COD WW2 - First Impression

Stretch616

2 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Glad to hear your doing well man. Wish I could say the same for me, but that's not the case :P My little company is about to go under. But I'm not stressing too much about it tbh. It's been a long ass downwards spiral since the start and I'm kind of happy that it's gonna be over soon so I can move on to other projects.

Would really like to catch some games with you later on once you've had your fill of rocket league. Even if you've only been playing against bot you're bound to be better then 99% of the randoms I was matched up with yesterday.

Im sorry to hear that dude but glad you're looking forward to the future and the new projects. Any idea what you'll look into doing next?

I'll defo be on tonight, need some cod in me life. Hopefully we can get a decent party together!

Got a free copy and managed to sneak in a few games and I had more fun than I thought. I accidently keep pressing the jump key expecting to boost jump so I need to get that out of my system:lol: I played mostly KC on the maps that were in the beta but there were no issues. I also played on another map which was insanely long and open. Surprisingly good despite having all the ingredients that usually make maps crap. Can't remember the name. 

End of match stablility and loading needs some work it seems though but on the whole not bad. Just praying that Activision don't ruin it. Just gonna enjoy it as best I can while I can. 

17 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Got a free copy and managed to sneak in a few games and I had more fun than I thought. I accidently keep pressing the jump key expecting to boost jump so I need to get that out of my system:lol: I played mostly KC on the maps that were in the beta but there were no issues. I also played on another map which was insanely long and open. Surprisingly good despite having all the ingredients that usually make maps crap. Can't remember the name. 

End of match stablility and loading needs some work it seems though but on the whole not bad. Just praying that Activision don't ruin it. Just gonna enjoy it as best I can while I can. 

I think a lot of people are surprised that's it not a load of shite, me included. Boots on the ground is all we needed really, connection and everything like that is obviously needed. Good to hear you're enjoying it!

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

I think a lot of people are surprised that's it not a load of shite, me included. Boots on the ground is all we needed really, connection and everything like that is obviously needed. Good to hear you're enjoying it!

Cheers Rich! Boots on the ground really makes the world of difference. Also the maps are outstanding and the matches flow really well instead of the stupid futuristic ones with conventiantly placed walls and places to jump around and over. WW2's maps are definitely up there with the old COD games it seems and that's has surprised me. Sledgehammer have done a good job by the looks of things and I hope the state of the franchise and Activision hasn't put off more people coming back. Too early to say if the game is going to be the saviour but it's a wake up call that boots on the ground is where the franchise belongs. 

Only positive thing I have found so far it boots on the ground.

Xxelitequickzcoperxx is it catered for, ttk is always in my enemies favour, that cannon/train map is snipers galore and War is snipers heavon too.

Not played that much yet though, only lvl 8.

Hope it picks up with better weapons.

33 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Xxelitequickzcoperxx is it catered for, ttk is always in my enemies favour, that cannon/train map is snipers galore and War is snipers heavon too.

War is fantastic. My favorite game mode hands down. Snipers are a pain. Want to deal with thiem pop smoke at the objective and they can’t to shit. Give it some time

8 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

PPSH and Stg44 is the way to go :P I unlocked the PPSH pretty early and it's probably still the best gun I have atm at lvl 26 or w/e I hit last night.

17 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

This is another COD game where SMG's are dominant it seems plus users who have unlocked more weapon gear have a big advantage too. Going into a fast paced match with a barebone AR like the M1 Ariana Garand against Timmy twenty two hours a day Tryhard with his fully prestiged and kitted PPSH, STG44 or LGBT SMG and it's impossible.

I only started playing yesterday after the weekend and was at such a disadvantage right off the bat that I had no choice roll with the SMG just to compete to some standard. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

This is another COD game where SMG's are dominant it seems plus users who have unlocked more weapon gear have a big advantage too. Going into a fast paced match with a barebone AR like the M1 Ariana Garand against Timmy twenty two hours a day Tryhard with his fully prestiged and kitted PPSH, STG44 or LGBT SMG and it's impossible.

I only started playing yesterday after the weekend and was at such a disadvantage right off the bat that I had no choice roll with the SMG just to compete to some standard. 

Couldn' have put it better myself. Exactly how I feel. I also started playing yesterday.

PPSH? Grease Gun is where it's at.

Oh and have you tried the pump action shot gun with the incendiary shells? Loads of fun. The default shotgun class is great. Comes with the shovel too. Got a merciless last night using that class.

Maps are great. It took a while, but learning them makes the games better. I'm still in that progress but a majority of the maps I know where not to go and where to go. [emoji108]

Via the FG App

50 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Starting to hate this game already.

Wish I knew what was wrong as it seems the problem is on my end since no one else seem to have my kind of problems.

I really haven’t had much connection issues. Only a couple of time I felt like I was cheated. Other than that it’s my bad aim and slow reflex that got me killed. Damn I hate getting old 

4 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Starting to hate this game already.

Wish I knew what was wrong as it seems the problem is on my end since no one else seem to have my kind of problems.

Lag compensation is horrific in this game I think. If 11 users have a good connection but just one person has dial up or is on the other side of the world; it sinks the whole lobby. I actually miss the host advantage days as at least only one player had an advantage rather than 11 players playing at a disadvantage. Artificial lag comp is awful for Call of Duty and has been since its implementation. It is staggering that with P2P they just don't go back to host with the strongest connection plus the best matched players to fill the lobby. Lag comp + SBMM is just too much of an algorithmic strain on the matchmaking. 

The hit registry is very inconsistent too and even in the campaign it's all over the place. 

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

M1 Garand is shit tier. It has way too much recoil and if you are taking fire from an SMG or AR you will flinch so much you can't even aim at them.

41 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Lag compensation is horrific in this game I think. If 11 users have a good connection but just one person has dial up or is on the other side of the world; it sinks the whole lobby. I actually miss the host advantage days as at least only one player had an advantage rather than 11 players playing at a disadvantage. Artificial lag comp is awful for Call of Duty and has been since its implementation. It is staggering that with P2P they just don't go back to host with the strongest connection plus the best matched players to fill the lobby. Lag comp + SBMM is just too much of an algorithmic strain on the matchmaking. 

The hit registry is very inconsistent too and even in the campaign it's all over the place. 

As the game us so fast paced it is very noticable.

Well, I'm impressed so far even though I suck really bad. It's so fast paced that I feel I need to learn the maps first, as I'm getting hit from places I can't track back and find.

It's definitely a good buy, mainly because partying up last night was just what you wanted. @ChaosGladiator @crispymorgan and @TigerBurge came into the squad and we had some great War games. I'd liked that it was so objective based. Nice to grab a few games with @JBR-Kiwi too.

The HQ is a great to pass the time waiting for a game. I also like how the supply drops can be called in. 

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Here I thought HQ was a gamemode like older cod's, which I hated :lol:

Should have joined you then @GazzaGarratt but I was playing hardcore all evening.

I'll be on most of tonight and willing to party up in core to see if I enjoy it :)

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Well, I'm impressed so far even though I suck really bad. It's so fast paced that I feel I need to learn the maps first, as I'm getting hit from places I can't track back and find.

It's definitely a good buy, mainly because partying up last night was just what you wanted. @ChaosGladiator @crispymorgan and @TigerBurge came into the squad and we had some great War games. I'd liked that it was so objective based. Nice to grab a few games with @JBR-Kiwi too.

The HQ is a great to pass the time waiting for a game. I also like how the supply drops can be called in. 

You has the game?!?! :D That makes me happy.

Glad you're enjoying it, can't wait for private games to start.

So far I'm really enjoying it. The maps are fantastic, so much nicer than all that futuristic jumpy bollocks. The gun play is ace, War is fucking excellent. The hit detection and connection issues are textbook cod, nothing new there. The social space is shit, no point in it, get rid. For the first time in fuck knows how long it feels like the devs have done it out of love and not for shareholders. Let's see how long it takes for Activision to fuck it up though.

banlol.png

33 minutes ago, Diddums said:

So far I'm really enjoying it. The maps are fantastic, so much nicer than all that futuristic jumpy bollocks. The gun play is ace, War is fucking excellent. The hit detection and connection issues are textbook cod, nothing new there. The social space is shit, no point in it, get rid. For the first time in fuck knows how long it feels like the devs have done it out of love and not for shareholders. Let's see how long it takes for Activision to fuck it up though.

Socail space has two great things going for it, the 1v1 pit, which is great as long as Kiwi isn't playing. It also has scorestreak training, where you can have a go at those streaks you can never land. Don't ignore this Didds, means you can finally call in a UAV 😄