Weekly Nightfall

Capn_Underpants

Sept 8th

This go around, the nightfall randomly switches between burns. Recommended 240 power level. But I recommend around 265.

If anyone needs a hand I've done it twice now. [emoji16]

Via the FG App

4 hours ago, Capn_Underpants said:

Sept 8th

This go around, the nightfall randomly switches between burns. Recommended 240 power level. But I recommend around 265.

If anyone needs a hand I've done it twice now. emoji16.png

Via the FG App

I would like to get it done.  I'll be on tomorrow 

Sept 8th

If anyone needs a hand I've done it twice now. [emoji16]

265? Okay, I'm 241 but I want to get this done before reset or at least try it out. Anyone else done it or/and want to run it? Want to make sure we all get as many that want it the help they need.

Via the FG App

265? Okay, I'm 241 but I want to get this done before reset or at least try it out. Anyone else done it or/and want to run it? Want to make sure we all get as many that want it the help they need.

Via the FG App

Yep. Everytime I've done it it's been completed with 5 seconds to spare. With all of us being around the 260 area. And yes, we've tried our best swapping through the guns too.

Via the FG App

I've done it already but happy to help out anyone tonight that wants to give it a run.

Best tips I can think for this NF is to;

Run a mix of all burns.  So if you're running a arc subclass have solar and void in your energy/power weapons slots.  Same applies for void and solar subclasses.  If possible too make sure there is no duplication of burns - so the fireteams energy weapons will be 1 void, 1 arc, 1 solar with the same on power weapons.  So basically it doesn't matter what the burn is someone always has weapons for that burn.  If it is a burn you have weapons for then focus on yellow bars as you will melt them, if you don't then use your kinetic weapons on the red bars.  This is obviously perfect world though which you might not have the weapons for currently.

Run through sections you don't have to kill enemies in.  At the beginning you get outside the first room and have to fight the enemies outside.  Eventually the ship leaves and you will be able to pick up the solar energy ball thing - whoever picks it up can run and dunk it without killing any of the Fallen.  This will open the shield and you can run inside which spawns 2 or 3 yellow bar Cabal - you have to kill these for the next checkpoint to come up.  From there you can run through everything else until you get outside again at which point you can get on your sparrow and blast through all the way through to the tank.  At the section ignore this tank - activate the 2 screens and bring the lift down with the second tank.  From this point on you need to shoot you way to the final area with the boss.

If all goes well you should have ~5 mins left on the clock when you start fighting the boss.  I did it with 1min 30 secs left but we were all ~275 so if you're in the 260's you will prob need this extra time.

Final tip - with the war dogs they tend to run in a group and you can kill them all with one grenade from a launcher if you have the right burn.  It can save a few seconds in killing them individually and can easily add 10-20 seconds too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

A different strategy taken from another forum;

When you're going up the lift and he stands at the top ignore him. Immediately kill all of the turrets on the platform behind him. He'll then jump into the centre between the two platforms. If the arc burn is active all 3 players (if hunters ofc) should then stunlock him into oblivion with arcstrider. We melted him in about 15 seconds with 8 minutes to spare.

I'm sure you can replicate the above with any other combination of supers. However, the key thing is that all 3 players use the same burn.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

We beat him with like four minutes left. We weren't trying to do the five minutes for the Rat King though 

What Power level were you?

I'm on tonight to do it. Either got to level up a little or run with a few that are 270+ as I'm 257.@Amnotright said he'd take a spot.

Via the FG App

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What Power level were you?

I'm on tonight to do it. Either got to level up a little or run with a few that are 270+ as I'm 257.@Amnotright said he'd take a spot.

Via the FG App

All at least 270.

Greboth thanks for your help, PSN decided to shaft me on the final run, cheers man 

Shit one bud, shame you couldn't get it.

Thanks to@Amnotright and@Greboth for running the Nightfall with me. Wiped once and then finished it with 6 seconds spare. The many drops helped me above 260 Power. Hopefully I can help others from reset day.

Via the FG App

13 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Good job man! We would have done it on that run you disconnected.

In the end I completed the NF 5 times and I don't know how many attempts.  I'm looking forward to this weeks just for a change in mission :lol:

Yes that disconnection sucked totally. In the end ran it with a couple of randoms, first attempt was a bit meh, but second go we got him with 2minutes to spare.

Feel like I know that strike now!

Inverted spire today, can't wait!

The Nightfall is rock hard this week. May not get it before reset now.

I'm torn. I get that the 10-minute timer sounds a little shitty but playing devils advocate, we wanted something challenging otherwise we wouldn't be saying it's piss easy. My main worry is that if there was no timer people would ultra-cheese it and then it would become stale quickly. However, I will say that this week's is ridiculous though, considering the boss teleports and is hidden plus you don't have health regeneration. Because of that the timer is pretty stupid this week.

Maybe a start a timer at the boss stage to meet the issue half way?

I'm torn. I get that the 10-minute timer sounds a little shitty but playing devils advocate, we wanted something challenging otherwise we wouldn't be saying it's piss easy. My main worry is that if there was no timer people would ultra-cheese it and then it would become stale quickly. However, I will say that this week's is ridiculous though, considering the boss teleports and is hidden plus you don't have health regeneration. Because of that the timer is pretty stupid this week.

Hit me up next time you're on.

Via the FG App

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If you get all the things that extend the time we had like 12 minutes left to beat the boss. Since the strike is absolute shit we had 30 seconds left when we beat it 

3 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

If you get all the things that extend the time we had like 12 minutes left to beat the boss. Since the strike is absolute shit we had 30 seconds left when we beat it 

This. I also heard that a unleashing a bunch of Merciless fusion rifle rounds in him knocks him down fast. 👌