Destiny Lore

GazzaGarratt

Any decent lore information would be great to stick it here.

If we get enough we can break out into separate sections like we used to have.

Via the FG App

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Sadly I don't have the time I used to have to be able to delve into lore. I look forward to others doing the legwork :D

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

On 06/09/2017 at 2:03 PM, Sennex said:

Sadly I don't have the time I used to have to be able to delve into lore. I look forward to others doing the legwork :D

Shame. Loved those posts but too true on others stepping up into the opportunity.

There's plenty of people out there that love this stuff so share what you find FGers!

f7b1be73dcb51b88c2728522a83167a7.jpg

So through one of Cayde's Treasure Map Loot, you pick up a fragment of his journal.

It actually makes it sounds like he was maybe once a human, or something other than Exo anyway. Makes you wonder where the Exos came from and how they got into the form they have. Would also explain how he talks about eating certain foods in random comments.

There's talk that the next DLC will involve time travel, so they could be a link to years before the War and even the Tower in which we may see Cayde in his original life form.

All exos were humans at one point iirc.

Via the FG App

Well maybe not all. But I remember reading something about it. I can't find where now damnit. Especially with regards to guardian exos.

Via the FG App

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

1 hour ago, jSyn66 said:

Well maybe not all. But I remember reading something about it. I can't find where now damnit. Especially with regards to guardian exos.

Via the FG App

That would be great to hear what it said mate.

On another note, EDZ is riddled with House of Wolves stuff. One of the investigate parts are big mines (massive balls in nets). It talks about that these specific ones are not from the House of Wolves but from the House of Kings.

Again, I didn't realise there was more than one house, it would be good to know if these allied with the good forces against the darkness or are they the one of the upcoming sections to visit?

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That would be great to hear what it said mate.

On another note, EDZ is riddled with House of Wolves stuff. One of the investigate parts are big mines (massive balls in nets). It talks about that these specific ones are not from the House of Wolves but from the House of Kings.

Again, I didn't realise there was more than one house, it would be good to know if these allied with the good forces against the darkness or are they the one of the upcoming sections to visit?

There are eight including splicers. 

Great video by My Name is Byf regarding the lore and what the final cutscenes of the story mean. This is spoiler material to anyone who hasn't finished the story but if i'm honest most have now so i'm putting it here because its such a good lore video. There is some concept art in the middle and some good references back to Destiny 1 and even before that. This makes me even more excited for the expansion as it opens up so much more info that could and will happen.

On 09/09/2017 at 4:24 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

So through one of Cayde's Treasure Map Loot, you pick up a fragment of his journal.

It actually makes it sounds like he was maybe once a human, or something other than Exo anyway. Makes you wonder where the Exos came from and how they got into the form they have. Would also explain how he talks about eating certain foods in random comments.

There's talk that the next DLC will involve time travel, so they could be a link to years before the War and even the Tower in which we may see Cayde in his original life form.

With regards to Cayde, lore from the first game and the TTK Collectors edition book  (with annotations 'by' Cayde), seem to point at him contracting for Clovis Bray. After an incident that left a research/space station damaged, he essentially paid off his debts by going to do a job for Clovis Bray. Possibly giving himself up to science.

" Saturn. No, someplace else. Someplace colder.

This moon has been almost completely converted, a SARCOPHAGUS of ice and iron.

Stone towers run round with glaciers, rooted deep within a heart of snow.

I came here flesh and bone.

Gave everything to the ice.

Started over.

Rebooted. "

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

Cayde is the best npc character can't wait for more info on him in upcoming DLC

Via the FG App

He really is. Nathan Fillion makes him though.

Also, trying to find the picture of the land eater that is on the Cabal homeland which hoovers up cities and towns. It is what Calus based the World Eater design on. It would be pretty amazing if we could go and visit this world eventually.

Also, below is a closer look at the 5th Race to be in Destiny and was the ships at the end of the last cutscene. It does look impressive and one could be as large what the dreadnought was. The green light dots look likely to be rooms of where these creatures / aliens / species are living in.

0d9564fe5ec40ca71dbabdeb7ad7eecd.jpg

If you want to know more about some of the factions, MyNameIsByf has done a good job with New Monarchy and FWC. Dead Orbit should be out in the next few days.

New Monarchy

Future War Cult

Whether they're making the distinction between whether Efrideet is still considered an Iron Lord as she left to join the Seven or whatever it was vs Saladin who's always said he is an Iron Lord and ran Iron Banner ever since? Not sure.

Via the FG App

Good video about Nokris and the potential return. It's amazing how people find these snippets and can link the theories together. It would make sense when the Hive return for Nokris to lead them.

The more I read about the conmections with Nokris and the Vex and how he has been wiped out of the history of the Hive, the more I think Nokris is the next Raid boss.

Nokris and Savathun are the biggest known Hive lords left (Apart from Oryx that could be at the bottom of Titan's seas). There's a theory that Nokris could be trapped with the Vex but more to my thoughts are that Nokris has been surgically intergrated with the Vex and now is a leader of the Vex army. Specifically the one that's coming in the DLC this winter.

This can also be a read across from the connection Eris Morn has with Asher Mir. Both have been surgically intergrated with the Hive and Vex respectfully. There's no real historic connection other than what has happened to them so for Eris to ask Asher about Nokris makes me think he has to be infiltrated with the Vex.

Another great video from Byf. You guys should watch this ahead of the DLC and he should have more to follow. Osiris is pretty big news to the future of Destiny.

The more I read about the conmections with Nokris and the Vex and how he has been wiped out of the history of the Hive, the more I think Nokris is the next Raid boss.

Nokris and Savathun are the biggest known Hive lords left (Apart from Oryx that could be at the bottom of Titan's seas). There's a theory that Nokris could be trapped with the Vex but more to my thoughts are that Nokris has been surgically intergrated with the Vex and now is a leader of the Vex army. Specifically the one that's coming in the DLC this winter.

This can also be a read across from the connection Eris Morn has with Asher Mir. Both have been surgically intergrated with the Hive and Vex respectfully. There's no real historic connection other than what has happened to them so for Eris to ask Asher about Nokris makes me think he has to be infiltrated with the Vex.

Don't forget Xivu Arath, the other sibling of Oryx and Savathun, and more namely the aspect of war. (Oryx was the explorer, Savathun is the mage, and Xivu Arath is the warrior. Or, from another angle... Hunter... Warlock... Titan.)

Information about Xivu Arath has been very scare. Very, very scarce. While Savathun's hand has been shown to be having more and more of a presence in our little corner of space, we've yet to hear anything outside of the Books of Sorrow about Xivu Arath, and that worries me given that they were the most war-like of the three siblings. Given the scale of distance involved, I have a feeling that might have been their fleet hidden in the depths of space, and I don't think it'll arrive for a while (Destiny 3 maybe?). If it is their fleet, then that is good as it clearly shows that Bungie is thinking the long game in terms of story.

Via the FG App

2 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Don't forget Xivu Arath, the other sibling of Oryx and Savathun, and more namely the aspect of war. (Oryx was the explorer, Savathun is the mage, and Xivu Arath is the warrior. Or, from another angle... Hunter... Warlock... Titan.)

Information about Xivu Arath has been very scare. Very, very scarce. While Savathun's hand has been shown to be having more and more of a presence in our little corner of space, we've yet to hear anything outside of the Books of Sorrow about Xivu Arath, and that worries me given that they were the most war-like of the three siblings. Given the scale of distance involved, I have a feeling that might have been their fleet hidden in the depths of space, and I don't think it'll arrive for a while (Destiny 3 maybe?). If it is their fleet, then that is good as it clearly shows that Bungie is thinking the long game in terms of story.

Via the FG App

I couldn't agree more that Xivu Arath won't be near us until Destiny 3 (or D2 Y3 ;)). Savathun is continued to be the likely next candidate to be seen in this game but Nokris would be a perfect raid boss fit based on the previous links and the fact he was held in such high regard. You can't just have a statue built to the same size alongside Oryx and his son Crota, to then not be a pivotal figure in the next battle steps of the Hive.

I didn't know much about this sibling so thanks for sharing Nick.

I'm extremely hoping that Osiris' quests and story will touch across an attempt to raid the Vault of Glass with Praedyth and Kabr on their fateful raid run. He has never been mentioned that he was on their failed attempt in the VoG but the trailer showing Guardians essentially frozen in time by the Vex, there could be a real chance this is the case. If we get cinematics or even a chance to time travel back to when it is happening, it would be seriously awesome.