Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

I saw the 'handball' incident and it was a complete joke. This wasn't entirely down to VAR - this was the new kneejerk UEFA rules that were implemented to justify fatal errors made in the world cup final, champions league final and other major matches. Giving a handball that leads to a goal even if its totally unintentional is not right especially in yesterday's game. There is absolutely no logic in this law and its things like this which is killing the fun out of football. Nobody even noticed the handball but VAR once again had to check thin air and then the draconian laws had to be obeyed when the ball merely brushed the arm. 

I saw the 'handball' incident and it was a complete joke. This wasn't entirely down to VAR - this was the new kneejerk UEFA rules that were implemented to justify fatal errors made in the world cup final, champions league final and other major matches. Giving a handball that leads to a goal even if its totally unintentional is not right especially in yesterday's game. There is absolutely no logic in this law and its things like this which is killing the fun out of football. Nobody even noticed the handball but VAR once again had to check thin air and then the draconian laws had to be obeyed when the ball merely brushed the arm. 
It's definitely something they need to look at. It can't be that difficult to implement a rule where handball has to be either (a) intentional (b) in a position likely to be handball, intentional or not, or © influencing play. A glancing blow off an arm like yesterday wouldn't meet that criteria but spreading your arms in front of someone shooting would be.

Either way, fuck man shitty, I'll take that awesome away point [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Only Liverpool and Arsenal have 100% records and that'll change come this weekend when they play each other. It looks like it could be a tighter one this year. Would be cool to see a couple of teams break into the 'top 6' that is commonly seen each year.

Blackburn from a personal perspective have been brilliant recently, grinding out 2 back to back wins after losing the first 2 games. Performances have been really promising. Fingers crossed we can kick on and maintain that now.

16 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Apparently, we are top of the league, we are top of the league - I shall enjoy it while it lasts as that might not be for long!

Well, we spoke about it before and said sometimes going down is the best thing...I bet its refreshing to watch and see your team do really well and playing for something finally!

And just when you think Man Utd look to have a solid start....

8 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Coventry defender becomes Oxford's joint top scorer after scoring two own goals yesterday😎

I can't laugh too much. They're still undeafeted and knowing my luck, i'll say something and it'll backfire so I get lynched by every Cov fan that lives near me.

Liverpool legend Sebastian Coates concedes 3 penalties and gets sent off😂

_108574306_coates_getty.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Sporting Lisbon's former Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates gives away three penalties and gets sent off as Sporting lose at home.

Unloveable troublemaker and Inter club captain Mauro Icardi has joined PSG on loan for the full season, also extended his contract at Inter, but PSG can buy him for 65mil? What? Such an odd deal...

Possibly one of the poorest England performances I have ever seen tonight.

I get that he's trying out youngsters but too many at once and team is unbalanced.

Some of them are too greedy, some of them haven't seemed to yet develop a football brain. Some try to be too flash. And Henderson can only run around looking like angry stupid bulldog. No composure. But for the class of Sterling it might have been worse.

It's shit to watch, but the most damning evidence tonight is the score line.

You don't let in three goals at home against a fucking enclave called Kosovo. End of.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I enjoyed the England game last night. Playing outside of shitty Wembley and against a side who wanted to play football made it a very entertaining match. It was pretty harsh on Kosovo being 1-5 down so I'm glad they got some recognition - the game could've easily turned out to be a 8-1 mauling but after the second half, even 5-3 flattered England. We have no problems going forward but our defence is woeful plus the midfield really fell apart so many times. 

I think Gareth is probably being a bit too generous and casual - seems any prospect can walk into the England team. He really needs to select and play his best 11 at any given time and really make players work for a call up. Too soon for players like Mount and WTF is Chillwell, Rice and Keane doing in the team? 

I enjoyed last night. Kosovo have been playing way above their ranking and fair play that they scored a few. However, as much as we started badly, if half time hadn't have come we would have easily been 7 or 8-1 up in no time.

I'd much rather watch us take it to the opposition than sit back and get a nervous 1-0.

We'll always have defensive issues with the new style of playing out of the back but it's a far more entertaining side to watch than 10 years ago.

Oh, and Sancho is class. Would love to see him more often in an England shirt.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I enjoyed last night. Kosovo have been playing way above their ranking and fair play that they scored a few. However, as much as we started badly, if half time hadn't have come we would have easily been 7 or 8-1 up in no time.

I'd much rather watch us take it to the opposition than sit back and get a nervous 1-0.

We'll always have defensive issues with the new style of playing out of the back but it's a far more entertaining side to watch than 10 years ago.

Oh, and Sancho is class. Would love to see him more often in an England shirt.

Perhaps you should be watching Ipswich as well! 😘

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Possibly switch over to the Harlem Globetrotters?

Letting in 3 goals in a competitive match, not a friendly, against a place with a total population of 1.8 million is an embarrassment, not entertainment.

[emoji846]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg