Help Needed Please - FG Champions

You guys have been awesome over the past 3 months and have helped me out a treat which is very much appreciated. At the same time though I know most helpers have just stepped at that time and I have put an amount of hours in I can't sustain on a daily basis.

The right thing to do is to share out the things we do. This is the first step to that. When I asked@Mikepjbell what things could we do, he said what about having Champions for each game or section? I've thought about it, and I think we should try it. If it doesn't work, we can change the idea.

My view is anyone that can and wants to do the following should shout up to me:

- An advocate for FG on a specific game

- Become a moderator for that specific game /section

- Support the game by sharing new info and continually finding new topics to post

- Keep spam away from the game section

- Add input into future areas into FG

- Help spread the word of FG in that game community

If you think we need to make changes to the above, shout up. If you fancy being one, say it here.

Cheers and much love FG, Lee

I'm in.  Put me down for Destiny 2.  LOL JK.

First thing, I'm going to keep an eye on Whatsapp.  I said the other day, if people bring gaming news there first and don't post, they will be ejected from the chat.  Anything that diverts traffic from the website should be discouraged.  That said, bringing a link to the forum or saying you've posted is ok for whatsapp. Also calling Adam is encouraged.

I could do Fortnite as that appears to be popular, but maybe @Amnotright would be better for that *nudge nudge*

I'll happily to general clean ups and moderation until a can find a game I like................ in 2117.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

18 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

First thing, I'm going to keep an eye on Whatsapp.  I said the other day, if people bring gaming news there first and don't post, they will be ejected from the chat.  Anything that diverts traffic from the website should be discouraged.  That said, bringing a link to the forum or saying you've posted is ok for whatsapp. Also calling Adam is encouraged.

I could do Fortnite as that appears to be popular, but maybe @Amnotright would be better for that *nudge nudge*

I'll happily to general clean ups and moderation until a can find a game I like................ in 2117.

What are we calling Adam then? I have a few ideas, mostly with a lego theme:D

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

22 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

You have dropped me right it there but yeah pit me down for that the game is awesome and I enjoy keeping up to date with it 

Thanks for all the replies so far. Will need to work out how it works for games not featured but keep the replies coming as I appreciate it.

What i should make clear is we do need people also for the current featured games. It doesn't mean you have to post new info all the time as anyone can, but take the instance of Destiny today, Xur is here so that would be a good post to add to the existing thread.

Rainbow 6 Siege, Destiny 2 PC. (However I am a site moderator, but still.)

I don't think it would be good to be platform specific.

Like if I wanted to do Smite. I don't play it on PC, but PC always gets their updates first. I'd just post the PC update and when it's being applied to consoles.

It would be the same for Destiny. Updates will ultimately have the same info. Perhaps at different times... But it would be weird posting a copy and paste of the same thread in the Destiny forum for specific platforms.

Additionally, it could look like a division in our group to someone who is new. Which isn't the case at all. I read your Destiny posts whether you play PC or not because it's the same game. Same with R6. [emoji16]

Via the FG App

I don't think it would be good to be platform specific.

Like if I wanted to do Smite. I don't play it on PC, but PC always gets their updates first. I'd just post the PC update and when it's being applied to consoles.

It would be the same for Destiny. Updates will ultimately have the same info. Perhaps at different times... But it would be weird posting a copy and paste of the same thread in the Destiny forum for specific platforms.

Additionally, it could look like a division in our group to someone who is new. Which isn't the case at all. I read your Destiny posts whether you play PC or not because it's the same game. Same with R6. [emoji16]

Via the FG App

I need to get back to this thread.

Agreed Sam. I think when people raise their hand for a space then I'd hope they'd share both formats info. I always do if I can find it, especially with Destiny.

Are you saying you'd like to do Smite? [emoji4]

I need to think of a structure that we can have these games in on the forum. My issue I/we need to find a way to show them all and be easily accessible without it getting lost. We also need to set a date whereby if we aren't getting much traffic we'll need to collapse them back into a Genre forum.

Thoughts everyone? I know some above are keen on doing what they can to support FG and I want you to feel you are doing just that.

I need to get back to this thread.

Agreed Sam. I think when people raise their hand for a space then I'd hope they'd share both formats info. I always do if I can find it, especially with Destiny.

Are you saying you'd like to do Smite? [emoji4]

I need to think of a structure that we can have these games in on the forum. My issue I/we need to find a way to show them all and be easily accessible without it getting lost. We also need to set a date whereby if we aren't getting much traffic we'll need to collapse them back into a Genre forum.

Thoughts everyone? I know some above are keen on doing what they can to support FG and I want you to feel you are doing just that.
I'm going to create new threads for the following games and use them as info and update threads for each game:

Arma 3
DayZ
Escape From Tarkov
Star Citizen

I may add more but I'll be focusing on the who eco begin with. Will make a start later[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 12/7/2017 at 7:48 AM, phil bottle said:

I'm going to create new threads for the following games and use them as info and update threads for each game:

Arma 3
DayZ
Escape From Tarkov
Star Citizen

I may add more but I'll be focusing on the who eco begin with. Will make a start lateremoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Trying to sort genre's here

Shooter

Shooter

Shooter

RPG?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

In the interests of making myself a lot more active on the forum, I'll put myself forward for the Overwatch champion.

I'm conscious I haven't been as active as I would have liked, so this should kick my are into gear 😗

Also I am shuffling forums around some, creating some new ones for Diablo style games and Star Citizen games

For now they will both be under RPG, but I might move them elsewhere later.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

28 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Also I am shuffling forums around some, creating some new ones for Diablo style games and Star Citizen games

For now they will both be under RPG, but I might move them elsewhere later.

Awesome 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Okay. I've added a new group to trial this working and we'll see how the next few months go and report back.

With immediate effect the following people are FG Champions of the relevant sections:

Overwatch - @Stretch616

Minecraft - @Sennex

7 Days to Die - @tronic44

Arma 3 - @phil bottle
DayZ - @phil bottle
Escape From Tarkov - @phil bottle
Star Citizen - @phil bottle

Rocket League - @Mikepjbell

Fortnite - @Amnotright

Rainbow 6 - @The3rdWalker

Destiny 2 - @The3rdWalker

Now go forth and do what you can for FG! :D