Ready made or DIY?

GazzaGarratt

Yes please mate. Thanks!

Anything else I need? Diddums posted me some Thermal Paste already.

WhatsApp me your address

Via the FG App

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Build your PC in the kitchen and you won't need the band. However, it's about 5 bucks so there's no reason to not buy one. I didn't. Thermal paste will come with your CPU, you don't need to buy it. 

Cool stuff. Stretch may also have one down the road so he just told me on psn chat so may get his.

I just need to find a good few hours so I can concentrate and not be interrupted by the kids.

Build your PC in the kitchen and you won't need the band. However, it's about 5 bucks so there's no reason to not buy one. I didn't. Thermal paste will come with your CPU, you don't need to buy it. 

Cool stuff. Stretch may also have one down the road so he just told me on psn chat so may get his.

I just need to find a good few hours so I can concentrate and not be interrupted by the kids.

Started the build last night with @Diddums help.

Got a few things done like CPU and Power Suppy but need the adapter kit for the cooler as its an Intel cooler and I have AMD. Should come in the next few days.

So with the help of @Diddums@crispymorgan and @Mikepjbell a few nights ago, the PC is nearly there.

The PC booted up third time lucky after putting more power wires in and now just need to get a usb, then get OS up and running to finish the job off.

I'll have the USB by today so hopefully by the end of the weekend it'll be there.

Just excited to have it up and running tbh!

On 2/3/2018 at 10:35 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

So with the help of @Diddums@crispymorgan and @Mikepjbell a few nights ago, the PC is nearly there.

The PC booted up third time lucky after putting more power wires in and now just need to get a usb, then get OS up and running to finish the job off.

I'll have the USB by today so hopefully by the end of the weekend it'll be there.

Just excited to have it up and running tbh!

What's the latest Lee? Plus, we need photos;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What's the latest Lee? Plus, we need photos[emoji6]
965a73ace16b518d4b89ed39f3a4f3e3.jpg

It is really tight for the wires but its all together now. Got the usb yesterday so just waiting for Mike to help do the OS and then its ready to go.

My camera isn't focusing so when it sorts itself out I'll take another pic.

Via the FG App

Aaaaaaaand it's done! :D Thanks to @Mikepjbell for sorting my OS out tonight.

Only one bad thing which seems to be the Corsair M65 mouse isn't working. It recognises it for a split second and then forgets it. No lights on too :( will check again tomorrow but it may need to go back to Corsair at this rate (unless anyone else has any bright ideas?)

Aaaaaaaand it's done! [emoji3] Thanks to [mention=1514]Mikepjbell[/mention] for sorting my OS out tonight.

Only one bad thing which seems to be the Corsair M65 mouse isn't working. It recognises it for a split second and then forgets it. No lights on too [emoji20] will check again tomorrow but it may need to go back to Corsair at this rate (unless anyone else has any bright ideas?)

Nice one guys, really happy for you Lee.

Mouse-wise does it have any drivers that need updating? USB 2 or 3? Did you try a different port? Or a different mouse? Try the Razer one!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Nice one guys, really happy for you Lee.

Mouse-wise does it have any drivers that need updating? USB 2 or 3? Did you try a different port? Or a different mouse? Try the Razer one!

Tried it in all ports, I see the name pop up and go away in a split second. Added the driver too but no luck still. I hate having to package stuff like this and send off to get replaced. There's got to be a way of it being fixed and recognised surely?

Tried it in all ports, I see the name pop up and go away in a split second. Added the driver too but no luck still. I hate having to package stuff like this and send off to get replaced. There's got to be a way of it being fixed and recognised surely?
Try downloading the Corsair Utility Engine and updating the firmware there. There's different versions of the M65 and the app is the best way to avoid downloading one for a different version. There's a vengeance and new rgb version of the M65.

Failing that, it's a dud and needs replacing.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Once that's sorted, it's a good idea to download Nvidia's GeForce experience. If you like I'll happily talk you through how you can use it to optimise your games, record videos and broadcast streams [emoji4]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Try downloading the Corsair Utility Engine and updating the firmware there. There's different versions of the M65 and the app is the best way to avoid downloading one for a different version. There's a vengeance and new rgb version of the M65.

Failing that, it's a dud and needs replacing.

I believe I have as I double checked what I bought and downloaded. Frustrating as hell.
Once that's sorted, it's a good idea to download Nvidia's GeForce experience. If you like I'll happily talk you through how you can use it to optimise your games, record videos and broadcast streams [emoji4]

Will do and that would be ace, cheers mate.

Via the FG App

Yeah I've got to say it's incredibly unlikely for a mouse not to be plug n play these days so there's definitely something wrong with the mouse as the OS is a clean Windows 10 Pro image.

Do I need a Freesync or G-sync monitor?

You don’t need one really. AMD cards utilize Freesync while Nvidia cards utilize Gsync. It’s just a brand name for technology for LCD displays that support a dynamic refresh rate aimed at reducing screen tearing.

Ive never had screen tearing on my garbage HP monitor and to be fair don’t remember what my 144hz monitor is. I think Gsync because I have a 1080.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD