Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

10 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

What a surprise, Man Shitty have their ban overturned.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

No surprises there - a crooked football team and a corrupt governing body going toe to toe. I just wonder how much money changed hands...

That's gonna set a dangerous precedent going forward where you can essentially commit multiple levels of fraud, be convicted of it and still come away in the green. That piddly little fine they got will be paid off with income generated in a week from remaining in the competition. Pep being a 'friend' of UEFA also helps. 

On 7/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Norwich relegated losing 4-0 at home to West Ham. Aston Villa in very deep shit needing to win 3 out of their last 4 games minimum. Bournemouth on the brink too. Championship is as mental as ever top and bottom - so much to fight for especially concerning the relegation and Wigan. Brentford and looking very good whilst Cardiff and Swansea are battling to that final playoff spot but another team could also nick it. Derby bottling it more than Evian as ever😎

So glad the sheep shaggers (Derby) are bottling it. 

So, Man City have managed to overturn their UEFA ban, money talking by any chance?? That will make the fight for 3rd & 4th more intense with the remaining games. Chelski and Leicester both cocked up on the weekend, we'll see how Man Utd get on tonight, 3rd place is for the taking for them now if they make the run in count!

11 hours ago, uberwarrior said:

So, Man City have managed to overturn their UEFA ban, money talking by any chance?? That will make the fight for 3rd & 4th more intense with the remaining games. Chelski and Leicester both cocked up on the weekend, we'll see how Man Utd get on tonight, 3rd place is for the taking for them now if they make the run in count!

2 - 2....that wasn’t in the script

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Sorry to see Oxford lose out, they bossed the game, had the best chances too. And I thought the penalty was kind of harsh seeing as the keeper was entitled to try and collect the ball, in my opinion.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

2 - 2....that wasn’t in the script

True that. That may cost them in the long run. If they'd won last night then CL qualification was in their hands, now they have to rely on the others dropping points.

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Sorry to see Oxford lose out, they bossed the game, had the best chances too. And I thought the penalty was kind of harsh seeing as the keeper was entitled to try and collect the ball, in my opinion.

We started too slow, got back into the game and then didn't take our chances. We then paid the price in a sloppy set of circumstances. Definitely our worst performance of the season and Wycombe executed their non-football game plan really well. If it wasn't for Corona interrupting things, it would have been different outcome for the season I think as that sapped the momentum out of the better sides and rejuvenated ones with nothing to lose.

It's probably better that we stay in League 1 for now financially and in terms of competing but that was a really good chance to go up via the backdoor essentially. League One is gonna be a fucking nightmare next year - Peterborough, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich along with Wigan and Hull most likely!

As a consolation, I had my biggest ever bet win - I usually bet against my team in cup finals so if we lose, I have something to cheer🤣 

Thrilling day in the Championship - Brentford blew it, Luton got a lifeline and Cardiff and Swansea battle for the final playoff spot with Fulham still also able to clinch second place. Wigan have been dragged back into it with their expected 12 point deduction and Middlesbrough, Charlton and Birmingham can all still go down. Should be a great final day! 

Championship finale was insane - Brentford totally blew it losing to Barnsley who are 3rd bottom but will likely be safe after Wigan's points deduction. WBA could only draw but still go up in second. Nottingham Forest despite being in the playoffs literally all season lost 4-1 at home to Stoke and were replaced by Swansea by a single goal! The Swans could also face Cardiff at some stage. Charlton finished second bottom with Luton escaping in style. I don't think anyone could have predicted all that! 

22 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I still can't get over Nottingham Forest - they only needed one point from 5 games and failing that, lose every game but don't let a six goal difference slip, yet they totally capitulated.  This Tweet is iconic

Can't believe they went down the pan so easily, they had everything to play for an completely bottled it. Embarrassing!! I bet the sheep shaggers are loving it 🤨

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Skip to 2:15 and LOL @ Chris Kamara

Classic Kammi!!! Forest had enough chances to bury Stoke, how gutted must they be feeling today. FFS I played on that pitch as a schoolboy...........back when the ball was made of lead before Dave dives in with some abuse! 😉

1 hour ago, uberwarrior said:

Classic Kammi!!! Forest had enough chances to bury Stoke, how gutted must they be feeling today. FFS I played on that pitch as a schoolboy...........back when the ball was made of lead before Dave dives in with some abuse! 😉

They could've easily been 3-0 up at one point but it was just one of those freak results in a pretty unreal outcome. Barnsley were also in the relegation zone every minute since September and only climbed out of it in the last minute of their final game whilst Charlton had been 4th at one point and hadn't dropped into the zone until the final week. Brentford also had two amazing opportunities to go up and now look massively deflated for the playoffs. Fulham are well equipped for it but a Cardiff v Swansea fixture is a real possibility. 

Well that was an interesting last day of the EPL Leicester must be kicking themselves missing out on a Champions League slot after being in the top 4 for so long.  Jack Grealish's value has probably shot up as a result of him saving Villa, not sure how they will fair without next season if he moves on.

Pretty mad ending to Championship as @J4MES OX4D  mentioned. Looks like we helped Luton out big style with not one but two own goals. Interesting to see whos got the money next season as a few clubs are out saying they're struggling but also the windfall to Championship payments is starting to rise to larger heights which should keep them afloat a little while longer - I heard £1bn from TV which is quite a fee now for the second tier in English Football.

Always felt Man Utd would make it. Unfortunately fans will never be happy until Ole brings a trophy home to the club. Something Mourinho seemed to do with ease at United. Funny how fans selectively forget...

On 7/30/2020 at 1:47 PM, uberwarrior said:

Fair play to Brentford, they've played some really good football this season, I'd love to see how they get on in the EPL.

Football wise, they deserve to be there. Best footballing team in the Championship, probably the last 2 years running. They've just got bullied out of a few games here and there.

However, even when I say that its the sign of the times when I just look at the Premier League and wonder how on earth the most random of teams get there and some historic clubs are left wandering the lower leagues. I mean, how on earth do you come to support Brentford?! Especially, when they are stuck so closely around all the big London clubs. Yes. I'm totally well jel of their football.

Also, Eddie Howe has left Bournemouth by mutual consent. One of the last, if not the last of the managers that could keep his job forever. Whilst they've been relegated and maybe need a change, its unreal how he took that team from the bottom of League 2 to the Premier League and stay there for 5 years. Its a shame other teams can't stick by their manager more often. Too much instant success needed these days. I'm glad we still have Tony Mowbray 3 years in....even though I hear the fickle fans on Twitter calling for his name from time to time. Be careful what you wish for I say.

It'll be interesting to see where Callum Wilson goes. He surely has to play in the Premier League.