The Forever Gaming Xmas Giveaway 2017

Ello everybody!

I eluded to doing this in the September update and its something I came across that happened 4 years ago in fact. Dave did something great for this community and in the 3 ish years I've been here it's absolutely what we're all about.

Original links below.

I think it's the best thing we can do for each other on things we all love. I'm expecting to do this via a raffle system either similar to the previous way or if we can get something special on FG to show it all of then we'll try to do it that way but that's dependent on getting things installed and time.

Let's start seeing how many things we can get hold of to giveaway to each other. I'm initially going to source as much as I can find. I appreciate any donations on this one. It doesn't have to be cash, it can be the actual gift if you have something to offer. I want people to be a part of this just as much as I'm me.

I'm personally thinking of the following types of gifts:

PSN Vouchers

Xbox Live Vouchers

Steam Vouchers

Destiny 2 DLC

Overwatch Loot Boxes

Rocket League Loot Boxes

League of Legends Vouchers

GAMES!!

PC Keyboard

Anything else gaming related

So let me know what ideas you've got for gifts but also anything you can offer!

I really hope we can make this a great Christmas for us all this year and it can be a great thank you for everyone being an awesome family here.

This is for all FGers, old AND new. We're a family, remember that. So get involved!

Much love, Lee x

Love the idea!

Vouchers and the like would be a cool surprise come the holidays.

Is there anything anyone needs but hasn't been able to get themselves? (Like a new controller, mouse, headset, etc.) I wouldn't mind helping you out. [emoji106]

Via the FG App

Here's a thought...

Like the FG Family, my wife's family is rather large and, with mostly grown up children now, they operate a scheme called Secret Santa. 

One of the sisters does a secret draw and every member of the extended family is given the name of another family member. Then, each person buys a Christmas gift for the person they've been nominated for up to the value of £15. The only caveat is you can't be given a member of your immediate family (wife/husband/son/daughter/mother/father) to buy for

Last year I had my sister-in-law's husband to buy for...he loves the dundee cake I make, so I managed to make up a dundee cake kit on the budget including the baking tin, ingredients, mixing spoon, etc

We could try that here...say £15.00 maximum plus postage and keep the Stateside people away from the EU peeps to keep the carriage costs down

Any thoughts?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

4 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Here's a thought...

Like the FG Family, my wife's family is rather large and, with mostly grown up children now, they operate a scheme called Secret Santa. 

One of the sisters does a secret draw and every member of the extended family is given the name of another family member. Then, each person buys a Christmas gift for the person they've been nominated for up to the value of £15. The only caveat is you can't be given a member of your immediate family (wife/husband/son/daughter/mother/father) to buy for

Last year I had my sister-in-law's husband to buy for...he loves the dundee cake I make, so I managed to make up a dundee cake kit on the budget including the baking tin, ingredients, mixing spoon, etc

We could try that here...say £15.00 maximum plus postage and keep the Stateside people away from the EU peeps to keep the carriage costs down

Any thoughts?

Open it up to everyone's thoughts bud, good suggestion! My only concerns with it is if we don't get a massive uptake on it which then means it won't really be much of a secret if its 4 or 5. Its also a bit less stress to just donate a voucher or funds cos people may not know what to get each other. However, Im totally in if we get enough interest though!

If its the other way, I saved up a little money each so I have £100 I believe to get different vouchers and games.

Maybe we could do both? Honestly people, its down to all you guys and your thoughts. I like Sam's idea too of asking if people need anything specifically. May mean more to someone aswell.

39 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Hear what you say Lee....the only thing I forgot to mention is all presents are marked as “From Santa” the only person who knows identities is the organiser

Oh yeah, sorry Dave, I did see that so trying not to come over and sound the idea out! Absolutely up to what everyone wants to do. We could make a little poll - maybe that will gauge interest?

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Good idea but I believe you have to do it as the thread owner?

Done. You can't change a thread to a poll thread after its started unfortunately so it is set on its own.

On 13/10/2017 at 7:04 AM, Capn_Underpants said:

Is there anything anyone needs but hasn't been able to get themselves? (Like a new controller, mouse, headset, etc.) I wouldn't mind helping you out. emoji106.png

Just bumping this to see if anyone has thought about what Sam asked? I know it might be hard to say but honestly, its great if there was something for all of us to focus on that people needed.

I'm happy to get involved with this, not really bothered which way we do it. I've never been one for receiving gifts but always enjoy making others happy.

Via the FG App

We know all about the fact you're a giver and not a receiver. Well at least you don't walk funny[emoji5]

Yeah I'll pop a donation in later Lee, all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So the poll closed at the end of October and it means we'll try and do the raffle idea. (Dave, I don't think it ever stops us doing Secret Santa if people still wanted to be a part of that, they just need to shout up).

I want to start the interest on this again so when we are looking for nice things for everyone we're picking the right things out. If you still want to give a donation by a specific game/voucher/etc, that's always welcome or if you can't think of anything you can use the donate button and i'll be clear with everyone what has been raised to see what can be bought with it all.

I'll still hold to the £100 I had saved up across the year or this idea and put it towards stuff I mentioned in the initial post. I know I have a new unboxed keyboard that will be going into this so far and no doubt vouchers out of some/all of what I can give already.

I'd love this to be a good thing to happen this year. I know a lot of people have had and continue to have a difficult year, so it would be pretty awesome if people get behind this.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:57 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

So the poll closed at the end of October and it means we'll try and do the raffle idea. (Dave, I don't think it ever stops us doing Secret Santa if people still wanted to be a part of that, they just need to shout up).

I want to start the interest on this again so when we are looking for nice things for everyone we're picking the right things out. If you still want to give a donation by a specific game/voucher/etc, that's always welcome or if you can't think of anything you can use the donate button and i'll be clear with everyone what has been raised to see what can be bought with it all.

I'll still hold to the £100 I had saved up across the year or this idea and put it towards stuff I mentioned in the initial post. I know I have a new unboxed keyboard that will be going into this so far and no doubt vouchers out of some/all of what I can give already.

I'd love this to be a good thing to happen this year. I know a lot of people have had and continue to have a difficult year, so it would be pretty awesome if people get behind this.

Sweet, how do we make this work? 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Sweet, how do we make this work? 

I looked at how it was done 4 years ago and it seemed all okay to me.

Basically.

- Get stuff to giveaway
- In December, ask what everyone wants to put their name down on each item they'd like
- We choose a date to draw names to items (Could do Xmas day or just before so we can get items out for xmas)
- Winners enjoy the nice giveaways!

That sound like a plan?

If we could get enough together, we could buy a copy of each latest games we play and that way more can join the fun? All depends on funds but it would be awesome to do!

I'm crap a buying stuff but I'll deffo chip into a fund for this

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, top man. Maybe I should write out what we could aim to giveaway and then see what the gap is?

So here's the list I thought we could aim for. It's big but I think it's doable and would be amazing to give these things away to all of FG. If we don't make enough then we will shave off some prizes.

efbee5eca69158a6671ff6c173ac64e7.jpg

Here's the target we need. We're already at a start from what i have put in the pot. We also have the keyboard already. I'll see if I can get it on the Homepage.

f4e19a13678b8d18a9e79e97be62ab01.jpg

My view is that as long as you have made 10 valid posts here, you can put your name in for the prizes, when we know what we've managed to raise.

Let's see what we can raise by 1st December and take a view if we can get as many of these things as possible.

Put down here if you can donate anything or would prefer buying the item directly. Thanks FG.