COD WW2 - First Impression

Stretch616

Just wanted to gauge the response to this game for those of us that have picked it up.

I've managed to have a couple of games so far and I'm actually pretty impressed. T2K seems a little bit reduced from the beta which helps.

Some of the maps are excellent and really lend to a chaotic central point, which really helps give every class a viable option.

Not experienced any severe lag and anything of that nature yet either. Lag is always going to be there in these games and I'm happy to accept that but the host choice seems much better as I've never been on anything less than a 3 bar so far.

Searching for a game has been a bit hit/miss so far and the end of game screens seem to have some loading issues. These seem more server related rather than being outright buggy

lastly, the lack of jet packs and wall running is Fucking amazing!! It really feels good to be back at the roots of the game in this setting.

It's not the best CoD by any stretch, but I would say it's the best CoD in a very long time. I can certainly see myself sinking a good few hours into this. It's be really cool if we could get some teaming going on this but I totally understand the general CoD reservation

1 hour ago, techno said:

Will read when I get home but one question probably best answered by @Baabcat is there enough content for challenge whores?

However did see this 

It has challenges like Blops three did. Plus daily and weekly contracts. 

So far I’m liking it. Yes it’s still CoD but you have those people that camp their asses off in any FPS game. In game connection has been pretty spot on so far. It’s finding a match and then after match like Stretch said I’m having issues. Tons of stuff to do. Plenty of challenges and contracts to keep you busy if you enjoy doing those. War is really fun. 

7 hours ago, techno said:

Will read when I get home but one question probably best answered by @Baabcat is there enough content for challenge whores?

There seems to be loads of challenges, prestiges to do , camos to earn, guns to prestige, divisions to prestige

There are some 'getting into games issues' at the moment, and servers have just gone done so hopefully some fixes being applied.

But the game is very promising, such as :

war  is great, like rush from battlefield but better

There's a 1v1 feature you can access with members of your party whilst waiting for a lobby to form , this is a genius move

I totally suck at the moment, but am loving it

7 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Cheers Stretch, from what I've seen of the new war mode, especially the Normandy landing one, it would be great for team play.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Normandy landing is amazing, was my first taste of the war mode, couldn't believe how good it was. 

This is the first Call of Duty that I haven't bought...ever! I may try and borrow it from someone for just the campaign but on principle I'm not giving Activision a penny.  I got bored of the recent games within weeks and once supply drops are in full flow, the games become horrible. Plus we now have Activisions' granted match-manipulating patent to worry about. Gone were the days you could just hop into a match based on the best possible connection and have fun without any other BS. Plus there's this https://kotaku.com/despite-controversy-counter-strike-gambling-guy-still-1820129168 which is why Activision can screw themselves. 

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I thought the war mode was good in the beta, just the maps needed fleshing out a bit. Are all the maps been improved?

I’ve played three or four maps so far in War. The one where you storm the beach is really fun and challenging. You need teamwork to get past the first stage. Oddly enough with ransoms not worrying about their K/Dyou actually get some that work together 

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

This is the first Call of Duty that I haven't bought...ever! I may try and borrow it from someone for just the campaign but on principle I'm not giving Activision a penny.  I got bored of the recent games within weeks and once supply drops are in full flow, the games become horrible. Plus we now have Activisions' granted match-manipulating patent to worry about. Gone were the days you could just hop into a match based on the best possible connection and have fun without any other BS. Plus there's this https://kotaku.com/despite-controversy-counter-strike-gambling-guy-still-1820129168 which is why Activision can screw themselves. 

Look at driftors viewpoint on the loot crate patent...people still believe these guys. 

Screenshot_20171105-141446_zps2nzzmqxp.p

There seems to be alot of server trouble with the game at the moment too if you read twitter

1 hour ago, techno said:

Look at driftors viewpoint on the loot crate patent...people still believe these guys. 

Screenshot_20171105-141446_zps2nzzmqxp.p

There seems to be alot of server trouble with the game at the moment too if you read twitter

Drif0r is the most gullible person I've seen on YouTube and will believe anything Sledgehammer or Activision say.  Shame as the videos he makes for his dying channel are laden with effort unlike most COD channels but he's desperately clinging onto anything he can with the series whilst trying to remain onside with the community as well. Even if he matchmaking rigging isn't in the game yet, it probably will be within weeks just like how Supply Drops wormed their way into MW:R. Activision filed that patent for a reason at a massive cost I would have thought no matter how they try and play it down as some sort of R&D experiment filed years which they somehow forgot about until it was granted. 

I saw this yesterday about the launch - seems all the fixes in the beta too weren;'t updated in the build which is farcial and it's funny how COD cocksuckers didn't have issues with the servers but paying customers did...

I saw this yesterday about the launch - seems all the fixes in the beta too weren;'t updated in the build which is farcial and it's funny how COD cocksuckers didn't have issues with the servers but paying customers did.

Birdman tweeted and made a video about how beta changes were not in the released game as well.

Driftor did say that 100% weapons will come to.supply drops

Via the FG App

19 minutes ago, techno said:

Birdman tweeted and made a video about how beta changes were not in the released game as well.

Driftor did say that 100% weapons will come to.supply drops

Via the FG App

I bloody love Birdman! 

Yeah I heard there were actually videos showing supply drop weapons from the usual YouTubers a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they aren't even hiding it anymore as people know what to expect the 5th game running. Pay2win weapons + Activision's patent = receipe for disaster incoming. I hear the campaign is back to its generic 5 hours with lots of scripted and on-rails events hijacking the actual gameplay. Infinite Warfare was a terrible game last year but the campaign was surprisingly good so if this one is worse,  it would be another reason not to bother. Zombies is supposed to be pretty decent though. 

I'm totally lost with the supply  drop hate at the moment. All the supply drops are just fluff, there's no anything game altering I them (yet!). I just can't get my head around with objections of it if it's purely cosmetic. If there are game altering possibilities due to the loot drops then that is different. Sounds a bit like people are sceptical based on previous history rather than the here and now.

To be honest, I'm an uber casual gamer on CoD now and I couldnt care less about having the "God gun". So long as there's cool bit of escapism for the time I'm playing it and I'm having fun then I don't see any harm in little Johnny spending £20 to get his bacon elite Camo 😂😂

15 minutes ago, Stretch616 said:

I'm totally lost with the supply  drop hate at the moment. All the supply drops are just fluff, there's no anything game altering I them (yet!). I just can't get my head around with objections of it if it's purely cosmetic. If there are game altering possibilities due to the loot drops then that is different. Sounds a bit like people are sceptical based on previous history rather than the here and now.

It's the same every year; start off with cosmetic stuff and once sales have peaked before and after lauch; then the pay2win weapons get injected into the game regular as clockwork.

Last year with MW:R they said that if supply drops were to be in the game then it would be cosmetic only. One month after release and after buttering people up with a free update;  pay to win weapons were released that were already found embedded in the game files in the encryped pre-load package. For the few that played IW; that had some outrageous OHK weapons. 

Give it a week or two and people will be running round the trenches with lime green and orange weapons with beefed attributes.

November 14th is the date that COD Points for cash get implemented and that's where Activi$ion will inject the P2W guns and the game goes to shit once again, same old story. If they incorporate their matchmaking manipulation supply drop engine; it could be worse than imaginable where even the most casual players get alienated. 

Screen-Shot-2017-11-03-at-11.26.56-AM-64

10 days this time - they couldn't even wait a month! 

Enjoying this so far. Campaign is great, really brings me back to the old CoD 1 and 2 games. At least that's the "vibe" I'm getting from it. Only annoyance so far is that enemy soldiers take a fuckton of bullets to kill... Again.

Angry Party Pooper zombies. Oh boy. The only word for it is "Chaotic". Figuring out where to go and what to do and where everything is has just become a clusterfuck. They've made it overcomplicated and confusing as hell.

Online play is pretty good too, So far I've only tried TDM, Dom and War. Only gotten the Ardenne forest (I think) map on War, depending on the defending team matches can be over within minutes or it can be a real nail biter. My one gripe with War is that I forsee a stacked party of 6 absolutely demolishing the opposition in this to the point where it just gets boring for everyone.

As for weaponry, single fire rifles (M1 Garand) are terrible. Too much recoil and if you are getting shot at there is no way in hell you are hitting your target.
"Go to" guns early on seem to be the PPSH, STG44 and the Carabine sniper rifle. Pretty much covers close quarters, medium and long range damn well. Carabine "sniper rifle" needs a nerf though. It's pretty much a lazer beam at all ranges, fired scoped or from the hip, and has rediculous fire rate. I've lost more close quarter fights against it then against shotguns.

After playing the beta, I almost cancelled my preorder. But said fuck it and got it anyways. And I'm happy I did. It is a lot better. Maybe connection wise... Maybe because the other maps are better then the beta ones. Idk. Feels better.

War is a lot of fun. Can't wait to see what kind of maps they make for it.

I'm happy there isn't any boost jumping and wall running for once.

The scorestreaks arent controlling the games. I like how simplistic some of them are (like a Molotov grenade).

The HQ is a nice addition to the game. It includes the firing range, R&R, 1v1 battles, and a place where you can get your orders (kinda like bounties). All of these are available while matchmaking. They also have score streak training and Zombies located there. Reminds me of the tower in Destiny.

Divisions really make you pick and choose the kind of player you want to be.. instead of the points system where you have everything you could need for just one class.

The servers and the grouping up has proven tough sometimes though. Hopefully, those things will improve.

Zombies was good. Only played it once. It seems like the zombies have to hit you more for you to go down. That's a plus for me since I die so much in that gamemode.

Haven't tried the campaign yet. But look forward to it.

Overall, I see myself putting a good bit of hours in this one.

Via the FG App

5 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Only played against bots so far but love the maps and the new game mode is well good. I'll write up a proper review once I've played online but right now I'm really liking this!

Am hoping to be on tonight!

Rich! How you been my man? I've missed our talks and also our "Pubstomping". If your gonna be on tonight shoot me a msg, I'm down for fucking up randos any day of the week ;)

2 hours ago, ChaosGladiator said:

Rich! How you been my man? I've missed our talks and also our "Pubstomping". If your gonna be on tonight shoot me a msg, I'm down for fucking up randos any day of the week ;)

Sebba! It has been ages dude! I'm well cheers, lifes treating me pretty well at the moment so no....or not many....complaints. How's you been dude?

I'm hoping to be on tonight, might have a play a quick game of rocket league but then want to get a few hours in :) 

37 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Sebba! It has been ages dude! I'm well cheers, lifes treating me pretty well at the moment so no....or not many....complaints. How's you been dude?

I'm hoping to be on tonight, might have a play a quick game of rocket league but then want to get a few hours in :) 

Glad to hear your doing well man. Wish I could say the same for me, but that's not the case :P My little company is about to go under. But I'm not stressing too much about it tbh. It's been a long ass downwards spiral since the start and I'm kind of happy that it's gonna be over soon so I can move on to other projects.

Would really like to catch some games with you later on once you've had your fill of rocket league. Even if you've only been playing against bot you're bound to be better then 99% of the randoms I was matched up with yesterday.