Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Last night reminded me a lot of the night Peter Crouch scored against Man City and got us into the Champions League for the first time ever.

That and Gazza's goal versus the Arse in the 91 FA semi-final.

'Spursy' has taken on a new meaning.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Haven't had a chance to watch the highlights yet, going to save it till i get home and can crank up the volume.

ย 

Congrats to Spurs, hope you win the whole thing!

ย 

What you doing for the game @phil bottleย ?

ย 

ย 

[mention=141]phil bottle[/mention]ย That was meant to say, what are you doing for the final?ย [emoji38]
lol i was trying to figure that out [emoji39]

Dunno yet, might go Madrid but probably watch it at home on 4K as I'm lazy and skint.

I switched to BT recently, couldn't have timed it better.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What a couple of days for football. As much as I jest about Liverpool I have respect for them for turning that game round against Barca (yes @Plumbers Crack, I still want English clubs to do well in Europe ;)). Not sure why Barca didn't turn up at all but clearly got the jitters before the game even started.

ย 

However for me, Spurs were just magnificent against a real classy Ajax side. They were backs against the wall for a half and then performed amazingly even with Ajaxย still pulling off some great chances. I'm glad I got to watch that and now I can sit back and support Spurs for the final :D

ย 

I just don't know why Liverpool fans can't be happy for coming runners-up in 2 competitions?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I just don't know why Liverpool fans can't be happy for coming runners-up in 2 competitions?

I would be devastated if I were them and that happened. Finishing second on potentially 97 points and losing a second straight CL final and third in a row would be horrible for them and especially for Klopp. The 'they've had an amazing season' consolation statement just wont wash with anyone and down the line it'll be remembered more for them 'bottling' it than how well they played over the course of the season. They have to win at least one and I hope it's not the Champions League!ย 

Yes, it would be disappointing for them, but arguably just because of how many points they have doesn't mean they deserve to 'win' something. Over the years you could've pulled out a number of teams that played consistently well throughout the year and was just pipped at the end,ย Newcastle being one of them (good old Kevin Keegan). Thats the great thing about football, nothing is ever guaranteed and you still have to deliver on that final day and moment.

ย 

Respect to them regardless.

ย 

ย 

I'm sure most will be issuing a sigh of relief if they don't win anything...they don't want to listen to scouse fans for the next 20 years again.

Sunderland's playoff semi final 1st leg yesterday was their lowest attendance of the season. They were expecting 45,000 but only 26,000 turned up. Portsmouth took 1200 this time but when they met 3 weeks ago, they took 3200. Suppose them two are sick of playing each other especially as they met in the FL Trophy final also! Long trip for Pompey fans too.ย 

ย 

$alford got promoted too. Tried to buy the league but could only manage the playoffs. We don't want another shitty peddled franchise in the football league. There's something about David Beckham since he's retired; he's become a national twat. Thank fuck he's ineligible for a knighthood.ย 

Football is a funny old game, quite an exciting season for a lot of teams. With my Spurs hat on, I'd say it's our best season since we beat Chelsea in the league cup ten years ago.

ย 

However, I've not been to the new ground yet. I'm put off by the prices, so it'll be a carling cup game on a Wednesday night next season for me I'd bet.

ย 

But then, they've already started ejecting fans from the ground for 'persistent standing' and that doesn't encourage me to be honest.

ย 

Chris Hughton getting sacked is football these days I suppose but I hope Brighton come bottom next season.

ย 

Meanwhile at Clapton Community FC at the weekend, we won the league, promotion with an attendance of 1200, where it's 3 quid to get in and the beer is cheap. Where the team and the fans gather at the end of every game and sing songs together for 20 minutes. That's football these days for me[emoji39]

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Looks like the players are a bunch of cunts as well.

ย 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48276093

ย 

Manchester City: 'Battered' Liverpool fans song draws criticism

Manchester City have been criticised over a video that appears to show players and staff joining in a song that celebrates Liverpool fans being "battered in the street".
The video is thought to have been captured on an aircraft as the club's travelling party returned from a 4-1 Premier League win at Brighton.
That victory saw the Blues beat Liverpool to the title by one point.
It is unclear which players and staff - if any - are joining in the singing.
The song - which City described in a statement as a "regular chant during the 2018-19 season" - recalls Liverpool's defeat in last year's Champions League final in Kiev.
It cites fans being "battered in the streets" and "crying in the stands" and includes a line on Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah being injured - but with the original culprit, Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos, changed to City defender Vincent Kompany.
However, many of the party only join in at the "Allez, Allez, Allez" chorus.
"It's honestly embarrassing that some Man City fans think it's OK for their players to sing about fans being beat up," one Liverpool fan tweeted, while many more responded saying the video was "classless", "unprofessional" or "naive".
City also said in their statement that "any suggestion that the lyrics relate to Sean Cox or the Hillsborough tragedy is entirely without foundation".
Sean Cox was left with brain injuries after being attacked before Liverpool played Roma at Anfield in the Champions League in April 2018.
Three Italian fans were jailed for their part in the attack.

ย 

ย 

Don't know how Pep got manager of the year. Do they just give it to the winners of the Prem? It's like rewarding a dog for licking its balls.

It pains me to say it but I think the Norwich manager would have been a worthy winner

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

52 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

It pains me to say it but I think the Norwich manager would have been a worthy winner

I think Chris Wilder won manager of the year from the LMA but the Prem MOTY was Guardiola. Farke had a very good season with Norwich and the signing of Pukki was pivotal.ย 

On 5/14/2019 at 9:20 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Referee Mike Dean at the Tranmere playoff game last night

giphy.gif

ย 

I love this 1000 times over. Best referee since Collina. Love a bit of emotion.

ย 

On 5/14/2019 at 1:46 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Man City could be kicked out of the UCLย https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48265079

ย 

Bound to happen at some point. I'd worry for other teams at the top though as they can't be the only ones doing what they're doing. Apart from stingy Spurs (and thats a good thing btw @phil bottleย before you lynch me)