Ready made or DIY?

GazzaGarratt

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

@Diddums is going mental at you for showing me this.

All - I'm liking what Rob has shared so far as the value for money seems about right and the case is a good fit for where I need it to go. However, the more you tell me when i'm online playing, is that I need to get a monitor.

So, i'll make sure there's enough budget in this for a White 32" Gaming Monitor. If you can find a good priced one, let me know.

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

I'd suggest the RX480 because a big screen with G-sync will eat your budget.  Whereas a freesync AMD will be significantly cheaper.

He's using a TV not a monitor, and the 480 is pretty under powered. If he switched to a monitor setup he would already be replacing his GPU. The 1070 gives him more length for the money. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

18 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I need to find a damn 32" gaming monitor in White. I know its awkward but with the size of the case its probably the only catch.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADU265F0101&cm_re=32_inch_monitor-_-9SIADU265F0101-_-Product

41 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

@The3rdWalker I actually meant the 580.  My point is that at 1080, anything more powerful is a bit of a waste.

If he goes to a monitor at any point in time and goes into the 144hz realm he will need a new card. I mean we can do straight budget for his build if he just wants to save the money, but I didn't get that idea from him. 

I want something that is future proofed so it can work on a gaming monitor.

If I can get the monitor at the same time, bonus.

Oh Rob, that monitor is only available in the US unfortunately.

I have a free evening tonight as Mina is now working one evening a week in our local boozer.

My take on Lee's requirements are like Rib, with future proofing in mind. So nothing less than a 1070 GPU-wise and at least a CPU that's clockable to over 4ghz.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  (£189.54 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£77.89 @ Eclipse Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350M PRO-VDH Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£77.07 @ Box Limited) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£172.37 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£73.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£38.34 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Mini Video Card  (£429.96 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case  (£37.00 @ Ebuyer) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £1176.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-13 21:46 GMT+0000

This is a solid build that will run anything current at 60+ FPS and is well prepared for the future. 

30 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

@Lee...what did you do in the end?

Funny you should ask mate, I got my funds yesterday.

Sooooo........I need to make sure which part picker I'm using. I need to look at @crazyman case as Rob's looked the right size.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Funny you should ask mate, I got my funds yesterday.

Sooooo........I need to make sure which part picker I'm using. I need to look at [mention=1484]crazyman[/mention] case as Rob's looked the right size.
OK I better get on the case. Might actually be better if I phone you and ask you a couple of questions. Watch out on tour phone tomorrow you beautiful twat[emoji9]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What can we do to convince you to get a proper PC?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The builds already suggested are pretty decent and you won't go far wrong there. I differ when it comes to CPU and power supply, so I'll provide suggestions for those. Also RAM is coming down in price and I'll link to one about £50 cheaper than previously.

Power Supply: I suggest going for 750W. Some might say overkill but for a similar price it gives you options for extra storage and who knows, you may eventually go SLI....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/750w-G3-80-Modular-Gold/dp/B01M4NJSN5/?tag=logicaincre05-21

Great deal on RAM.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ballistix-Sport-16GB-PC4-19200-288-Pin/dp/B01DPSQPF2/?tag=logicaincre05-21

Just from experience on forums, Intel and Nvidia combination tend to see less issues, so based on that, this is a pretty decent deal. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-i7-7700K-QuadCore-Cache-Processor/dp/B01MXSI216/?tag=logicaincre05-21

As with all builds, you'll need to check that all parts are compatible. The CPU suggested above is compatible z170 and z270 motherboards only, for example.

How it all fits in the case, the air flow etc are all important too. 

Also, there are some price falls on some decent GPUs right now. For example this, due on 30 December, which is only about £70 more than a 1070

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GeForce-GTX-1080-Turbo-OC/dp/B01M315CJH/?tag=logicaincre05-21

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm going to be donating my PC to Alex next year and building a new one.  I enjoy hunting down bargains and building them more than anything else :D  I've got a crazy idea to water cool my next one, not so much because it needs it, but because its fucking cool.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

2 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I'm going to be donating my PC to Alex next year and building a new one.  I enjoy hunting down bargains and building them more than anything else :D  I've got a crazy idea to water cool my next one, not so much because it needs it, but because its fucking cool.

Funnily enough I have water cooled my PC. H80i. Few games take the GPU beyond 60 degrees. CPU rarely strays above 45. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 20/12/2017 at 1:13 AM, phil bottle said:

The builds already suggested are pretty decent and you won't go far wrong there. I differ when it comes to CPU and power supply, so I'll provide suggestions for those. Also RAM is coming down in price and I'll link to one about £50 cheaper than previously.

Power Supply: I suggest going for 750W. Some might say overkill but for a similar price it gives you options for extra storage and who knows, you may eventually go SLI....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/750w-G3-80-Modular-Gold/dp/B01M4NJSN5/?tag=logicaincre05-21

Great deal on RAM.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ballistix-Sport-16GB-PC4-19200-288-Pin/dp/B01DPSQPF2/?tag=logicaincre05-21

Just from experience on forums, Intel and Nvidia combination tend to see less issues, so based on that, this is a pretty decent deal. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-i7-7700K-QuadCore-Cache-Processor/dp/B01MXSI216/?tag=logicaincre05-21

As with all builds, you'll need to check that all parts are compatible. The CPU suggested above is compatible z170 and z270 motherboards only, for example.

How it all fits in the case, the air flow etc are all important too. 

Also, there are some price falls on some decent GPUs right now. For example this, due on 30 December, which is only about £70 more than a 1070

https://www.amazon.co.uk/GeForce-GTX-1080-Turbo-OC/dp/B01M315CJH/?tag=logicaincre05-21

Thanks for this mate. My worry is about you say on compatibility. The size of the tower is now important to me as it needs to fit my cabinet.

If using pc part picker is it all compatible and will fit the tower? Would be good just to order from a set list.

Thanks for this mate. My worry is about you say on compatibility. The size of the tower is now important to me as it needs to fit my cabinet.

If using pc part picker is it all compatible and will fit the tower? Would be good just to order from a set list.

Yeah man PC Part Picker has a check box for compatibility. Which is really helpful. Start off with the case and then go from there. I wouldn't buy all the parts from there though as they don't always have the cheapest prices. We'll have to set aside some time for a chat before you start as there's more to consider. E.g. different graphics cards have different ways of cooling, some push air flow inside the case while others push air out where the ports are. A smaller case will need thought around cooling and we might need to stick in a liquid CPU cooler...

But yeah let's have a chat, gets diddums on board too and anyone else who can chip in [emoji6]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......