Ready made or DIY?

GazzaGarratt

25 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

That question in the first comment to me could be a deal breaker........

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

The price of graphics cards has dropped to a decent level finally. This is probably the best month to start buying parts for your build👍

Should I start a WhatsApp group (Don't lynch me🤣) with the people on here who have knowledge of PC building? I can help, I'm sure diddums, rib, crispy and more will be happy to help out. We need to get this sorted innit 😊

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

The price of graphics cards has dropped to a decent level finally. This is probably the best month to start buying parts for your build👍

Should I start a WhatsApp group (Don't lynch me🤣) with the people on here who have knowledge of PC building? I can help, I'm sure diddums, rib, crispy and more will be happy to help out. We need to get this sorted innit 😊

Cheers mate. Appreciate the help.

All I need cos I'm abit overwhelmed by it all is a pc part picker list to buy the parts.

I won't lynch you :P but I'd rather not have a whatsapp. It's the lazy way out. Tbh, they've all posted in the thread so far so why they can't continue to post here?

I'll relook at Rob's PC list today earlier in the thread. Any changes to that would be helpful to know. I'm going to try and keep it close to £1000 now so I have enough to buy games over the next few months for it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The price of graphics cards has dropped to a decent level finally. This is probably the best month to start buying parts for your build[emoji106]

Should I start a WhatsApp group (Don't lynch me🤣) with the people on here who have knowledge of PC building? I can help, I'm sure diddums, rib, crispy and more will be happy to help out. We need to get this sorted innit [emoji4]

Discord you cunt, all the PC guys are there already and the app is loads better than WhatsApp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Discord OR Whatsapp would be the answer if I was going to sort in 20 minutes and needed instant and continuous feedback. I don't need that though.

Back on topic, I'm happy to shift a little based on it will be a while until I get a 144hz monitor as long as I can easily swap the parts.

The thing with Lee, is that he needs to have a mid size case and I don't think that's something he can be flexible on.

If you're thinking of your next build Crispy then you should know you can get a 1080 for an extra £20:)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

36 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

The thing with Lee, is that he needs to have a mid size case and I don't think that's something he can be flexible on.

If you're thinking of your next build Crispy then you should know you can get a 1080 for an extra £20:)

Phil is right, that I need a smaller sized case.

1080 Graphics card for £450.  seems like a solid buy.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/inno3d-twin-x2-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-44997-laptops-direct-2870578

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/inno3d-twin-x2-geforce-gtx-1080-8gb-44997-laptops-direct-2870578

I'd want a complete system for that money! 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Never heard of this German manufacturer, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Does it have it's own cooling? How does it perform compared to its peers? Can it be overclocked?
I checked out the mini 1080 suggested by Rib and was quite impressed. Good temperature/cooling solution for a little card.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 minute ago, crispymorgan said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/P9HcQV

Robs list with less RAM and no windows 10 license

Thanks Crispy, the compatibility check says:

The Noctua - NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the ASRock - X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard.

Do I need to get anything else for this? Or should I wait until the parts come?

Owners of Noctua CPU coolers* can obtain the NM-AM4 Mounting-Kit free of charge via this form. A proof of purchase (electronic version, photo or scan of the invoice) of both a Noctua CPU cooler and either a socket AM4 mainboard or socket AM4 CPU are required.

The NM-AM4 SecuFirm2™ Mounting-Kit is also available for purchase at some of our resellers. If you need the kit urgently, please consider ordering it via a local reseller.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

What the fuck are you gonna do with a Noctua cooler? You gonna overclock? If not, bin it and save the wedge. Intel's coolers are perfectly adequate for the job (never ever heard of a CPU overheating with a stock cooler). 

Edit: NOPE. Ignore the above, I bust saw you're going with a slimline case, in which case the Noctua will be valuable and they're one of the best.

Inno3d have been around forever, in fact I think my old 6600GT was from them, although I wouldn't be surprised if their history goes all the way back to the original Voodoo cards. Very well known in Holland. 

The only differences I'd make are nothing more than personal preference however I'd say swap the Barracuda from a WD Blue or Red or if you're really feeling flush, a WD Raptor (don't do this). 

Looks ace dude, lemme know when you've pulled the trigger 👍

banlol.png

My suggestion to Lee was just go for 8GB of RAM for the time being and maybe put the money saved towards am i7 7700K. At 4.2ghz it's going to stand the test of time better than the 3.6ghz the Ryzen is offering. But then I know fuck all about AMD architecture and I was hoping someone else might be able to comment on that?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

What the fuck are you gonna do with a Noctua cooler? You gonna overclock? If not, bin it and save the wedge. Intel's coolers are perfectly adequate for the job (never ever heard of a CPU overheating with a stock cooler). 

Edit: NOPE. Ignore the above, I bust saw you're going with a slimline case, in which case the Noctua will be valuable and they're one of the best.

Inno3d have been around forever, in fact I think my old 6600GT was from them, although I wouldn't be surprised if their history goes all the way back to the original Voodoo cards. Very well known in Holland. 

The only differences I'd make are nothing more than personal preference however I'd say swap the Barracuda from a WD Blue or Red or if you're really feeling flush, a WD Raptor (don't do this). 

Looks ace dude, lemme know when you've pulled the trigger 👍

Have you even turned your PC on in the past 4 years?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Ordered most parts today. The new memory chosen is out of stock so I can't get that one. If anyone can offer an alternative i'm happy to look at it. Obviously some parts will take some time to come anyway.

Ordered most parts today. The new memory chosen is out of stock so I can't get that one. If anyone can offer

Exit to UK version

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01DPSQOO4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515181570&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=crucial+ballistix+sport+8gb&dpPl=1&dpID=41dqpRoIRaL&ref=plSrch

jeffersonclasswar.jpg