iPhone App?

Ok so I have heard everyone talking about this FG app. @Capn_Underpants thanks to capn for clearing up it’s only for the snobby android users. Jk I’m an old man stuck in my ways and can’t be asked to change platforms.

Anyway my thought we’re to build an app for iPhone users. If no one else can spearhead this I’ll take it on being that I did have some history in programming and at the least a few friends I can pester. Please let me know your thoughts.

7 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

Ok so I have heard everyone talking about this FG app. @Capn_Underpants thanks to capn for clearing up it’s only for the snobby android users. Jk I’m an old man stuck in my ways and can’t be asked to change platforms.

Anyway my thought we’re to build an app for iPhone users. If no one else can spearhead this I’ll take it on being that I did have some history in programming and at the least a few friends I can pester. Please let me know your thoughts.

The app we have for the mighty android ;) is a pretty basic one but definitely does the job for the forum section and also gets you notifications directly to your phone. The app is ultimately ran by Tapatalk, which is another way to access FG for the forums. Apple rejected the app has they are quite stringent and Tapatalk have been told they will struggle to get their apps onto Apple. We could try but it would cost $99 per year to firstly own a developer account. I already pay $10 per month for the app for us all on android, which is currently worthwhile.

However, whilst we build incremental changes to here and eventually we naturally grow like we have done recently, I've always stated my number one goal is to create the entire site into an App. It is the way pretty much most people communicate through so absolutely want to do this but it could cost some serious money. That doesn't put me off but it would take time for me to save up for something like that.

If you can offer your skills up then that would be ace to talk more about it. Personally though I do have a vision how I see most of it, which allows people to access all sections via an app (Forums, Videos, Calendar becoming like a better LFG, etc) and the main thing it is for is the convenience of it alongside notifications to your phone, like an instant messenger.

And in relation to funds, I have put a considerable amount into this place, like others have. I won't rule out asking for Donations at all (I keep the button on the site) however, people have invested a lot, even before my time and this is our home and my hobby so i'm not into making people feel they have to give money to be here. If they do, then amazing, but one step at a time. What stuff can you do with apps then Matt?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@GazzaGarrattLee, I’m definitely not a programmer by trade but like you I tend to invest myself into things. I can help with funds where I can as well. What I wanted was the basic functionality you speak of, notifications pushed to my phone.  Obviously the end game would be developing it so that game times can be scheduled and then pushed to your calendar etc. I have a friend that is excellent with anything computers let me touch base with him. I’ll let you boys know.

6 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I remember when putting things on a calendar involved a pen....:(

I saw someone with a book the other day....what a crazy world we live in ;)

I'd love an apple app but don't want people to have to go to too much trouble for it all, especially if it adds an extra cost. If this is something that you'd like to do on the side, then i'll definitely chip in to help out, although that may be after i've moved house.

@Misneach_ and any other iPhone users, download Tapatalk. You can search and review Forever Gaming on there pretty easily. Its a basic app for us which is how I started to use FG 3/4 years ago.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb