Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Sam Allardyce who is on record the most successful England manager of all time with a 100% win record has left Everton.

Despite them finishing 8th in the table, the fans weren't too happy with the style of football. I saw them a few times on TV this year and they were just god awful to watch especially in the Merseyside Derby a couple of months back against Liverpool Reserves. David Moyes will no doubt apply for that job but I can't see him getting it especially after the tortue Everton have endured with mundane managers of late.

England WC squad announced....

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Standby: Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Tom Heaton (Burnley), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Jake Livermore (West Brom), James Tarkowski (Burnley).

Personally, not overwhelmed with the inclusion of Welbeck and Jones but happy that Hart and Wilshere are out

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

England WC squad announced....

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland (Stoke), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Fabian Delph (Manchester City), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Harry Maguire (Leicester), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea).

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Jamie Vardy (Leicester), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Standby: Lewis Cook (Bournemouth), Tom Heaton (Burnley), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Jake Livermore (West Brom), James Tarkowski (Burnley).

Personally, not overwhelmed with the inclusion of Welbeck and Jones but happy that Hart and Wilshere are out
I'm personally happy Jones is included. Now he has a regular slot at Man Utd, he really is the old hard, resolute English defender we need and doesn't make many mistakes. Just thank god Smalling wasn't included.

I want to see Dier play. He is seriously underrated as Ali gets all the praise.

Via the FG App

zzzzz....well, that’s 90 minutes of my life wasted...Italian defence by Conte after going ahead....Utd huff and puff...Pogba AWOL...Jones is too slow and past it GS, leave him behind

9 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Phil-Jones-wasn-t-shown-a-red-card-for-h

As soon as I praise the fucker. Knew I'd pay for that. 😂

We're alright now though, that's his 1 mistake in every 10 games done. 😃

Bit hypocritical with Mourinho bitching about Chelsea having 9 men behind the ball when they were 1-0 up - he usually has 11 men behind the ball from the first minute even against the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth! They even played for a 0-0 draw at home to West Brom which didn't work out too well😎

12 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Welcome to my season, I’m still not sure how we can be that poor. We lack almost everything, the only thing we have is a brilliant goalkeeper.

Fixed that for you Rich! 😉

Without De Gea, United would be pretty shit. Easily one of the best GK’s in the world at this point with his only real competition being an injured Neuer and an absolutely insane Jan Oblak who has a much better defence ahead of him. Lukaku is just a faster Giroud... Sanchez is done. Mata isn’t good enough any more. Bailly is the only one in the united defence who can be world class on his day. Pogba really hasn’t lived up to his pricetag and expectations... Matic is really good though. I can’t see how Mourinho will fix this team by bringing in Willian... Dude’s turning 30 and is far from a long term solution. Then again, with Mourinho you get a trophy and then he ruins everything somehow. Sad to see a club like united reduced to what they are today tbh.

I honestly don't know how United finished 2nd or amassed that many points really. The squad needs a huge overhaul (and probably the management) and that will take time and cost a bomb. Guardiola may have spent more but he spent well and improved the players that were already there like Sterling. Mourinho inherited a very dull team from Van Gaal and with his dull approach, it was just as painful to watch albeit a bit more successful. Also the players he brought in haven't exactly shined and his public criticisms of his own players and general spats with other mangers has certainly impacted the team negatively.  

I grew up watching Fergies United which were incredible and every United game was incredibly entertaining. Old Trafford is dead now and the fans haven't seen a good match since 2013 it seems. Even big fixtures and huge spectacles against the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal were extremely boring and underwhelming in recent memory too.  Jose was once a feared manager and a mastermind of football but now he's just there to wind up and his negative approach is becoming more and more predictable that other teams aren't falling for. I bet a lot of players who would've wanted to play under him don't want to any more so even a club like that could struggle attracting big names. 

I agree with Chaos above - signing an ageing Macy Gray lookalike from Chelsea's second string isn't exactly going to set the world alight or inspire United for years to come. 

I haven't watched much Prem football as when your own team ain't its a bit crap tbh. [emoji16]

It's weird though, as contrary to what you guys say about United, when I have seen parts of them, they look pretty solid. Yeah, they're gonna take a few years to get back to the team that they once were but to finish second to a team that has dominated the league due to the money spent on them AND finishing runners-up in the largest domestic cup known isn't something to grumble about. They will get a trophy next year for sure.

It saddens me to see the current state of expectations, all due to money. They won the 2nd biggest European Cup last year on paper and it's seen as nothing as the money is only in Champions League, yet Liverpool will get more praise for coming an utterly shite 4th and could be again Champions of Europe. 4th. In your own league. It makes a mockery of the system.

No wonder Klopp calls it a 'perfect season' based on social media reports.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I haven't watched much Prem football as when your own team ain't its a bit crap tbh. emoji16.png

It's weird though, as contrary to what you guys say about United, when I have seen parts of them, they look pretty solid. Yeah, they're gonna take a few years to get back to the team that they once were but to finish second to a team that has dominated the league due to the money spent on them AND finishing runners-up in the largest domestic cup known isn't something to grumble about. They will get a trophy next year for sure.

It saddens me to see the current state of expectations, all due to money. They won the 2nd biggest European Cup last year on paper and it's seen as nothing as the money is only in Champions League, yet Liverpool will get more praise for coming an utterly shite 4th and could be again Champions of Europe. 4th. In your own league. It makes a mockery of the system.

No wonder Klopp calls it a 'perfect season' based on social media reports.

Pretty much this. Allthough it has been frustrating to see some of the United games this season. 

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I’m old enough to remember when it was the European Cup and it was only the top team in each country that were entered...much, much better

Bit ironic when it became the 'Champions' League; non-champions were in it. Give it 20 years and the team in 10th will be able to get in. That'll be good news for Arsenal at least😎

54 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

According to Wenger there'll be a euro super league soon enough, at which point I'll probably start following non league football exclusively.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Christ, I remember these rumours from years ago and they always stem from Arsenal - funny they only started drying up when Arsenal stopped winning things. If this Super League ever materialised soon; Arsenal wouldn't be in it - they'll still be in the Prem going toe to toe with Burnley and Leicester! 

Don't worry Phil - you don't have to go all the way to non-league; the football league is perfectly good and very few plastics aside from Reading fans who follow Chelsea on the side! 

Pelegrini to Wet Spam, I wonder how decent a manager he is without a lot of money and dealing with shit fans in a shit stadium?

The Arse have - or it appears - made another shrewd move, Emery has a good record in the Europa leage😋

jeffersonclasswar.jpg