Sign in to follow this  
Sennex

Political cartoons

Thoughts and prayers is the most annoying statement on the face of the earth.

Shitty shit happens, and people go on bookface to say "thoughts and prayers".  Why?  I don't understand it at all.  what's the fucking point?  What does this accomplish?  

2 minutes ago, McNasty said:

Shitty shit happens, and people go on bookface to say "thoughts and prayers".  Why?  I don't understand it at all.  what's the fucking point?  What does this accomplish?  

Exactly.

45 minutes ago, McNasty said:

Because some people do think about bad situations that happen and pray for the people involved - like when people in the FG community are having problems. Yeah, sometimes it’s used glibly but don’t tar us all with the same brush please

honestly, is it that difficult to believe?  dude looks like a fucking creep. 

more seriously, the implication here is that by "not buying it" you're entertaining the idea that the accusers have been bought/paid for by Democrats -- or something . . . whatever one's alternative explanation might be, just realize it essentially makes you a conspiracy theorist -- when we all know that's a play straight from the Right's playbook (see the recent attempt to "skewer" WaPo).

just saying, there's irony in someone writing this scandal off as simply "politically convenient" when the reality is, should one find oneself struggling to admit the case has merits, it might be because it's . . . wait for it . . . politically convenient for them. 

but then, hypocrisy has reached new heights with today's GOP.  i mean, with the tax bill they're not even hiding it anymore.  it's just like "fuck you, we do what we want and no one will stop us because this is a country of disengaged idiots."  at least the Dem's make an effort to pretend to care -- Republicans have no fucks left to give, it would seem.

1 hour ago, lepercolony said:

just saying, there's irony in someone writing this scandal off as simply "politically convenient" when the reality is, should one find oneself struggling to admit the case has merits, it might be because it's . . . wait for it . . . politically convenient for them. 

It's not a partisan issue for me at all.  At this point I dont care who wins any election.  the republicans have failed me for going on 10 years now.  This last 2 years have been a total disaster for the republican brand.  As you said, look at this tax reform bill.  Look at who our president is.  Look at their failures with healthcare.  Look at their inability to control spending.  The shit snowball is gaining speed and more shit keeps building up.  

If if you look at the allegations against all of the Hollywood people and politicians, it's a pretty clear case of right and wrong.  And it's almost all happened within the last 20 years.  

The Roy Moore allegations are weak.  If you wait 40 years, I'm sorry but you lost your chance to speak out.  It's she said vs he said, 40 fucking years ago.  If it was something serious like rape that may be a different story but all of these women are saying that he simply crossed the line when they were what, 16,17 years old?  This is fucking ALABAMA, and took place in the 70s.  The lines were hella blurred back then, especially in a redneck state like a Alabama.

Its just my opinion but unless the guy did something major 40 years ago, then sucks to be you if you want to complain now you blew your chance.  

My my issue is the timeline, and yeah the convenience too.  Guy sounds like he was a creep 40 years ago, but I'd also like to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume that as you get 40 years older you become a different person too.  Most of these politicians are creeps or crooks in one way or another.

Nobody else is getting blasted by the media for shit that supposedly happen in the 70s right?  It's all ridiculous to me