Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

On 11/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, phil bottle said:

I agree, can't see it working out.

Gonna be a great 2020, have to deal with the impending most right wing Tory government in history, Brexshit and now Spurs are bring managed by an ego with an inferiority complex.

FFSemoji28.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Little late to the party and like i texted you at the time, I'm looking forward to you guys lifting the Champions League now 😎

Especially after a god awful start of 3 wins out of 3....

Jose won his first three games at Utd, lost game 4 to a team from Manchester and it was all downhill from there.

He won his first three games at Spurs and tonight for game 4 faces a team from Manchester.

Will history repeat itself?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

10 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Jose won his first three games at Utd, lost game 4 to a team from Manchester and it was all downhill from there.

He won his first three games at Spurs and tonight for game 4 faces a team from Manchester.

Will history repeat itself?

You're right. After that he led the team to European glory and also won a domestic cup whilst finishing the best of everyone else behind a near perfect Manchester City team which secured CL football. Also won the Community Shield before that. It's a not much of a trophy but you got to be in it to win it.

He lost less than Ole and had less than better players. I think people misread him alot for his early bolshy outlook. I also think hes realised this and we'll start to see a 'nicer' side of Mourinho, more befitting to the social norm people want to see these days.

You're right. After that he led the team to European glory and also won a domestic cup whilst finishing the best of everyone else behind a near perfect Manchester City team which secured CL football. Also won the Community Shield before that. It's a not much of a trophy but you got to be in it to win it.

He lost less than Ole and had less than better players. I think people misread him alot for his early bolshy outlook. I also think hes realised this and we'll start to see a 'nicer' side of Mourinho, more befitting to the social norm people want to see these days.
Playing the most boring negative football I have ever seen.

I remember the George Graham years, no thanks.

Plus, the mask will slip, it always does.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

16 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Playing the most boring negative football I have ever seen.

I remember the George Graham years, no thanks.

I wouldn't say all of his football was boring. Be careful what you wish for too as we had big Sam...at least he kept us in the PL.

I think what he realised and now what we're seeing in the players at Man Utd are that they are a very poor team with flashes of individual brilliance. He got the most out of them by getting them into a system to win games. Ole is trying to play the 'nice' football but if you ain't got the players to do it whilst keeping the ball out of your net then you're gonna be a bottom half club.

I actually think his Chelsea teams had great teamwork and class alongside a huge desire to win.

For what we've seen so far in those 3 games, Spurs looked as dangerous as at their very best under Poch. Scoring 10+ goals ain't bad either.

21 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Plus, the mask will slip, it always does

Sometimes beauty is hidden deep within. Give it some time.

Sometimes beauty is hidden deep within. Give it some time.
I'm one of those people in life who tries to stay consistent with myself.

I've slagged him off for years, I'm not going to change my opinion just because he's managing the team I support.

I don't like how we operates, his tactics, how he treats other human beings, his lack of sporting fair play, his excuses for things going wrong.

If he has become St Paul on the road to Damascus and suddenly seen the light, well, we'll see [emoji4]

I just hope your optimism and faith in this man isn't mirrored with a similar faith in Boris Johnson [emoji28][emoji173][emoji8]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Tonight has 0-0 written all over it😁

I'd like to think Jose can rekindle some of his past brilliance even if it was rather annoying and boring to watch. I'm not entirely sure his style is still relevant or effective these days though. No matter how bad Spurs have been in the past, they have always entertained regardless and it will be a shock if things changed but I don't think it will with the players they have. I think Spurs are a more exciting team than what Chelsea were back in the day and Louis Van Gaal's Man Utd who were equally dull in which Jose was lumbered with.  

I think Mourinho needs to keep his head and ego in check. I thought Man Utd would be his last chance in English football but he's been given a huge opportunity in what is his residential home town as opposed to being locked up in a hotel. If this doesn't work then he wont get a big European team again and his management ability will redundant. He has the players, he has the record and he has a massive chance here - Spurs need trophies and he has the lot so it could be the best for both parties or a major setback that could have a dire knock-on effect in the future. 

Best game of the season for us last night, Rashford has been amazing for us recently. Fingers crossed we play the same on the weekend against City but we’ve been so inconsistent who knows what will happen.

Also shout out to Amazon for having the games, fuck having to pay for a million subscriptions to possibly watch your team play each week.

Couldn't bring myself to watch it, ranked up to level 19 in need for speed instead.

My heart has gone out of it for the moment, my brain went years ago.

Lee, you cracked me up this morning [emoji23]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Couldn't bring myself to watch it, ranked up to level 19 in need for speed instead.

My heart has gone out of it for the moment, my brain went years ago.

Lee, you cracked me up this morning emoji23.png

I forgot it was on and organised going out for a drink with a mate, was dreading it tbh. Thought you were going to whoop us.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Bad result for Spurs but it's all about the response now. Will Mourinho start cracking or can he put it behind him...

Great to see Alli back in form but they really need to sort out the defence.

Allis goal was pretty slick, I’m sure they’ll bounce back. It might not be pretty but Mourinho seems to alwahs

pull it out of the bag.

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Arsenal kick off at 20:15 tonight and it's not even a Thursday Europa League match! Sheff Utd in contrast k/o at 19:30. Weird. 

That must've been the reason they lost 🙈

On 12/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, tronic44 said:

if we play like that for the rest of the season we’ll be unstoppable.

Yeah, but they're as consistent as your gaming availability. Work, work, work and all of a sudden you're online! 😀😂

On 12/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, tronic44 said:

Man Utd’s performance against City was amazing, if we play like that for the rest of the season we’ll be unstoppable. Fingers crossed that was the turning point for us, we looked like the old utd

yOuRe GoNnA lOsE tO eVeRtOn SuNdAy😎