Divinity Original Sin 2

J4MES OX4D

Picked it up the other day and it is definitely as good as they say. Superb narrative, fantastic gameplay and so much depth. A very well-made game and the co-op is implemented superbly. It's so refreshing to play a popular game that doesn't had microtransacitons or a season pass attached to it. It's gonna be a very successful game and one of the best of the year I reckon. 

Picked it up the other day and it is definitely as good as they say. Superb narrative, fantastic gameplay and so much depth. A very well-made game and the co-op is implemented superbly. It's so refreshing to play a popular game that doesn't had microtransacitons or a season pass attached to it. It's gonna be a very successful game and one of the best of the year I reckon. 

You're making me think about it if it has a seriously good co-op mode. I'm not that enthused about SP any longer.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Bought it. I loved the first game, and it's definitely better with friends.

I love a turn based game. So the review says the story isn't really connected to the first one but is it worth getting the first before this one or can you start this one a fresh without knowing anything about the series?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

51 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I love a turn based game. So the review says the story isn't really connected to the first one but is it worth getting the first before this one or can you start this one a fresh without knowing anything about the series?

I have the first Original Sin but never got round to even starting it but this game seems largely a standalone with an entirely new story that isn't connected to the past Divinity games so it's great for newcomers. You can still read-up on any lingering lore anyway but the excellcent story is pretty fresh and easy to understand so you can jump right in. 

This is on sale currently on the PSN store so I picked it up while in Columbus.  I'm hoping to give it a go when I get back home.  From what I've seen of it, It should scratch that "RPG" itch I've had for the last little while.  Or it's crabs.  Hmm.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I have this in my backlog along with the first game (which I plan to boot up this week), thet have both had good reviews in the past but I do struggle to get into such big games these day's. It's not easy to do with young children sadly!

I intend to go back to this game when I get a Steam Deck. Will start a new character for it eventhough I'm not a fan of how the game starts...

I'll get round to buying the new Baldurs Gate when they finish that too. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 6/16/2022 at 2:49 PM, phil bottle said:

I intend to go back to this game when I get a Steam Deck. Will start a new character for it even though I'm not a fan of how the game starts...

I'll get round to buying the new Baldurs Gate when they finish that too. 

I may have to play this on PC.  I find the control for PS is too fucky.  I'd play on a steam deck too if i was lucky enough to get one.  

Does the new Baldurs Gate play similar to Divinity or is it more Diablo-ish?

2 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I may have to play this on PC.  I find the control for PS is too fucky.  I'd play on a steam deck too if i was lucky enough to get one.  

Does the new Baldurs Gate play similar to Divinity or is it more Diablo-ish?

The new Baldurs Gate plays more similarly to Divinity, slightly more fluid though from what I understand. Plus the system is pretty much D&D 5th edition.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The new Baldurs Gate plays more similarly to Divinity, slightly more fluid though from what I understand. Plus the system is pretty much D&D 5th edition.

Ah coolio.  Thanks @phil bottle