Assassin's Creed: Origins

J4MES OX4D

For me, an open world has to have a world where you're happy just wandering about doing nothing but still enjoying yourself.

Funnily enough, thats why i like Destiny.

I found out I'm getting this for Christmas so really excited to play it based on all your reviews.

I finished it last week. The ending made total sense and they couldnt have ended it any other way, but i was sad for it still.

Via the FG App

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

After high praise from @TigerBurge @Sennex And @jSyn66, I’ve been playing the hell out of this over the past 3 weeks.  This game is what the AC series needed.  I fell in love with the location, time period, characters, story and game play.   

I liked  that you didn’t have to constantly buy new armor too.   The upgrade system was really cool and hunting for materials was really fun.  Senu was also a nice addition to the gameplay.  Much better then the eagle vision from previous games.  

I completed the main quest and all other side missions but I took my time.  Again, loved the story and how it ties into the AC mythos.  FYI, this is an easy platinum trophy.  

I’ve also just finished “The Hidden Ones” DLC.   It adds roughly 6 main quest missions and around 6-7 side quests.  The new location is decent.  Not having any new tombs to explore was a let down.  

Im looking forward to the next DLC come March.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This is a really good write up Chad. Will definitely try and put some time aside for this now.

Via the FG App

No you won’t. Stop lying to yourself 

No you won’t. Stop lying to yourself 
I said I'd try. I bought because of what you said and sometimes we all get stuck on other games. Sometimes you need that reminder and nudge.

Via the FG App

On 2018-02-09 at 3:20 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I said I'd try. I bought because of what you said and sometimes we all get stuck on other games. Sometimes you need that reminder and nudge.

Via the FG App

Do.  Or do not.  There is no try.  

6 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Those goddamn war elephants.

Via the FG App

The encounter with the pair was fun.  😤

Wait until the end game. They are actually really easy to get, sit back with the a bow, aim for the knees, dodge when they ram, do the adrenaline attack and run under them to focus on the back knees. You can get insane crits on the back knees.

For me, the Phylakes  (sp) were harder than the elephants

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

14 hours ago, Sennex said:

Wait until the end game. They are actually really easy to get, sit back with the a bow, aim for the knees, dodge when they ram, do the adrenaline attack and run under them to focus on the back knees. You can get insane crits on the back knees.

For me, the Phylakes  (sp) were harder than the elephants

My first encounter with a phylakes in alexandria was probably the hardest for me.  I think i was only at level 14 at the time and he was 18.  After that, i tried to just stay on my horse and attack/retreat/repeat.  

First impressions of this is extremely good. The story seems a solid one to get into and the battle mechanics are very promising. As it's been said before; not like other Assassin's Creeds but enough elements in the game to still feel like part of the series.

Picked up Jason Schreier's Tweet:

Ubisoft CEO, when asked today if Assassin's Creed will again be annualized: "We are concentrating on the moment on AC: Origins, for which we are going to launch a few other DLCs. You will be amazed by what will come on ACO, so that's the only thing we can say now."

That's really good news to hear.

Via the FG App

The latest update just dropped yesterday for Origins and it’s introduced a Discovery Mode as well as New Game +.

the discovery mode removes all hostile npcs and takes you on virtual tours of ancient egypt.  You can also free roam around the map to take in sights for the hell of it using different characters from the game.  Sarah and I went through a few of these last night and it was really informative.  Pretty cool feature IMO.  

The new game + is pretty self explanatory.  It will bump up the difficulty one step, so if you’ve completed the game on normal, NG+ will be on hard etc.  Looking forward to running through this again.  👍

2 hours ago, SensaiNemesis said:

the discovery mode removes all hostile npcs and takes you on virtual tours of ancient egypt.  You can also free roam around the map to take in sights for the hell of it using different characters from the game.  Sarah and I went through a few of these last night and it was really informative.  Pretty cool feature IMO.  

I can't wait to jump back in for this part. This really needs to be a feature in all the new AC games. 

1 minute ago, Sennex said:

I can't wait to jump back in for this part. This really needs to be a feature in all the new AC games. 

Its really cool.  One of the tours Sarah and I did last night was on the different steps of mummification.  

On 21/02/2018 at 6:25 PM, SensaiNemesis said:

Its really cool.  One of the tours Sarah and I did last night was on the different steps of mummification.  

That's a fantastic addition. Is there narrative over wherever you're going? Ancient Egypt is such a good place to have a discovery mode on too, if you like that sort of thing.

8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's a fantastic addition. Is there narrative over wherever you're going? Ancient Egypt is such a good place to have a discovery mode on too, if you like that sort of thing.

There is narrative.  They give an explanation of whatever you’re looking at etc etc.  

On 2/23/2018 at 6:58 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

It doesn't work (at least not from what we've done) where you just wander around semi-aimlessly and it tells you what you're looking at. They're more like mini tours in specific locations. For example, you go to a temple of some sort (can't remember where specifically) where they prepare the dead for the afterlife. You go to the point to start the tour and a golden thread shows up on the ground. You follow the thread around and can see what's going there. There are specific areas that act as stations where you are told whats going on there while an npc does it thing or it gives a close up on the area. There's also the option to open a small menu which has a transcription of what the guide is saying and picture of the object in our world today.