Curse of Osiris DLC

J4MES OX4D

Okay. I'm going to do my best to glaze over the 'raid content' comment and just say that the trailer is fucking fantastic.

Really hope the story lives up to the trailer as it definitely grabs you in.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Okay. I'm going to do my best to glaze over the 'raid content' comment and just say that the trailer is fucking fantastic.

Really hope the story lives up to the trailer as it definitely grabs you in.

There pretty good at making a trailer, but that's it, will I get it... Yup because we all know games no good after they bring down that paywall and I'll get money's worth out of it .

But just more old stuff rereleased no raid(  no surprise) and time travel to justify more reusable stuff. ;)

Yes, it is shitty how it feels like they carved up the game but we've got to start waking up to what age we live in now for games and 'content'.

Lore wise and if anyone cares about the story this is possibly one of the best updates we could have to a Destiny game. Osiris is the most notorious guardian and it shows him fighting with his well known fateful fireteam in the Vault of Glass. To see more of that already for me sounds exciting to see more of.

What I've read and seen so far is were getting some exotics back and more new guns and armour.

Graviton Forfeit - Hunter Helmet

Telesto

Jade Rabbit

No Time To Explain

More Trace Rifles like Coldheart

Raid content is an interesting one. Will it mean we get additional areas and bosses to fight on the Leviathan or will it mean we get to go back to Vault of Glass? Either one I'd be happy with.

We'll also get a level cap increase of some kind. Its floating around about lv25 but I expect possibly lv30 is what we'll get.

Problem I see is our expectations of what we expect in games and achievements. Stepping back from it all, if they make Master Rahool back to his shit RNG tricks again, I think we'd love it. We internally love the grind more than we know. When its too easy to obtain stuff, thats when you drop a game quickly.

We should wake up to the age we live in where we expect mediocre in the hopes to pay more for fixing really?

I'll admit they can't cater to everyone and they did a lot right towards the end of D1 but I feel this is a step back and im not alone if I didn't play this with others I'd be done I think like I dropped bf1. 

The lore ok for some but I care not one bit personally but ok. Could the lore hold back the possibility of adding more enemies?

But bringing back stuff and calling it new content it's like reskinned maps in cod dlc etc, fine but give it as extras.

I might sound overly critical but I want this game to succeed but I won't/can't get hyped yet would be happy to be proved wrong.

We should wake up to the age we live in where we expect mediocre in the hopes to pay more for fixing really?

I'll admit they can't cater to everyone and they did a lot right towards the end of D1 but I feel this is a step back and im not alone if I didn't play this with others I'd be done I think like I dropped bf1. 
The lore ok for some but I care not one bit personally but ok. Could the lore hold back the possibility of adding more enemies?
But bringing back stuff and calling it new content it's like reskinned maps in cod dlc etc, fine but give it as extras.
I might sound overly critical but I want this game to succeed but I won't/can't get hyped yet would be happy to be proved wrong.

I don't think you're being over critical as I get where you're coming from Gary.

I started a separate thread on why i think its broader about how games are made.

Take Overwatch, same enemies, same maps, 'new PvE' turns up...oh, hang on, its nearly exactly the same as last years. Thats worse than recycling a similar area and making a new mission imo.

They are trying to hit possibly the hardest sector of games. We all want that amazing single player mission style campaign but multiplayer. And then lots more of it after we've completed it.

I think this will be a good expansion for Destiny 2. In context to what we will get for our money. I'm with you, it does need more and we need to criticise it for its faults.

Maybe I'm being more direct in my opening response because I just see 1/2 games that have been made brilliantly and full of content. Most other games now follow a 'build base game' then 'add more content afterwards'.

Horizon Zero Dawn took 7+ years to make. People completed within a month and its done. (I appreciate xpac is coming but will be only and nothing else substantial added since live).

I know where your coming from, I watched a video by datto on the new content and he pretty much said at the end no criticism or hype from him as he can't win eitherway with the community, it's same in comments sections so for game developers it's going to be the same. I know we'd be critical if it would have been 2 similar to D1, we'd have called it a full price xpac anyway didn't want to turn this into another destiny post.

I remember in the past buying games that were done in hours never felt ripped off by those but feel I should get 1000's of hours out of modern ones bit unrealistic but on the flip side don't try selling me the same stuff over again..

Via the FG App

I want to see them be clearer on the content and ask them to be really clear when talk about the game. Most of the issue I'm starting to believe is more about how people at Bungie talked and continue to talk about the game.

Right now, it would be better to concise and clear about facts. Don't hide behind 'New Raid Content', just tell us what that means now.

More should do the adventures and focus on those as a objective. Many are really fun to do.

The DLC also includes the Infinite Forest. This always gets mentioned as 'procedurely generated' - keeps changing all the time. This could be a pretty decent space to keep coming back to, to find something brand new to try each visit.

No signs of Eris. I'm sad.

Via the FG App

I know.....but it's OSIRIS!

If there is a possibility of having his helmet so you can see your Guardians eyes, that would be an awesome update to gear.

I know.....but it's OSIRIS!

If there is a possibility of having his helmet so you can see your Guardians eyes, that would be an awesome update to gear.

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be unique because everyone would have it. I hate everyone looking the same [emoji23]

Via the FG App

New raid 'activity' is going to be on Mercury. So no update to Leviathan or a Vault of Glass revamp.

Excited to see what it is going to be, now that its on a new planet. Also, it looks like it will be a 6-man fireteam activity too which is great news as we need more for larger groups.

Also 3 nore live streams, as pronised from Bungie will happen before the xpac is out.

Curse of Osiris – Stream One – New Stories to Tell

959433234e2b1249b89d94f3a6afc06e.jpg

11AM Pacific, Wednesday, November 15

Learn about the places you’ll go, the characters you’ll meet, and the enemies you'll fight.

Curse of Osiris – Stream Two – New Ways to Play

883590745ae9a9a19173598023c8d660.jpg

11AM Pacific, Tuesday, November 21

Watch us preview some of the new activities that will challenge you and your Fireteam.

Curse of Osiris – Stream Three – New Gear to Earn

1c186caba03d5a18bd6ac265ff9a818a.jpg

11AM Pacific, Wednesday, November 29

Inspect the new inventories and see it all in action on a brand new Crucible map.

Many members of the Bungie development team will be in the hot seats to tell you all about what they’ve been working on. We hope you’ll join us to be a part of the moment and sound off in chat.

I think we're finally getting some accelerated content which is great to see as this will be on top of seasons, faction rally, iron banner, and other regular activities.

Just a mention to say the first stream for the DLC is tomorrow.

One of them will definitely be detailing the new activity but I believe that's next week.

I really do think this is a pivotal DLC amd monent for Bungie, just like The Taken King was in D1. Let's hope it perks up some interest in the game again.

I'll always be half-full for this game. I shouldn't be, but It has a chance. They mostly act on changes, just far too late. Games these days aren't getting a good rep and for once I wish that a game developer would act and respond accordingly.

I don't how I feel. I want to be positive but I am struggling. Don't get me wrong, I had the stream on in the background whilst doing stuff and was pretty positive with all the changes...until I heard the Raid Lair.

It is a logical change. Makes total sense and is the right thing to do. But maybe cos its not a full raid, and on the leviathan (not on mercury like they said it would be) just feels abit off.

There is a ton of content available though and the idea to go after some forged weapons (about 12) after the campaign seems like a good idea. Should be old weapons we can go back in time for.

Heroic Strikes are a good thing too. Just hope they can be rewarding in some way.

Stupid trend you can see happening with Bungie.

• The remove fan favorite features from the core game and then release them as new features. The Heroic Strike playlist should have been in Destiny 2 day one, don't bullshit us by adding it later as fresh content. 

Up-scaling the Leviathan Raid. Now I didn't see anything about this but is the new base line LL requirement 300? If you don't buy the expansions you now cannot even enjoy the base game raid. The Raid Lair system is just lazy.  The Vex are my absolute favorite and I was so pumped up to get another Vex raid themed around Osiris, so to see it be a slightly different Leviathan is just so shitty. The Raid is one of the easiest raids in all of Destiny. At a casual pace the max light level is hit in less than 40 hours, what kind of shit is that?

The live team really has their work cut out for them. Gothalion sums up my view for the next batch. "I will love the Raid Lair the first and second time I do it, but what's here to keep me and other Destiny players interested. Prestige mode had zero point, zero reward." This game has absolutely nothing to it, it's like a pie without the filling. 

Also did y'all catch that milestone for the Eververse? Yeah, micro-transaction milestone. Fuck that.

This game is an absolute gold mine, it has potential to be one of the greatest titles in a decade and they just fizzle month after month.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

So I've slept on it and I actually think its pretty decent for the price. The issue underlying every bit of content is the progression system. If they make the grind a little harder, people will naturally play for longer.

The variety in content available in this DLC, alongside The Dawning will mean we do have plenty to do.

Rob, just to point out we don't know yet what the new raid is yet so for all we know it could be Vex and I am thinking very much so it is because they have set up the lore so much so that any race can be in the Leviathan.

The idea of having a shorter 6 man activity makes sense too. We all don't have hours and hours to play. I get you now have a crack team that can beat it an hour. But we all have different skill levels and this will give us a greater chance to get more of our clan through the experience of raids. And right there is what its all about. The more stuff we have to play together, the greater we'll enjoy it.

I'm actually looking forward to trying out Strikes now as I've barely done any since launch.

And the Osiris circle of guns to get looks like a fantastic idea, really well made.

Here's hoping most of FG will give it the time to think about whether its decent or not.

Quick rundown:

* Public event is essentially a small raid encounter, opens different parts of the map that are otherwise inaccessible. Unknown whether Heroic rewards two chests or if the event in general rewards two chests. Public Event can be seen from The Lighthouse

* The Forge is an endgame activity. Has you complete various activities to get materials to craft one of 11 weapons with set perks.

* Infinite Forest features all races (described as AI disguised as other races for the purposes of running simulations).

* Destinations of the Infinite Forest are static but numerous, the Infinite Forest itself is randomized every time.

* Story Strikes will be single player up to 3 players. After completing the strikes, they will be added into rotation for the strike playlist with difficulty dialed up to account for the 3 player requirement.

* Vex jumping puzzles.

* The Vancinator (Brother Vance)

* Heroic Adventures will be harder versions of Adventures with modifiers attached to them. It's a good idea to have a fireteam but you can always try your hand solo.

Edit: The Lighthouse has a secret of some kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD