What’s wrong with Destiny

TigerBurge

I’m going to start this off by saying I really do enjoy this game.  They have made several steps forward with if but I feel like the may have takes three steps back also. 

Strikes- why did they get rid of the strike system they had at the end of Destiny 1? The scoring system was fun,different and added a challenge to the strikes. 

No strike specific loot- again why in the hell did they get rid of strike specific loot. That was something great they added to give you a reason to run them over and over.  

Weapons- the lack of random perks on weapons has really shortened the life of this game for me. I loved the grind for the “perfect “ roll and a gun.  The weapon loot pool is way to small. 

Factions- removing the factions and bringing them back once a month,once again is shortening the life of the game for many.  Why remove the grind for items. 

Nightfalls- One of my favorite things from Destiny 1. Especially the first two years. Make them hard. I loved that. Don’t make them timed. This is a stupid ass addition that has made nightfall’s less enjoyable that a juggler/light switch Omnigul strike. 

Crucible- this I really have one complaint. Get rid of the fuckimg mosh pit. Let me select clash or control. Let me vote on the next game mode or map. 

Tokens- it’s not rewarding you enough for doing strikes or crucible. Takes was to long to get enough to level one of them up where I can get 30 planetary tokens in 20 minuets 

So what’s your thought or opinions?

33 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

As I didn't play D1 enough I can only comment on Crucible and Tokens.

I agree on the Tokens. 

About Crucible I will only say this: it sucks in general.

I enjoy the crucible but they made it to where if you’re not in a party you’re at a disadvantage. I enjoyed theD1 crucible more but the fours isn’t bad. They want to break into the competitive scene but I honestly don’t think it will ever happen.  Not to the scale they are hoping 

Contrary to what most people think about my views on Destiny, i'm quite unhappy and a few things as to why they couldn't have been there from Day 1. Yes, of course i'm still really enjoying the game, mainly because we have a large group of people we can hook up with and play different activities. I played with Pat the other night in the first time in a long time which was a nice catch up and a relaxing few games of Crucible.

However, whilst its relaxing, it clearly missing goals and objectives for you to aim for, chase for and be lucky with RNG. Like Chris said, a lot of the changes made from D1 to D2 are restricting play, but more interestingly consicously restricted.

I'm quite relaxed about it all though because I geniunely believe we will get many updates to what things we want to see back. Strike specific loot, more quests with progression loot available, a crucible playlist available, etc. For me, they have fundamentally had to follow what most games will go in the future - release a stripped back package, then incrementally release free updates and enhancements that extend the game, most of which many people here will say 'it's fantastic its there but why wasn't it available in the base game'. Sounds a familiar view from D1?

Honestly, they will aim to have a game that is full with content like D1 is if you bought D1 brand new right now. It just takes time because of the way they are making games last these days. It won't move me away from Destiny as I have so much to do in terms of characters and exploring around each planet, however its helping me to learn not to grind it too hard so I get stale and get grumpy I have nothing to do.

The clan stuff is brilliant btw. We need to take more advantage of how we understand what people need what activities and work together to achieve this. It increases the goals pool for us all as their goals become ours.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, TigerBurge said:

I enjoy the crucible but they made it to where if you’re not in a party you’re at a disadvantage. I enjoyed theD1 crucible more but the fours isn’t bad. They want to break into the competitive scene but I honestly don’t think it will ever happen.  Not to the scale they are hoping 

I don't enjoy crucible because it's really hit and miss with the connection. Mostly miss. I feel it's worse than COD as I pretty much die from a couple bullets whereas I need half a clip or more. Very often I only do damage to their shields,  but maybe I use the wrong dmg type idk.

Don't mind the static weapon rolls much, but mostly agree with what's been said.

Bring back the Heroic strike Playlist and make it a viable loot choice. I keep expecting them to add an update that does this.

Minor complaint, but Wtf did they do to the vault system. It was damn near perfect at the end of D1.

They are using too many recycled weapon and armor skins imo as well. Hopefully that changes with updates and dlc. Example, they have this sweet new iron banner armor and recycle every gun model. Come on man.

I actually enjoy crucible alot this time.

All and all I'm enjoying myself, but I can see the hardcore players running out of shit to do.

Via the FG App

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Have to agree with what Chris said, I think they've done what they did to avoid it being classed as just a dlc but failed. 

Biggest failure for me is crucible, yes I did complain it was shot in d1 but that's what made it kind of enjoyable once you stopped being a sweat and treated it as such it was fun, I could spend hours grinding crucible bounties solo I when no one was on. That brings up the lack of bounties it makes no sense to me. 

6v6 crucible with no moshpit and if they think they can ever join esports have a ranked first mida sweats.

Oh and as of yet I see no point to power system.

I also heard raid weapons don't have perks to aid in the raid, that's if you actually get a weapon and not just tokens when doing the raid.

Raid why only allow 1 revive as well?

11 minutes ago, techno said:

Have to agree with what Chris said, I think they've done what they did to avoid it being classed as just a dlc but failed. 

Biggest failure for me is crucible, yes I did complain it was shot in d1 but that's what made it kind of enjoyable once you stopped being a sweat and treated it as such it was fun, I could spend hours grinding crucible bounties solo I when no one was on. That brings up the lack of bounties it makes no sense to me. 

6v6 crucible with no moshpit and if they think they can ever join esports have a ranked first mida sweats.

Oh and as of yet I see no point to power system.

I also heard raid weapons don't have perks to aid in the raid, that's if you actually get a weapon and not just tokens when doing the raid.

Raid why only allow 1 revive as well?

Personally I enjoy crucible and I don't get the bounties if i'm honest. I don't miss them as they were a serious PITA to go and get them from the Tower every fucking time I wanted to play. In the end I just blanked them. They only worked well in Iron Banner.

Raid perks on gear should be there but not raid specific perks. That's pointless imo and never understood it in D1. If I beat the raid with the stuff I have on, why the fuck would I want new gear that lets me beat it easier? Hard raid maybe? but the level cap goes up and we can beat it without that stuff. Give us unique perks like Exotics used to have. Nearly every exotic piece of gear has been dummed down apart from Orpheus Rigs for the Hunter. It's a little too 'same playing field' if you asked me to be uber critical.

Bounties gave you something to aim for, I can see your point in the vanguard ones but tbh we always go to tower / traveller but the crucible ones gave me a reason to play crucible and a reason to go play a different mode.
Specific perks were always a thing trials guns were good in PvP raid weapons helped with the raid and I believe that's why people wanted them, if they're same as all the rest why bother trying to "grind" for them after all that's what we're talking about lack of endgame content .

Crucible I guess is subjective @GazzaGarratt I hate search as a gamemode so in not going to like countdown ( I think it's called)

Via the FG App

1 hour ago, techno said:

Bounties gave you something to aim for, I can see your point in the vanguard ones but tbh we always go to tower / traveller but the crucible ones gave me a reason to play crucible and a reason to go play a different mode.
Specific perks were always a thing trials guns were good in PvP raid weapons helped with the raid and I believe that's why people wanted them, if they're same as all the rest why bother trying to "grind" for them after all that's what we're talking about lack of endgame content .

Crucible I guess is subjective @GazzaGarratt I hate search as a gamemode so in not going to like countdown ( I think it's called)

Via the FG App

I suppose with bounties I was too damn lazy and forget most of the time tobpick them up. Challenges help me personally but it would be nice to see a full view of them, like the old quest tab. I miss that shit tons.

Raid gear, I'm agreeing with you that it needs special perks. Just not raid specific perks. I want gear to be transferable to other activities. For example,a perk that helps you significantly reduce the damage when Momentum is activated in Nightfalls so it keeps you going to other activities. I never once cared for the raid gear perks in D1 as it was always about highest light got me through it and Discipline/Intellect cooldown.

Yep, crucible is subjective. Its why I've always loved it and adding one of my favourite game modes with SnD (Countdown) is just what I wanted.

Its PvE endgame content and lack of 6 player content that is my gripe.

