Forever Gaming - Destiny Clan Updates

GazzaGarratt

6 hours ago, Baabcat said:

This bugs a real pain, from what Bungie say I might not get Tuesday reset on these three items even though they dropped at legendary not powerful. Big screw up in the lead up to raid release.  Bet there’s loads of people grinded to rank up and now have no chance of being a decent power level

A lot of the big players and teams are in the 335-345 range right now so I predict the race will go as planned. But for the folks who are semi-serious about trying for a world first will be fucked now barring a few new character creations/ playthroughs in one week. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Just a note to the Destiny FGers. Gonna try and spend some time putting up some separate threads up about lots of different activities in the Dreaming City as I think many won't have touched the surface (including me) and it may help all of us look through and find some things to do to party up with other FGers.

Was gonna put it in its own sub-forum within Destiny but equally can leave the multiple threadsin here. Just lemme know what works for you guys.

Cheers

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Relics of the Golden age quest. 
Is it another Mida Multi or is the reward something else? 

Btw, good idea Lee. 
I believe its for Sturm. Its the only Yr 1 exotic I haven't picked up yet.

51 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:
3 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:
Relics of the Golden age quest. 
Is it another Mida Multi or is the reward something else? 

Btw, good idea Lee. 

I believe its for Sturm. Its the only Yr 1 exotic I haven't picked up yet.

Ah ok. Heard that gun was quite disappointing. 

Its a paired gun with the Legendary gun, Drang. Its actually very powerful in certain instances if you use them right. Ask @Blubear.

3 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:
50 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Its a paired gun with the Legendary gun, Drang. Its actually very powerful in certain instances if you use them right. Ask @Blubear.

I’ve got this to do as well but it’s well on the back burner at the moment

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

For optimum fun, no one should look up anything raid related. Nor should they watch yt videos or twitch streams on it.

Going in blind for the first time with five other friends is some of the best fun you will have in all of your video gaming lives.
Even if you aren't high enough light to complete it until a week or two from now, it's worth it.

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:
4 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I have only used the Drang a little bit but as far as I can remember it didn't have much of a wow factor. I will finish the quest though. 

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I’ve got this to do as well but it’s well on the back burner at the moment

Most of it was done before Forsaken, only needed the exotic engram and now the Taken multikills and a Captain. 

17 hours ago, Horrible_Hector said:

For optimum fun, no one should look up anything raid related. Nor should they watch yt videos or twitch streams on it.

Going in blind for the first time with five other friends is some of the best fun you will have in all of your video gaming lives.
Even if you aren't high enough light to complete it until a week or two from now, it's worth it.

I’m a great believer in this, however 14 hours in no one has completed yet, so it’s not a breeze!

I have only used the Drang a little bit but as far as I can remember it didn't have much of a wow factor. I will finish the quest though. 
An overcharged Sturm wrecks. I used the combo to get my handcannon Gambit invader kills. Kill enough adds with Drag and you get a max of 4 overcharged Sturm bullets; more than enough to destroy an invader even with overshield.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

We kind of fudged it.  Usually they are three man teams, but we kept fast travelling as individuals until we popped into the same instance, we then get friends to join on.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Don’t know if anyone has posted this before but there’s an order you should do your powerful engrams for best levelling up

Dreaming city powerful engram will drop at a much higher light than your current. Nightfall is next

After that other powerful engrams  only drop at 1 above your current level. 

So doing dreaming city and nightfall will give you a quicker boost to light, and then the  plus 1’s will drop higher 

2 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Don’t know if anyone has posted this before but there’s an order you should do your powerful engrams for best levelling up

Dreaming city powerful engram will drop at a much higher light than your current. Nightfall is next

After that other powerful engrams  only drop at 1 above your current level. 

So doing dreaming city and nightfall will give you a quicker boost to light, and then the  plus 1’s will drop higher 

The problem is, there are tiers of powerful engrams. There are 520's, 540's, and 560's. 
This is a rough guide I used when I just started: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9fh2li/leveling_guide_forsaken/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Before you're 520, just get everything. Order doesn't matter. 
After you're 520 the actual way to squeeze the most light out is to get a 560 or 540 first, then get some 520s, which will drop as +1, to boost your other gear up. Then another 540/560, followed by a couple more +1's. Repeat as desired.

It's tedious and all dependent on RNG anyways, so.. just play the game and have fun. The light isn't going anywhere. 
I grind because I'm an idiot and have too much free time on my hands.

4 hours ago, Horrible_Hector said:

It's tedious and all dependent on RNG anyways, so.. just play the game and have fun. The light isn't going anywhere. 
I grind because I'm an idiot and have too much free time on my hands.

This. Totally enjoying looking forward to high endgame activities that have variety. I love doing bounties on reset rather than focus on challenges. If i do them on the way its a bonus.

I've made this little picture for us all - hope this helps everyone. Will look to put up events over the next 30 minutes.

Events FG Template - Destiny.jpg

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've made this little picture for us all - hope this helps everyone. Will look to put up events over the next 30 minutes.

Events FG Template - Destiny.jpg

That’s really nice Lee.....

For all our friends in different time zones, when doing the conversion please ignore the “GMT”. Us Brits are on BST until 02.00 on Sunday 28 October 2018. If in doubt, use “London” as a location for your converter.

[sits back and waits for Lee’s abuse] 😉

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

21 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

That’s really nice Lee.....

For all our friends in different time zones, when doing the conversion please ignore the “GMT”. Us Brits are on BST until 02.00 on Sunday 28 October 2018. If in doubt, use “London” as a location for your converter.

[sits back and waits for Lee’s abuse] 😉

Thats a good point tbh Dave. If I can understand the right time to put on there, we can put another time that would help the NA side. Americans/Canadians, which timezone is best to quote to with the UK time? I'll do it for the next one, cheers Dave 👍

They're all on the calendar now anyway so when you look it automatically knows what timezone you are in and show them in your time.

Really fun run on EP with @techno @Jason @Shucker @Bluebear @Amnotright and @Neochill.

Frames lost for days on the boss 😃

Good news was that Shucks and Chris dropped the Shotgun, Nick dropped the SMG and Gary and I dropped the Sniper rifle. Not bad after c.10 rounds of the boss.

It really is good chilled fun now, trying to work out how we can lose the most frames rather than extreme intensity.

I also got lucky and dropped the new Titan Exotic gauntlets, Ursa Furiosa. Great laugh, hopefully we can get this going every so often to help people drop the weapons and armour for collections.