Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

50 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Would you have posted this if Oxford had lost yesterday? 😂

One hundred and ten percent absolutely not😂

Good start for Ipswich though - Burton isn't an easy place to go first game of the season. I'm happy with a point away at Sunderland although we were robbed. Had a perfectly good goal disallowed and they were awarded a very dubious penalty. I would've taken a draw beforehand but under the circumstances it's a bit of a choker! Big spending Peterborough getting annihilated by Fleetwood on their own turf was rather amusing and Pompey losing to Shrewsbury was also a surprise. I'm just relieved were not in the same predicament as Bury or Bolton. Wanderers only had 3 senior players yesterday! 

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Coutinho to Spurs is the latest BS I heard. I stopped looking at NewsNow, but none of my Spurs mates did so I'm still getting itemoji28.pngemoji28.pngemoji22.png

Its either yourselves or Arsenal and that would be a blow to you guys if he goes there instead of Spurs.

And season starts this week. Yay! (Thats for the Championship too, right? 😀)

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

Dybala has got to be a wind up surely

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I heard it on the radio and although it seems he hasn’t quite signed yet, according to Sky, the bid has been accepted. 

The radio said it was a done deal but it’s not confirmed just yet but definitely credible.

I heard it on the radio and although it seems he hasn’t quite signed yet, according to Sky, the bid has been accepted. 

The radio said it was a done deal but it’s not confirmed just yet but definitely credible.
His wage demands alone make me think unlikely. Hope its bull cos I hate that stupid little hand sign he puts in front of his face when he scores.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Spurs have pulled out of signing Coutinho. He definitely would've wanted outrageous money and there was never going to be a long term deal out of it as Spurs would never pay £150m for him and if he was to play well, he'd just get snapped up by the likes of PSG. They look to be signing Sessegnon though. 

Coutinho turned us down as he wanted only a permanent move away and Barca wanted £80m-£100m which we wouldn't pay

Sessengon announced tomorrow

Lo Celso medical tomorrow, £55m fee agreed

Dybala unlikely as image rights are proving tricky ffs

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

Well, first time Deadline Day was exciting again. Although, the really good deals never materialised. I expected Spurs and Man Utd to come out on top and at one stage Spurs were there but somehow managed to lose the best deals. Shame that.

Everton making big moves although getting Iwobi instead of Zaha for 40 odd million seems a weird one.

Weirdly I know think Arsenal look alright mainly because everyone else didn't do well.

On a personal note, 1 in 1 out for Blackburn. Was really surreal and odd to hear we'd loaned Charlie Mulgrew, Club Captain to Wigan (of all teams). But it kinda makes sense as he wasn't going to be played as much and has made some howlers last year, which he continued to do on the first game of the season.

18 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Everton making big moves although getting Iwobi instead of Zaha for 40 odd million seems a weird one.

I can only assume they were priced out of the Zaha deal for £75m and opted for Iwobi which for £34m is crazy money. He's only scored 15 goals in 150-odd games which is a bad return considering how active he's been the Arsenal first team in multiple competitions and playing within such a creative team. There are defenders with more goals in less matches too! He may very well flourish at Everton though but he'll need to radically improve his output. 

Great start to the season for us but Chelsea weren’t great. Maguire had a brilliant first game, looks worth the money already. Rashford and Martial grabbing some goals was brilliant to see and James getting one on his debut was even better. Already looking forward to the next game, to see how they play.

On 8/11/2019 at 6:53 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Man Utd flattered or were Chelsea well and truly battered? 

I watched the whole game and thought Man Utd were well worth their money. Maguire was superb. That superb that if you weren't watching every little tap tackle he did you could've thought he had a quiet game. He made the right move 100% now playing for his boyhood club.

They also looked for the first time really threatening when attacking with speed. Chelsea for me didn't do a lot wrong but the class in quality in their forward line is clear to see. Whilst its great that this Chelsea transfer ban means the youngsters at Chelsea finally get a real look in the first team, its gonna take time for someone like Mason Mount to make an impact in the Premier League.

Other than that, I thought Villa looked very good. Mings played out of his skin at the back and Spurs were lucky - up until Eriksen came on. Game literally changed in a heartbeat. I was also glad for the result due to Harry Kane bagging me some points in the Fantasy League 😀