• Not enough weapon options ( I don't care about fixed perks, I am fine with this system, except... see below)
  • Not enough Armor options
  • Not enough perk options on either armors or weapons
  • The Rally the Flag mechanic needs to change for Public events
  • No reason to run instances
  • The Light Level chase needs to be revamped. Either include mods in the calculation or dump them. The False +5 bonus we get that can't be swapped around is bullshit. At least give us 2 numbers, modded and unmodded to look at.
  • Kinetic Mods.... do they exist?
  • Shader chasing is dumb as fuck. 
  • Do I even need to talk about the Vault? I mean for fucks sake

Why the fuck did the shit we had at the end of D1 just end up missing in D2?

So many amazing QoL changes that are now gone. Once again it feels like release D1, where the game just had an empty feeling.

Not going to lie, I have started playing the Division again, and am waiting for Anthem to come out

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Bart hit the nail on the head. It was also mentioned in Unknown Players video today that it is a better base game than D1's base game. So that's why I'm feeling lost but not entirely down because we will get all that content imo.

The dealbreaker is how long we have to wait.

2 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'm not a big Eris fan but good point. Where the fuck is she?

Via the FG App

She’s going to be the new Oryx...

THE TAKEN QUEEN!!!!!!!!

😱

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I think she is hanging out on Mars with the Queens brother and the other Crows or whatever they were called.

Thats my prediction anyway. I have no idea what the first expansion will be, but I hope we end up resolving that one before Bungie forgets about it

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Destiny 2 needs:

- More raids - This is what I loved about World of Warcraft, which is that as you levelled up you entered in to larger and more complex raids. Destiny 2 has 1 raid, and I've experienced all of it now. I haven't completed it but the magic is pretty much gone with it now so it's just a chore.

- More character progression - My light levels are now slowing down tremendously and I'm pretty much there or there abouts in terms of what I can do with my character. I could go all sweaty try-hard and get the optimum level and weapons/armour, but there's no real reward for doing so. It has been wayyyyy too easy to level up and reach this point.

- More weapon customisation and armour customisation - self explanatory really...

- A battlegrounds style game mode would be fun - Yeah this is a bit 'out there' but maybe they could create a new raid instance with NPC's where it's every man for himself to the last standing, much like fortnight, but with Destiny 2 visuals, NPC's, weapon and engram drops, etc.

- Strikes - Almost a complete waste of time. The weekly nightfalls have been hit and miss, but the normal strikes are pretty much done within a couple of days and offer no reason to play them over and over.

The good news is.....in Bungies weekly update this week they have had referenced the complaints about the lack of end game and are working out what to do.

Overall the biggest gripes I have are:

token system / milestone system removed the excitement of drops. Iet me get my nightfall drop when the boss dies, not 5 minutes later at Zavala. 

Powerful engram system making evetyrhing that isn't a milestone seem pointless 

4v4, team killing has got old real quick

Lack of variability in armour, I used to love grinding for perfect gear ( tier 12 builds) , that side is really dumbed down

easier way of getting kinetic mods than just playing the gunsmith lottery, that sucks but seems to be bungies idea of end game content

raid gear needs raid perks, I know Lee doesnt like this but it allows people to progress through the raid better, and sets you up for hard mode. Running normal a good few times to get raid gear to prepare for hard should be a prerequisite, not least because knowing the encounters in hard is so important. VoG oracle disrupters is the perfect example of raid gear done well , weapons still great outside the Raid but essential for doing the raid well

Im less bothered by fixed weapon rolls but do think the mod system  needs expanding so you can change the burn  but also add a new mod. Weapon mods are so lacking. 

Im also less bothered by the mosh pit but really think Destiny needs to get on the overwatch/R6 style 'ranked seasons', just to give the crucible a point. Trials should defiantly have ranked player pools,  make it accessible and fun to all

Chris you hit the nail on the head. I went back and played Destiny 1 and Im having a lot of fun running heroics. Solar burn and the points system makes it so much fun. 

Destiny 2 took all the grind out. There's no armor or weapon worth the persuing. I log on Tuesday and knock off 3 milestones on 3 characters and find myself bored. 

I get duplicates and they are automatically sharded. I don't compare stats because they are the same. 

