Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Good luck James! You may need it with their momentum building.

1-1 in the end which I would've taken beforehand under the circumstances but apparently we dominated the game from start to finish and should've won so I have mixed emotions really. 

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This isn't against you Dave in how I say this but for a club like Liverpool, why should it ever not be Prem first, especially with their history? Thats their problem, they don't give the PL the respect it deserves. Brendan Rodgers did and they just didn't have that luck when Gerrard slipped...could be a different story if that hadn't have happened.Good luck James! You may need it with their momentum building.

What I was trying to get at is where has Klopp or anyone at LFC come out and said the prem is not their primary target? 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

13 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

What I was trying to get at is where has Klopp or anyone at LFC come out and said the prem is not their primary target? 

Agreed. I think its more through their sense of demeanor. Their players also seem to be on 2 different levels when it comes to PL and CL.

Time will tell though as they've made a good start...just waiting for the rocky patch to kick in and we'll see what happens.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Oxford 0-3 Man City - no worse than Arsenal and even better than Cardiff fared last week. We had 7 key injuries and rested a couple of players for the weekend yet City turned up with David Silva, John Stones, Raheem Sterling, Ryiad Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus fucking christ, Vincent Kompany, Nico Ottamendi and Ilkay Gundogan! It was also a much closer game than the score and the stats suggested plus we kept them at bay for over half hour and they didn't seal it until the late 70's.  The gulf in class is insane though and even a couple of the city fringe players looked like they could stroll into any other Prem team. 

Well done to Derby and Burton too last night! 

Mourinho to be sacked tomorrow if they don't beat Newcastle? 

The way it's going, they'd probably be better of having Steve Bruce in charge. 

I don't think he'll go. I'd actually like them to persist with him for the whole season though. They have to get back to finding someone they can back and stick with through thick and thin. I do believe they'll get back on track. They have enough quality to turn it around.

I don't give two fucks, just so long as they stay away from Poch.

I am seriously worried about that. And with a chairman like Levy....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I don't think poch would risk himself at United given their last 3 managers and also their serious issues in the backroom staff and player power

I only think we'll lose him to either Madrid or PSG

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

HT Man Utd 0-2 Newcastle.

Has a manager ever been sacked at half time before?
giphy.gif

LOL. You did Mourinho a favour there mate!

Honestly, they need to rebuild the state of the club and so it needs to show some morals of sorts. Even if it's not Mourinho, they need to give a manager 3-4 years at least.

Prem wise, Man Utd are still up there imo, they played for Mourinho last few games and was good to see. Whilst Liverpool may be okay in Europe as per usual, they looked a little jaded to me in the league. Scraped a win playing badly which is what you need sometimes but they do seem fragile at the back still. Salah is slowly finding form but I still have doubts he'll be anywhere near last year.

Spurs form puzzles me. They have such a solid squad but they seem to lack confidence. Big worry as if Eriksen goes in Jan or at the end of the season I fear it's 5 steps back.

Man City are still dominant just because they score more than everyone else. If teams could lock them down somehow I think there's always goals to get against them.

Arsenal are also slyly making their way back up. My dark horse tip for 3rd this year, even if they're still inconsistent.

Huddersfield and Newcastle look down already. Newcastle particularly look completely void of ideas. Its like they don't care about playing. Benitez is also just collectinh money at this stage.

1 minute ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I always do accumulators each week.

I always lose in my accumulators each week😎 

I was thinking of starting a thread called the "FG Football Acca" if there was enough people interested.

Basically each week we'd all pick 1 selection for the Saturday 3pm kick offs, with odds of around evens and put them into an accumulator which we all place with whatever stake we wish. Ideally, we need at least 4 people to really make it work. 

29 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

I was thinking of starting a thread called the "FG Football Acca" if there was enough people interested.

Basically each week we'd all pick 1 selection for the Saturday 3pm kick offs, with odds of around evens and put them into an accumulator which we all place with whatever stake we wish. Ideally, we need at least 4 people to really make it work. 

Good idea! Get it started and see if we can rope a few to join.