Rocket Launcher (4.82%), Sword (4.43%) vs Shotgun (1.47%), Fusion Rifle (1.11%), Sniper (0.4%) - data shows that even though shotguns or fusion rifles may have more potential for kills, the ex-Heavy Weapons still dominate the Power slot, as expected

The3rdWalker

Data from here, November 28. The top 5 weapons on power slot are: 2 rocket launchers and 3 swords.

As slayerage releases his new video, we can clearly see that the distinction between special and heavy weapons is still here - "hidden" in the data from the weapons. While weapons previously categorized as Heavy dominate, the ex-Special weapons struggle, even if they're in a good spot balance-wise (Shotguns and Fusion Rifles).

We're left with a feeling that we get more ammo for rockets than before, but less for snipers, for example.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/11/2017 at 10:03 AM, MrBiron said:

Why the hell would anybody use a sniper or shotgun over a rocket launcher or something like the Merciless? Adding shotguns and snipers to heavy weapons was a stupid decision.

I don't change much from Sins and Merciless. However, there are PvP and PvE situations where the Hawthorne Shotgun is great to use and i've seen the exotic Tractor Cannon be used amazingly well in PvP.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I don't change much from Sins and Merciless. However, there are PvP and PvE situations where the Hawthorne Shotgun is great to use and i've seen the exotic Tractor Cannon be used amazingly well in PvP.

You are right about PvP. I've used a shotgun quite a lot. But in PvE snipers and shotguns are useless compared to other heavy weapons.

fart.gif

You are right about PvP. I've used a shotgun quite a lot. But in PvE snipers and shotguns are useless compared to other heavy weapons.

Don't get me wrong, there doesn't feel like much choice and I'm pretty sure most casuals just get one heavy and stick with it. The core and hardcore players will at least switch out their weapons a little more depending on situations.

You need to have reasons to go to snipers or shotguns. More situations like the abyss in crota where a shotgun mixed with the lightning AR exotic (the name escapes me) would wreck the horde of thralls and knights up close.

Yep there isn't, I agree. Looking back at D1 I still didn't play many different Launchers, Shotguns, etc and there still wasn't many scenarios that needed anything outside of Jellyhorn.

Still a few more than D2 though and I hope that changes.