I don't know about you but my guardian feels like an out of shape washed up athlete. It's like after Destiny 1, my guardian just sat on the couch watching tv. 

Destiny 2?  More like Destiny who?

collegetg10.gif

A bigger change was needed I feel.  They took away the things that worked well, and kept the things that didn't. They made everything bigger.  Except they forgot the content.  As a result the maps are ocean wide and puddle deep.  Why the fuck do I have to run around the tower for an eternity collecting ALL THE THINGS.  We clearly have teleportation capabilities, but when it comes to picking up weapons?  No, fucking walk.  The enemies are still the same except rolled in glitter.  The Audio is where the biggest gains have been made.  I feel like if they made the same advancements on the gameplay as with the audio it would be a much better game.

The raid was perhaps the biggest let down of all.  I'll never forget my first vault of glass.  It was so daunting, and I loved it.  This raid feels a bit silly.  Royal baths and dogs in a garden.  Maybe it's just me, but I'm not too fussed about completing it.

Anyone for Fortnite?

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Here are a few thoughts:

I haven't done a single flashpoint since the game came out. 

The nightfalls feel more like a chore than anything and I have no intention of torturing myself over and over to beat that stupid timer, which in all honesty is the dumbest move in gaming since quicktime events. 

The raid is meh, I'll do it if I'm on and there's a spot but it's not amagahd I must do it.

The light system is fucking stupid. There are like 5 ways to raise your light level and most of them are a once a week gig so if you're not lucky, FUCK YOU LOL. 

The banner is fantastic and it'll keep me coming back but the PvE element of this game is just boring, old, tired and not innovative enough for me to continue. 

banlol.png

5 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Destiny 2?  More like Destiny who?

collegetg10.gif

A bigger change was needed I feel.  They took away the things that worked well, and kept the things that didn't. They made everything bigger.  Except they forgot the content.  As a result the maps are ocean wide and puddle deep.  Why the fuck do I have to run around the tower for an eternity collecting ALL THE THINGS.  We clearly have teleportation capabilities, but when it comes to picking up weapons?  No, fucking walk.  The enemies are still the same except rolled in glitter.  The Audio is where the biggest gains have been made.  I feel like if they made the same advancements on the gameplay as with the audio it would be a much better game.

The raid was perhaps the biggest let down of all.  I'll never forget my first vault of glass.  It was so daunting, and I loved it.  This raid feels a bit silly.  Royal baths and dogs in a garden.  Maybe it's just me, but I'm not too fussed about completing it.

Anyone for Fortnite?

Bigger change and taken away content I couldn't agree more. The more I play it, the more I feel they really can't bullshit us or hide behind the wall when we say that they've purposely removed content. It's the most randomest decision i've ever seen, however maybe this is just how all games are going and its a sign of the times. I dunno.

I disagree with the Tower space (you're just a lazy fuck :D) and the enemies. I think they're okay. Not great, but still good. You also need to give the raid a go a bit more. Its a good raid, not better than VoG but its up there.

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

Here are a few thoughts:

I haven't done a single flashpoint since the game came out. 

The nightfalls feel more like a chore than anything and I have no intention of torturing myself over and over to beat that stupid timer, which in all honesty is the dumbest move in gaming since quicktime events. 

The raid is meh, I'll do it if I'm on and there's a spot but it's not amagahd I must do it.

The light system is fucking stupid. There are like 5 ways to raise your light level and most of them are a once a week gig so if you're not lucky, FUCK YOU LOL. 

The banner is fantastic and it'll keep me coming back but the PvE element of this game is just boring, old, tired and not innovative enough for me to continue. 

Its just feels more of a relaxing game so i'm with you. Just like crispy though, you need to give the raid a chance, its pretty decent, its just we're all not used to the entire 6 man fireteam needing to do something, at least one or two on most previous raids we could say 'you go just sit at the back whilst we sort this shit out'. Everyone has a role this time so we just need practice and time (A-team ;))

Banner is great. I still hold though, more of us would be up for playing a load more PvP if it was 6v6. I feel so frustrated with Bungie right now cos this game is screaming out to be brilliant and it can't find the map to know where 'brilliant' or even 'damn good' are.