone. They hold grudges against players in such a way, they boo them even when they score or touch the ball; sometimes for months on end. Bale was booed week after week, scored the winning goal in the CL final and then was still loathed by them. 

Aston Villa have done superb in the transfer market imo. 12 signings, 145 million spent and another potential 2 to come before the deadline. Fair play. They clearly want to ensure relegation doesn't ever happen again and 5 out of 6 clubs that have gone up and spent over 50 million have stayed up.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Aston Villa have done superb in the transfer market imo. 12 signings, 145 million spent and another potential 2 to come before the deadline. Fair play. They clearly want to ensure relegation doesn't ever happen again and 5 out of 6 clubs that have gone up and spent over 50 million have stayed up.

Fulham spent over £100m last summer and went straight back down after being bottom for most of the season and having about 3 managers. but I think Villa are better equipped to stay up. Great championship team Villa had last year but with loanees, oldies and players that weren't quite at prem level, they had to spend big to stand any chance of competing.