Cell Phones!

Capn_Underpants

In the market for a new cell phone. Been looking at the Samsung Galaxy 7. Never had a Samsung phone. Only ever had Motorola Droids. I've heard good things about them though. I was considering the 8. But honestly don't know much about these Samsung phones. Any input?

Via the FG App

Buy Huawei. Last longer, bigger batteries. Cheaper for the same quality.

I've had a Huawei Mate 7 now for two years. Still going strong. Planning on upgrading to a Mate 9 just because they don't do updates for this anymore.

And I want a new one ;)

On 9/19/2017 at 5:38 AM, NCA-Paendrag said:

Buy Huawei. Last longer, bigger batteries. Cheaper for the same quality.

I've had a Huawei Mate 7 now for two years. Still going strong. Planning on upgrading to a Mate 9 just because they don't do updates for this anymore.

And I want a new one ;)

I've never heard of those phones before :o

On 9/19/2017 at 9:59 AM, techno said:

I have a galaxy s8 and it's awesome but if you can get an s7 edge cheap there's not much in it. My last 4 phones have been Samsung and never had a problem .

Via the FG App

I'm trying to stay away from the Edge ones. Don't really like those. Was looking at a plain old 7. Or 8. Not really sure.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:13 AM, Luceowolf said:

Google Pixel user here. Best phone I have ever had and the camera is the best available (better than most digital cameras!)

Via the FG App

I don't think I've seen much on this one either. 😱

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Samsung for me seems the best choice. Just don't choose Apple as they feel too locked down of late.

I'd never pick Apple. Don't worry 😂

I have an update due on 1st Nov. Either the Samsung 8 or Note 8 for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What's the advantage of having the Note over the standard 8 series?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

What's the advantage of having the Note over the standard 8 series?
The Note has a bigger screen and a stylus, which is actually quite useful.
Main drawback is that battery life isn't great.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I have a galaxy s8 and it's awesome but if you can get an s7 edge cheap there's not much in it. My last 4 phones have been Samsung and never had a problem .

Via the FG App

The Note has a bigger screen and a stylus, which is actually quite useful.
Main drawback is that battery life isn't great.

So would you say its worth the cost difference between getting an upgrade to a 7 or an 8? Let's say if it was a cost of £100 to get the 8 rather than the 7?

On 23/09/2017 at 12:48 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

So would you say its worth the cost difference between getting an upgrade to a 7 or an 8? Let's say if it was a cost of £100 to get the 8 rather than the 7?

I would as I'm a phone snob upto a point but Samsung will update the 8 quicker and it's got the new tech already, but I wouldn't deliberately update a perfectly good s7 if that's what I had .

On 9/24/2017 at 11:28 AM, techno said:

I would as I'm a phone snob upto a point but Samsung will update the 8 quicker and it's got the new tech already, but I wouldn't deliberately update a perfectly good s7 if that's what I had .

You have a point. I'm thinking of the S8 or even the Note 8 now.  I don't know if i'll like the largeness of the Note 8.  The only thing really turning me off from a S8 is the edge. I've heard they are really fragile. The 7 looks like all great reviews, but you are right about the updates. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

8 minutes ago, Capn_Underpants said:
  You have a point. I'm thinking of the S8 or even the Note 8 now.  I don't know if i'll like the largeness of the Note 8.  The only thing really turning me off from a S8 is the edge. I've heard they are really fragile. The 7 looks like all great reviews, but you are right about the updates. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't like to and as much as possible I don't put the phone in a case, but I'm also male so don't have the same problems women seem to have with breaking phones [emoji4] however

I will add the camera and the screen quality  simply amazed me.

Via the FG App

2 minutes ago, techno said:

I don't like to and as much as possible put the phone in a case, but I'm also male so don't have the same problems women seem to have with breaking phones :) however

Via the FG App

Call me a male then. Never broke a phone! :D 

But that's cool. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for the video.

1 minute ago, techno said:

Lol congrats, I've had more trouble with my daughter's and phones than anyone deserves

Via the FG App

:lol: Poor Gary.

Reminds me of my nephew and his glasses. <_<

I'm upgrading soon and this has been really helpful.

My wife just got the updated Honor 9 as she likes to be 'different' :D Personally, I can't see past the samsungs and the flexibility they have with android.

2 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Well I made a mistake and started watching videos on the Note 8. :unsure: Thing looks amazing.

Ha ha it does doesn't it, but it's just what I hear about the battery that puts me off. I have about 4 weeks to make my mind up, either this or the S8+ for me

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

52 minutes ago, Capn_Underpants said:

I decided on a phone... Should be hopefully getting it on Tuesday. emoji5.png

Via the FG App

And the verdict is.....? Or are you holding us in suspense for to show us the Nokia 3210 pic when it comes in the post ;)