Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

13 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Should somebody create a separate World Cup pinned thread? We had one last time and it worked well. I'd do one myself but I don't know how to create a new thread on this forum and my English isn't very good either. 

Do it.

Now we have a football (you meant to say soccer, didn't you) subforum it needs more threads. Get it going people!

Aberdeen 1-1 Burnley last night in the Eurovision Song Contest trophy. Nothing major but it's nice to see proper football slowly returning. 
It was nice to see Burnley take a lot of support up to Aberdeen. Looked a great atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Liverpool have spent £176m so far and £411m since 2016 so they really have to win something this season. Klopp seems a great bloke and a very good character in the Prem but you can't help but feel he has to win something now. 

According to this site, http://www.transferleague.co.uk/liverpool/english-football-teams/liverpool-transfers , from when Klopp arrived to the end of last season their nett transfer spend was ~ £6.5 million so I don’t think they can be bashed that much....PSG spent more than Liverpools total spend this season on Neymar!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

11 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

According to this site, http://www.transferleague.co.uk/liverpool/english-football-teams/liverpool-transfers , from when Klopp arrived to the end of last season their nett transfer spend was ~ £6.5 million so I don’t think they can be bashed that much....PSG spent more than Liverpools total spend this season on Neymar!

They have certainly received some very generous fees though - £142m for Coutinho, £27m for Benteke, £35m for Sterling and £15m on Jordan Ibe for instance.  Just shows how crazy the economy is but Klopp has to prove he's spent wisely.

The Karius transfer was the most intriguing one though - his fee was an initial £4.7m but he cost Liverpool about £130m in the Champions League Final😎

Looks like it’s finally happening....

Arsenal's majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, has made a £600m offer to buy the whole of the club in a deal that would value the Gunners at £1.8bn.

The American billionaire owns 67% of Arsenal through his company KSE, which says Alisher Usmanov has agreed to sell his 30% stake in the club.

A KSE statement says taking the club private will help to further Arsenal's "strategy and ambitions". 

The buy-out announcement was made to the London Stock exchange on Tuesday.

The statement added: "KSE's ambitions for the club are to see it competing consistently to win the Premier League and the Champions League, as well as the major trophies in the women's senior game and at youth level.

"Under KSE's stewardship since 2011 the club has invested in major transfers, player contracts, analytics, senior non-playing football management employees, building the club's global brand and fan-base, and the stadium, training facilities and club offices.

"KSE expects the club to build on those investments and to continue to invest in London Colney and Hale End to ensure the club stays at the cutting edge of sporting high performance through player preparation, training, conditioning and youth development."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45094538

Meanwhile, in the home of footballs pantomime villain......

Newcastle United players are refusing to co-operate with the media in a dispute with the club over bonuses.

Players did not make themselves available to rights holders on Monday for 'walk-up shots' which are used by TV companies when showing starting line-ups before matches.

And the Magpies squad refused to carry out post-match interviews after two recent pre-season friendly defeats.

Newcastle start their Premier League campaign at home to Spurs on Saturday.

Players declined to speak after last Saturday's 1-0 home loss to FC Augsburg and the 4-0 hammering at Braga on Wednesday.

It is understood they have failed to reach agreement with club owner Mike Ashley over performance-related bonuses

After the Braga defeat, Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez said the club's fans "need to be concerned".

"Things are not going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection of that on the pitch," he said.

Players have indicated the dispute is with the club and is "nothing personal" towards the media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45091145

5 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Looks like it’s finally happening....

Arsenal's majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, has made a £600m offer to buy the whole of the club in a deal that would value the Gunners at £1.8bn.

The American billionaire owns 67% of Arsenal through his company KSE, which says Alisher Usmanov has agreed to sell his 30% stake in the club.

A KSE statement says taking the club private will help to further Arsenal's "strategy and ambitions". 

The buy-out announcement was made to the London Stock exchange on Tuesday.

The statement added: "KSE's ambitions for the club are to see it competing consistently to win the Premier League and the Champions League, as well as the major trophies in the women's senior game and at youth level.

"Under KSE's stewardship since 2011 the club has invested in major transfers, player contracts, analytics, senior non-playing football management employees, building the club's global brand and fan-base, and the stadium, training facilities and club offices.

"KSE expects the club to build on those investments and to continue to invest in London Colney and Hale End to ensure the club stays at the cutting edge of sporting high performance through player preparation, training, conditioning and youth development."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45094538

"Blah blah blah... We’ll turn into the next city/chelsea. We’ll spend heavily on the next big stars and now have fuck all to show for it cause buying big stars wont get you fuck all if you can’t make them play together. It’s gonna be amazing. #MakeArsenalGreatAgain"

Can’t see it playing out well. I’d rather want Stan gone...

Interesting start to the season. Of the top 6 clubs, only Arsenal lost. Their next game is against Cheatski, so the Arse have a tough start for their new regime.

While the mighty Spurs were too good for Newcastle (a team about to implode) I don’t see a good season for us. There’s still the possibility that PSG will come in and try to snap up Eriksen, and if I were him, I’d bite their hand off. We haven’t strengthened the areas we need to improve and the treatment of Toby shows all the other players exactly how much they are really regarded by ENIC PLC.

I seriously doubt Poch will stay on for another season, seeing how poorly he has been supported by the club. A shame, as with him, we’re a team I enjoy watching.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1st leg Dynamo Minsk 4-0 Zenit St Petersburg

2nd leg Zenit St Petersberg 8-1 Dynamo Minsk 

The insane thing is that the game went into extra time at 4-4 on aggregate with the home team down to 10 men! Five goals in extra time (4-1) minus a man to win 8-5 on aggregate after being 4-0 down in the first leg is pure insane.

Match report https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45216364