Fortnite

Mikepjbell

I'm not sure if this should be a 'featured' game yet as such, and maybe t's early days yet but last night we @GazzaGarratt , @Amnotright and @Diddums had a go on Fortnight.

What a fucking game.

Fortnite_BR_Key-Art_w-Logo_ENG-1920x1080

I think if we could get some games going and make a decision on whether it'll be something to consider as a regular thing.

I'm acutely aware that we don't want to saturate the clan with games to play, but it might be worth a shot on this one.

Thoughts?

I enjoyed the few games I played.  Like PUBG though, There isn't a lot of time to practice the actual gun play.  I find I usually get killed pretty quick in a contact.  Would be nice to set up a lobby and practice with the guns etc..

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I wouldn't worry too much about too many games, the more the merrier I say.
I probably won't be playing a lot of Fortnite but if I'm in the mood and people are playing it's good to know I can jump in if I fancy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

What Phil said is right Mike, there's never enough games to play. We have a number of heavily played games here but what gets a primary slot is games that people want to talk about. Let's see how this goes because it is damn addictive. Pretty simple and straightforward.

We've got close a couple of times and came 2nd as a group but not yet won. Green and above auto-shotguns rule close range. 

The game does have a number of flaws but as its free to play, I just look all past that and don't enjoy the game mode. PUBG will actually get some good exposure because of this as everyone will want a better updated and smooth game like this eventually.

On 08/10/2017 at 10:11 AM, Amnotright said:

@Beastfix and I just took are first victory in duos 

Both survived till the end which was a huge win 

This game is slowing taking over my life 

Love this. I'm really loving the simplicity of that game.

Last night I spawned in to a house and luckily the place I spawned was within all of the boundaries so I was down to the last 5. I kept myself barricaded in until towards the end where I got a bit cocky and started to venture out. Then I got my head blown off and sulked for a bit.

Absolutely love it though and can't wait for PUGB

Gave this a go last night and it's pretty decent particularly as it doesn't cost a penny although for a BR game, it really does lack the tension, difficulty and atmosphere that you'd associate with the genre. Just a bit too casual, cartoony and bland for me but I can see why people have taken to it. Certainly is more welcoming than PUBG and is less buggy than the likes of KOTK. I think it's a good alternative in the growing genre and it nice to see developers have such a nice foundation in place but I don't think I'll play it in its early access phase again. 

Gave this a go last night and it's pretty decent particularly as it doesn't cost a penny although for a BR game, it really does lack the tension, difficulty and atmosphere that you'd associate with the genre. Just a bit too casual, cartoony and bland for me but I can see why people have taken to it. Certainly is more welcoming than PUBG and is less buggy than the likes of KOTK. I think it's a good alternative in the growing genre and it nice to see developers have such a nice foundation in place but I don't think I'll play it in its early access phase again. 

I suppose that's the point. On PS4, its the only Battle Royale choice of game. And free.

If the few playing this here had a decent PC, we'd all be playing PUBG.

An amazing game mode with average graphics and gameplay, for free.

Yeah again if I had a good graphics card I'd be playing PUGB.

To be honest though I've adopted the console way of gaming as my preferred choice in any event now, so yeah, it's a case of waiting for it to come out on the PS4.

I suppose that's the point. On PS4, its the only Battle Royale choice of game. And free.

If the few playing this here had a decent PC, we'd all be playing PUBG.

An amazing game mode with average graphics and gameplay, for free.

You can get 50fps on PUBG , on a $540 PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

On 09/10/2017 at 3:42 PM, The3rdWalker said:

You can get 50fps on PUBG , on a $540 PC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but Fortnite doesn't cost a penny. It's got one goal for one game mode. I'm unexpectedly enjoying it right now because its fresh. It's not a long lasting game for me though. Just a fun pick up and play game but only with others, for me.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yeah but Fortnite doesn't cost a penny. It's got one goal for one game mode. I'm unexpectedly enjoying it right now because its fresh. It's not a long lasting game for me though. Just a fun pick up and play game but only with others, for me.

Doesn't cost you a penny but doesn't fill an arena and make boatloads of money through sponsorship and ads. Money talks. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Tis good form to print them out on the page as we're all lazy and don't like clicking links.
I'll print the notes later when at PC and not on phone if you're not able.
And cheers!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So after Lee and Crispy got me into Fortnite i have to say I'm enjoying it a lot. Quite a lot of strategy is involved as well as the tension involved with running across the open areas fearful of a sniper bullet into the cranium. 

After probably 7 or 8 games I finally got my first solo victory 😄😄😄 

https://imgur.com/a/uuRK0

APmVvKG.gif

On 15/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, JBR-Kiwi said:

So after Lee and Crispy got me into Fortnite i have to say I'm enjoying it a lot. Quite a lot of strategy is involved as well as the tension involved with running across the open areas fearful of a sniper bullet into the cranium. 

After probably 7 or 8 games I finally got my first solo victory 😄😄😄 

https://imgur.com/a/uuRK0

Nice work mate! It is a really good considering its free. I still haven't won yet but when I do (let's hope its when) I don't know how much appeal there is to it. It does have a sense of Overwatch to it in the sense of cartoony but pretty easy to pick up and play without knowing not too much about the game.

PATCH NOTES - BATTLE ROYALE

HIGHLIGHTS

• Introducing “Slurp Juice,” a regeneration potion that grants 1 health and 1 shield per second for 25 seconds.
  • You can now customize your character, banner, and equip any cosmetics in the new Locker menu.
  • Voice chat comes to Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
  • Players will now auto-pickup ammo, building resources, and traps.
  • New graphics are visible to players who are caught outside the Storm safe zone, and the storm wall visuals have been updated.
  • New Halloween skins are on sale in the newly implemented store, and will only be available until 11/4.
    • Use V-bucks to purchase items from the store.
    • Character Skins
      • Skull Trooper
      • Ghoul Trooper
    • Weapon Skins
      • Reaper Skin - Pickaxe
  • The new “Combat Pro” controller config is aimed at keeping the user's thumbs on the sticks as much as possible so they can make fast weapon swaps and build quickly.

SLURP JUICE

Slurp Juice is a regeneration potion that grants one health and one shield per second for 25 seconds.  Slurp Juice can heal players all the way up to 100 health. These can be found in the same locations as other consumables and you can stack up to two of them.

Fortnite%2Fblog%2Ffortnitemares-update-1-8-patch-notes%2FPVP_Twin-Tonic_EN-1424x1080-20e21d2fbbf5d5ec3aed5cc2677114d1979de0bf

ITEM SHOP

• Players can now purchase a unique array of outfits, gliders and pickaxes in the new item shop.
    • Offers will rotate on both a weekly and daily basis
    • All items sold are cosmetic only and do not grant any competitive advantage
    • Purchased items can be equipped in the new locker screen prior to starting a match
  • NOTE: Purchases from the Battle Royale store do not carryover to the Save the World mode. 

LOCKER

• Players can customize their character’s appearance in the new Locker menu with the following options:
    • Set your banner image and color
    • Equip any purchased outfits, gliders or pickaxes
Fortnite%2Fblog%2Ffortnitemares-update-1-8-patch-notes%2FLocker_02-906x587-8b8f26624423850903759d595a79ae68b3c99ecc

LEADERBOARDS 

• Rank up against other players and friends in the following categories:  
    • Total Wins
    • Solo
      • Top 10
      • Top 25
    • Duo
      • Top 5
      • Top 12
    • Squads
      • Top 3
      • Top 6

There are currently two types of leaderboards:

• Division leaderboard
    • A division is a group of 50 active players competing against each other to see who will take top the spot.
    • You are automatically assigned to a new division each week.
    • Each match type (Solo, Duos and Squads) gets its own separate division.
  • Friends leaderboard
    • Compare yourself to your friends by turning on "Friends Only" on the leaderboard screen.

All leaderboards reset weekly on Wednesdays. Only players on your platform are included in the rankings. Expect improvements in upcoming releases.

SEASON LEVELS

• Seasons will give the player a chance to level-up their character and earn unique seasonal rewards and banner flair.
    • The first season will give players a chance to level up to 100, with player level displayed on their banner.
    • Banner flair is awarded in levels 2-49, giving players an additional way to show off their mastery.
    • There are 2 unique rewards that will be provided in the first season. These will only be earned by seasonal progress and cannot be obtained by other methods at this time:
      •  Level 10 – Unique seasonal banner
      •  Level 25 – Unique seasonal glider  
  • Players can boost their seasonal levels by participating in Daily Challenges.
    • A new challenge will be provided each day with the ability to have up to 3 active challenges in total
    • Completing Daily Challenges will provide the player with seasonal level XP

TEAM VOICE CHAT - PLAYSTATION 4 AND XBOX ONE

If you have a microphone, you can now chat with your squad mates on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.  

• PC players have push to talk enabled by default. Bound to the Y key.
  • PlayStation 4 and Xbox One player’s mics are voice activated by default.
  • Voice chat is enabled by default, but you can turn it off in the Audio Options menu.  
  • Note that PC players also have the ability to team voice chat, which we added in the previous update.

SEASONAL ROCKET LAUNCHER!

Tis’ the season to be scary! The Rocket Launcher now has a creepy cosmetic variant to celebrate Halloween. 

NEW STORM EFFECTS

Players caught inside the Storm zone may be in for a fright! New effects and visuals make for a much more intense experience. The Storm wall has been updated as well. Run to safety!

“COMBAT PRO” CONTROLLER CONFIGURATION

The new “Combat Pro” controller config is aimed at keeping the user's thumbs on the sticks as much as possible so they can make fast weapon swaps and build quickly. We're trying to add a familiar feel for shooter players, placing the map as a button in the middle of the gamepad and taking crouch off a bumper button.

• Access the new controller config from the “Controller” tab in the settings menu.
  • Be sure to select the “Apply” button to save the change.

GAMEPLAY

• Added auto-pickup for ammo, building resources, and traps.  
    • Your player will loot these items automatically when walking over them.  
    • Note that dropped items will not be automatically picked up, but you can still manually pick them up.
  • Reduced Supply Drop balloon health from 2000 to 1250.
  • Items which are spawned from treasure chests or ammo boxes are now less likely to be clustered together. 
  • Reduced the chance of Storm safe zones appearing at the edges of the island.
  • Fixed supply drops not falling from structures in various cases.
  • Fixed a bug which caused stacked items not to automatically add to the quick bar when picked up.

WEAPONS

• Adjusted Submachine Gun characteristics. (Does not affect the Tactical variant.)
    • Common/Uncommon damage increased from 11 to 12.
    • Rare damage increased from 12 to 13.
    • Decreased reload time by 15%.
  • Sniper Rifle projectiles now leave a visual trail behind.  
  • Assault Rifle
    • Reduced accuracy penalty while moving.  
    • Does not affect Burst or Scoped variants.
  • Scoped Assault Rifle 
    • Updated visuals while zoomed in. 
    • Tracer effects and smoke now match the weapon’s behavior.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the transition from the hip fire position to targeting to rotate the player cam downwards.
  • Fixed an issue which caused recoiled weapons not to recover if you began reloading while recoiled.

CONTROLS

• Aiming sensitivity on controllers now scales with your weapon’s zoom, similar to how it does with the mouse.
    • This change replaces the previous sensitivity adjustment we made to scoped weapons. 
  • Changed some default keyboard bindings for quick slots.  
    • The 4th quick slot has changed from the Z key to 5.  
    • The 5th quick slot has changed from the X key to 6.
  • Improved analog stick responsiveness when rotating the camera. 
    • It should now be easier to make fine adjustments to your aim on controllers.
  • Improved how interactions such as teammate revives, pickups, and opening doors are prioritized when there are multiple possible options.
  • Smoothed out the camera transition between riding the Battle Bus and beginning to skydive.

WORLD

• Added more loot to the area with containers south of Tomato Town and shifted the containers to better align with the building grid.
  • Fixed issues where grass could be hidden on certain types of terrain.
  • Various fixes for terrain seams and floating objects.
  • Fixed some objects that were previously indestructible.

AUDIO

• Voice Chat now works while spectating teammates and after the match ends.
  • Decreased the distance players can hear ceiling and wall trap audio.
  • Added ambient “zap” audio to placed wall traps.
  • Fixed issue which caused footstep audio to be drowned out while other sounds were playing.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause footstep sounds to trigger multiple times per step.

UI

• Added several new ways to access the Item Shop, Locker and other new features.
  • Added a “Season Shop” tab.  
    • This is a preview of a feature still in development, that will be implemented in a later update.
  • Changed how the “Message of the Day” news is displayed.  
    • This message now pops up before you enter the matchmaking lobby, but only if there is new information added since the last time you saw it.
  • Improved the look and feel of the “Stats” interface.
  • Adjusted rarity color for consumable items.  The chances of finding these items in chests or in the world remains unchanged.
    • Med Kit is now green (Uncommon).
    • Shield Potion is now blue (Rare).
  • Added a highlight background behind the currently active building resource.
  • The menu can now be opened while spectating.
  • Resources can now be dropped while using a controller.
  • Removed “Show Grass” from the Options menu in Battle Royale.  Grass and foliage is always intended to be visible.
  • Fixed an issue which caused your weapon to continue firing after opening the fullscreen map.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the final damage done to an enemy not to display hit effects.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the reticle to remain faded out after reloading or when out of ammo.

PERFORMANCE

• Trees and foliage will no longer cause very low frame rates when Material Quality is set to anything lower than High.
  • Implemented profile guided optimization to help overall CPU performance on consoles.
  • Improved thread affinities on console to help overall CPU performance.
  • Improved animation system performance.
  • Reduced hitching issues on all platforms.
  • Fixed grainy visual artifacts on trees with certain graphics configurations.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Selecting a party member in the lobby will display an incorrect banner.
  • Other player's gliders may appear lopsided if a glider cosmetic is equipped.

Really good update, surprising actually. Cheers for sharing Chris @Amnotright

Decent idea to customise your character as people like to do that kind of stuff. The daily challenges and Leaderboards should lead to more reasons to come back to the game, coupled with the Seasons update. Fair play to the developers. Next up surely is a new map. That would retain and bring back some of the player base who have given it a few go's.

Chapter 5 out now. 

Didn't enjoy the OG season just gone too much, so I'm happy to see the new map and physics back.

Might stick an event up over Christmas for some Royal games. I only play no-build however, haven't got enough time to bother trying to learn how to build like these 12 year olds can 🤣

I've enjoyed trying to go back to this, especially quests wise but can't deny its been overwhelming seeing the homepage (does look more like roblox now) and also been took apart in trio/dup games more than i expected. I think switching from FPS CoD to 3rd person Fortnite hasn't been as seamless as I it was a few years ago!

Still willing to keep at it, only on zero build to stay away from the twitchy instant builder players. 😄

14 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've enjoyed trying to go back to this, especially quests wise but can't deny its been overwhelming seeing the homepage (does look more like roblox now) and also been took apart in trio/dup games more than i expected. I think switching from FPS CoD to 3rd person Fortnite hasn't been as seamless as I it was a few years ago!

Still willing to keep at it, only on zero build to stay away from the twitchy instant builder players. 😄

Definitely not easy to get used to when you spent all year playing COD 😂