Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

2 hours ago, tronic44 said:

Yeah as i was typing it i was thinking how ridiculous that sentence sounded but he has been one of our only stand out players.

He has had a good season to be fair and way better than the likes of Rashford, Antony and Fernandes. Those 3 should be first out the door in January or next season. Antony is nothing more than a fidget spinner, Fernandes is good on paper but terrible during big matches and Rashford has faded spectacularly. 

20 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The Spurs v Burnley FA Cup game is on ITV, so I fully expect us to lose 🤪

We face Wigan on Monday and that's also on ITV, i expect us to lose as well but then i expect us to lose whether we're on tv or not haha

12 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Interesting that with all the financial fair play chat I see that Spurs are the only Premier league club where the wage bill is less than half of their revenue.

Getting Ndombele off the books probably helped.

Embarrassing performance from Spurs last night. 1 shot on goal all night compared to Man City's 18. Players spent most of the evening playing high-risk balls around their own area which almost resulted in 2 goals shortly before City scored from a set-piece. There was some nice attacking play at times especially from Johnson, Udogie and Werner but the final ball was absolutely shocking and Porro's inability to clear the first man from dead balls is a persistent problem. Spurs did defend really well for most of the game but the majority of attacks City had were easily preventable with more direct football and they cannot keep playing the same high-risk football against top sides throughout the 90. The sheer lack of anything up front made for a very frustrating night and clinging on to a replay would've served no benefit whatsoever either. 

The circus has come to Blackburn and unfortunately I can't see good times for a while. 3rd time in a row we've cocked up paperwork and the final minute for a big transfer, results have been awful for months, club captain loaned away to Ipswich, and now JDT likely not to be in charge before Saturday's game.

For a postive person in life that I am, its really bloody hard to see many positives right now. No idea what the owners want out of our club. They still pay the bills, but sometimes in life we know you can't just get by with the minimum as more may be needed now more than ever in terms of building relationships.

I really hope the players dig one out on Saturday. Even a scruffy 1-0 win would be a lovely present to try and dig ourselves out of this mess.

FA Cup Quarter Finals were pretty insane this weekend - Wolves 2-3 Coventry, Man City 2-0 Newcastle (yawn) Jammy Chelsea 4-2 Leicester and Man Utd 4-3 Liverpool. Really enjoyed watching all those games minus the City one which I comfortably ignored. 

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

FA Cup Quarter Finals were pretty insane this weekend - Wolves 2-3 Coventry, Man City 2-0 Newcastle (yawn) Jammy Chelsea 4-2 Leicester and Man Utd 4-3 Liverpool. Really enjoyed watching all those games minus the City one which I comfortably ignored. 

The whole weekend of football was a delight to watch, maybe with the exception of the Man City game. Incredible cup ties, and what the FA Cup is supposed to be all about. For any neutral watching football for the first time, that was pinnacle football drama at its best. Fair play to all the ones that got through too. Every winner felt like they did enough in my eyes to win their cup ties.