Black Friday 2017

J4MES OX4D

I worked 5 years at a Sports Authority when I was younger. The deals are rarely worth it- in their case they produce a crappy product at a low price to let you think you're saving money. When I got out of retail I said I'd never go Black Friday shopping in hopes it goes away and gives those employees some relaxation for once. Oh, but now stores are open on Thanksgiving... 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I got a few items.

South Park $32
AC: Origins $32
-$10 certificate I had laying around.

Reclining chair. I was in the market for them for a while. Got the one I was looking at, for cheaper.

Also got a Keurig for cheap.

All worked out for me. Bought all items from my phone while I was sick with laryngitis. :)

Via the FG App

Black Friday in the UK is crap. At least the US get ridiculously good deals.

Didn't see anything that was really worth the money here. Not massive game deals apart from GT Sport was £22.49 at the time.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 12/2/2017 at 11:25 AM, tronic44 said:

There's never anything, the mega cheap items are normally made by companies I've never heard of. People scrambling for a £200 tv made by a company okishvision :lol:

(Stupid) people don't seem to realise that most of the supermarket Black Friday TV's have been created for the purpose of that event. They end up spending a couple hundred on a big but absolutely shit 30hz TV and the retailers and manufacturers still walk away with a huge margin. Retailers obtain development plans for low production cost TV's and approach fringe manufactuers to produce them months beforehand. They build a set that costs about £30, ships them to the shops landed at £80 and the shop then sells them at a 250% profit whilst the customer thinks they are getting a steal paying £200 for a 42 inch TV made by a company called Defuct or something:lol: If they actually spent fifty quid more they could probably get a decent 32 made by a real company like Samsung. 

It's also good way for retailers to shift shit and still make a decent return. Most of the deals are just an illusion anyway and retailers usually bump up the price a month before so they can give items more attractive 'discounts' when actually the item has been cheaper plenty of times before. People just don't do their homework and deserve to get burned.