Ready made or DIY?

GazzaGarratt

So I just look for frame rates then? It doesn't have to be a specific 'gaming' monitor? Wife is happy to look at silver or grey ones rather than white as it was looking bleak to get a reasonably priced one in the future.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

So I just look for frame rates then? It doesn't have to be a specific 'gaming' monitor? Wife is happy to look at silver or grey ones rather than white as it was looking bleak to get a reasonably priced one in the future.

Two things I would look for (other than minimum 1080p resolution of course)  are as follows:

Refresh rate.
You need to go for at least 60Hz here. Anything higher than that is a bonus. Think my BenQ is 144Hz off the top of my head.

Response time:

Anything less than 5ms is ideal. Some modern TVs have a gaming mode which helps this, though at the expense of the graphics.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've seen this one Samsung White TV

Looks only 81 Hz though. Can't seem to find a 32 inch that isn't grey, silver or white. Why do I have to have the most OCD pickiest god damn wife.

7 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

It’s a TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meets all the standards though. What do I get for getting a gaming monitor over a TV if the specs are the same?

Meets all the standards though. What do I get for getting a gaming monitor over a TV if the specs are the same?
I was a little lime Rib at first when I saw that, but if you're going for both worlds then I'm sure it'll do[emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

No I was asking because it's super aesthetically pleasing to me. I've never seen a TV with that type of base on it. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

3 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

No I was asking because it's super aesthetically pleasing to me. I've never seen a TV with that type of base on it. 

Do you think i'd be giving up a lot between 81hz and 144hz? If not, it may go onto the wishlist. Never had a curved TV before.

Do you think i'd be giving up a lot between 81hz and 144hz? If not, it may go onto the wishlist. Never had a curved TV before.

So if you only know 60hz gaming, from a console 81 to 144 means not a whole lot to you. 81 will be an upgrade, if you go from 144 to 60 hertz it’s going to give you a migraine.

So I’d say no, but 144hz should be a goal at some point. That TV will be fine.

Side not StreamLabs OBS bogged down Rainbow Six on me and I was getting 31 FPS. I couldn’t handle that anymore. It’s insane how your eyes get use to a higher frame rate.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

6 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

So if you only know 60hz gaming, from a console 81 to 144 means not a whole lot to you. 81 will be an upgrade, if you go from 144 to 60 hertz it’s going to give you a migraine.

So I’d say no, but 144hz should be a goal at some point. That TV will be fine.

Side not StreamLabs OBS bogged down Rainbow Six on me and I was getting 31 FPS. I couldn’t handle that anymore. It’s insane how your eyes get use to a higher frame rate.

Cool stuff, i'm going to be piss poor starting out with M&K so just didn't want anything else to be a massive hindrance.

4 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

I couldn't care less bud, you just need to get on and play. 

Oh it's ready. Just having to use a Lightning McQueen Mouse whilst laying on the floor...but it'll do for now! :D

You'll pick up m & kb like a duck to water. Seriously put me off playing FPS with controllers, particularly the shite Ps4 controller. Feel far more confident shooting via mouse.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg