Iron Banner

GazzaGarratt

Iron Banner is October 10th and the gear looks amazeballs.

20c3f7e734e4783bd0106878d41758d2.jpg

It'll be Control, 4v4 and Power levels will NOT matter like banner of old. Iron Banner engrams replace Bounties and Ranks - not sure how the engrams will work our just yet though.

I'll be definitely giving it a bash whilst wiping a tear that we can no longer play 6v6 in it.

2 hours ago, techno said:

Basically like most of D2 turn up hang around a bit get stuff that looks good but ultimately is worthless :)

Oh and control good 4v4 hahaha

The hang around but I get. The bounty/rank system I really enjoyed; a mini target for you to hit in the week.

It won't be worthless for you though and most people. It should drop around your Power level and hopefully higher with some engrams.

I actually don't see the difference in that part in relation to D1 yet we were mostly stoked by it.

I just really hope that they get some feedback they will listen to, especially when one of the overwhelming comments will be 'it just isn't the same without 6v6'.

You can't deny though it's one of, if not the best armour sets in the game so far.

56 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The hang around but I get. The bounty/rank system I really enjoyed; a mini target for you to hit in the week.

It won't be worthless for you though and most people. It should drop around your Power level and hopefully higher with some engrams.

I actually don't see the difference in that part in relation to D1 yet we were mostly stoked by it.

I just really hope that they get some feedback they will listen to, especially when one of the overwhelming comments will be 'it just isn't the same without 6v6'.

You can't deny though it's one of, if not the best armour sets in the game so far.

Oh it does look good and as it's control that I haven't played in d2 I will give it a go but I'm not expecting much from the weapons except maybe a cool look as the lack of random rolls means you only need to drop 1. The power level needs to have a chance of dropping higher than your level which I doubt but we know it's a dumb leveling system .

The 4v4 in control could just end up with people running laps.

At least it generates some interest in crucible

How I have missed Iron Banner. Such good games, back on Control where it belongs. Got some great wins in with @Diddums @techno @Capn_Underpants @Rico and @Misneach_.

I think it had a decent balance all round. Dropped the Sidearm and Hand Cannon so far, no armour drops yet.

The new map based on Shores of Time we struggled with initially. Best probably just to hold B and C on that map and let them come to you.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How I have missed Iron Banner. Such good games, back on Control where it belongs. Got some great wins in with @Diddums @techno @Capn_Underpants @Rico and @Misneach_.

I think it had a decent balance all round. Dropped the Sidearm and Hand Cannon so far, no armour drops yet.

The new map based on Shores of Time we struggled with initially. Best probably just to hold B and C on that map and let them come to you.

It seems to me it’s best to hold two flags. Played a few games this morning with randoms and they kept doing circles capping flags. Spawns would flip and it was a struggle. 

7 packages so far. All guns, no fecking armour. Also, still no AR as I've had duplicate hand cannon and fusion rifles.

Games wise it's been great though. Great to have mostly full FG parties. Only experienced a tiny bit of lag from one random on the other side so far.

Best map I enjoy is the one that was on the beta. Others seem okay, just a little annoying in sections. Would be nice to have a few more maps in rotation.

I’ve got the pulse rifle and it’s not as bad as first thought. Put a couple of recoil mods on it. And it’s a laser.got the side stem,scout and fusion. The fusion rifle is a monster. Armor wise I have the boots and cloak.  Got the cloak three times. 

If if you have multiple characters do the challenges on all of them but same the tokens to open on your mai as it account based not character based. 

I got the hand cannon. Haven't used it yet

The AR is actually much better than I thought it would be by looking at the stats.

Also got the Warlock Bond.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

As I thought, guns are dropping everywhere but the elusive Armour must be on a lower % chance to get it. Hoping it ramps up getting to the end of Banner. It's the first time I've wanted armour really badly in D2.

I wouldn't mind the pulse rifle, they are going to get a buff at some point, and banking it might be a good idea.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

1 minute ago, Sennex said:

I wouldn't mind the pulse rifle, they are going to get a buff at some point, and banking it might be a good idea.

I forgot to say I got that last night so I'm really happy about that. I think there's a high chance you'll be getting it the way things are dropping. Anyone know how many are on offer this time round?

@TigerBurge good tips on the mods for the pulse and challenges. Do you mean just the recoil mod and mods on armour to support that gun?

Fucking LOVING iron banana again. It's so much better on control, they need to just keep it like this. I don't even know what I've bagged, I have a filthy habit of just shredding everything because I can't be arsed juggling shit (still don't even know what the vault looks like).

It's great to have some of the old maps back, even the snipycunt map is fun with the snipers now being heavy ammo. 

I must say that contrary to what I originally thought, the 4v4 format is actually ace. Supers don't feel so OP any more becuase the most they can kill is 4 rather than 6. There are also only 4 people moaning which seems to make the game feel less negative, if that makes any sense at all.

Really enjoying it, I'm off this weekend so will probably play the fuck out of it, looking forward to playing with you lot.

Oh and pulse grenades are LOL.

banlol.png

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I forgot to say I got that last night so I'm really happy about that. I think there's a high chance you'll be getting it the way things are dropping. Anyone know how many are on offer this time round?

@TigerBurge good tips on the mods for the pulse and challenges. Do you mean just the recoil mod and mods on armour to support that gun?

Recoil mods on the armor. With two recoil mods it completely vertical. 

8 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Pulse is great , and I haven't even tried Chris's mod advice , will give it a go later. Also got the scout hand cannon and AR, although haven't tried the last two yet.

Need boots and chest for full set of Hunter armour

Need helmet and chest for me. I’ve been wrecked by the auto a few times.