Activision Sinks To Sick New Low

J4MES OX4D

RIP matchmaking

https://kotaku.com/activision-patents-matchmaking-that-encourages-players-1819630937

That's the final nail in the coffin to Call of Duty. Only a matter of time until it weeds its way into their other brands and then they can make money out of it by flogging the tech to other developers like EA. This could have a dreadful impact on mutliplayer gaming. 

“Microtransaction engine 128 may analyze various items used by marquee players and, if at least one of the items is currently being offered for sale (with or without a promotion), match the marquee player with another player (e.g., a junior player) that does not use or own the item. Similarly, microtransaction engine 128 may identify items offered for sale, identify marquee players that use or possess those items, and match the marquee players with other players who do not use or possess those items. In this manner, microtransaction engine 128 may leverage the matchmaking abilities described herein to influence purchase decisions for game-related purchases.”

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Capitalism at its finest once again. Teaching the kids the value of buying and selling useless shit. Revenue streams are king. Etc. Et fucking c.

[emoji28]

I did have COD on Amazon preorder but i cancelled it.

Slippery slope this kind of thing and will be an avalanche soon enough.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, techno said:

Funnily enough Micheal Condrey said he'd never heard about this so it's unlikely......what else would he say lol

Ah Michael Condrey; the man who once said Supply Drops would be cosmetic only in AW.....just one day before Activision released all the pay 2 win weapons Sledgehammer had been developing for months that were only available in paid Supply Drops!

Even if he was telling the truth, he cannot stop Activision implementing it around December time when everyone has bought the game that was going to do so and when supply drops are in full swing. 

1 hour ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

How should we set up our matchmaking? Skill based? Nah... Connection based? No... Microtransaction based? That's the way to go!

I hated SBMM but I'd happily take that sweaty shit over being branded a 'junior' because I'm not buying supply drops and then being placed into matches with users with P2W weapons in the hope that Activision think I'll then open my wallet after I got my arse kicked:lol:

Activision never cease to amaze me but this is the lowest of the low. The only thing that they could do now would be pay to play where you pay £10 every time you connect online to their servers or something! 

Thought I was the only one.

No way. I much prefer to read it than watch it. I’ve got a bad taste in my mouth from 80% of YouTubers. “Yo everybody it’s ya boy , finger bang that follow button” (talks for 8 minutes of an 11 minute video) then gets to the tiny bit of content I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Apparently Activi$ion have come out to confirm this model has never been used and it was a model concept created in 2015.

Destiny community bod, Deej, also quickly came out to say its never been a part of any Destiny game.

Problem is though, now we now they've created it, it cements the fact they are utter money grabbing bastards and loses any hope thinking Activi$ion will make a game without Microtransactions and putting themselves first.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Apparently Activi$ion have come out to confirm this model has never been used and it was a model concept created in 2015.

Typical PR.  I don't think the system has been fully implemented but I certainly believe it would have been tested to some extent. They only secured the patent the other day but have probably been developing the system it for many years especially if it was originally filed back in 2015 which means they must have had a foundation and concept strategy in place even long before that. 

If it wasn't for this exposure, I reckon it would have been 100% incorporated into WWII and could probably still be irrespective of what Sledgehammer say right now. Activision may be playing it off as some 'experiment' done by an outside team filed years ago but it's brutally clear that they wanted to include these systems into their games which operate in the most pinpoint detail. 

Pay2win and loot craftes is bad enough but this is essentially match-fixing/rigging which is only another level of corruption.