Destiny 2 Tips

TigerBurge

Thanks Jason / Chris.

@techno @crispymorgan and myself did the Spider Tank one (didn't know heroic would drop) which was pretty awesome and completed it with 3 seconds to go. Hopefully the difficulties will be similar when you increase your Power and Light.

5 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks Jason / Chris.

@techno @crispymorgan and myself did the Spider Tank one (didn't know heroic would drop) which was pretty awesome and completed it with 3 seconds to go. Hopefully the difficulties will be similar when you increase your Power and Light.

The Heroic ones give you more drops. I've seen exotics drop from public events 

@Amnotright bit of info on Legendary shards as I know you asked about where to get them from. All - Shards are required to infuse and increase the power of Exotic armour and weapons.

If you dismantle Legendary armour you get 2 shards and armour material (3).

If you dismantle an Exotic you get 10 shards and 1 advanced material. Not sure what advance material is used for yet.

7 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

@Amnotright bit of info on Legendary shards as I know you asked about where to get them from. All - Shards are required to infuse and increase the power of Exotic armour and weapons.

If you dismantle Legendary armour you get 2 shards and armour material (3).

If you dismantle an Exotic you get 10 shards and 1 advanced material. Not sure what advance material is used for yet.

They are also used to buy stuff from Xur

For Arcstrider (hunter pole dancer) there's a fantastic feedback loop of ability recharge.

Select gamblers dodge ( which fully recharges melee ability if you dodge near enemies)

Select Way of the Warrior, one perk of which is melee kills recharge your dodge

In packs of low level enemies (one punch kills) just melee, dodge, melee, dodge , its great. Hunters, the new Punchbro's

17 hours ago, Baabcat said:

In packs of low level enemies (one punch kills) just melee, dodge, melee, dodge , its great. Hunters, the new Punchbro's

Don't ever use the Punchbro phrase with those.....things.

5 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Does anyone know how you can view your challenges in game? (The ones Ikora gives you). Other than loading into to each activity when they flash up.

Don't believe so. I'll take a punt that its the type of info that is on a rotation but can be API'd out to a website rather than in game.

tbh i just find going around the locations and trying to do them at the same time as setting an event or adventure off.

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Don't believe so. I'll take a punt that its the type of info that is on a rotation but can be API'd out to a website rather than in game.

tbh i just find going around the locations and trying to do them at the same time as setting an event or adventure off.

Actually worked it out, just press d pad whilst in activity and the relevant challenges come up

Actually worked it out, just press d pad whilst in activity and the relevant challenges come up

Ahh, sorry Bob. Thought you meant every single Challenge across each area.

Via the FG App

On some of the plant daily challange I've seen one of the challenges has been 'find 10 dusk light shards ( or whatever the local material is). Pain in the arse step, but for the hunter it's worth knowing the 'keen scout' perk in the night stalker skill tree will make the materials appear on the radar as a circle.

The description of keen scout doesn't say this, but it seems to me it works the same as in Destiny 1 when keen scout was a materials locator. All you titans and warlocks, make some hunter friends

23 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

On some of the plant daily challange I've seen one of the challenges has been 'find 10 dusk light shards ( or whatever the local material is). Pain in the arse step, but for the hunter it's worth knowing the 'keen scout' perk in the night stalker skill tree will make the materials appear on the radar as a circle.

The description of keen scout doesn't say this, but it seems to me it works the same as in Destiny 1 when keen scout was a materials locator. All you titans and warlocks, make some hunter friends

Ta for that, I was just hoping for a Ghost to drop and help me find resources on EDZ.

When you start a new guardian, do you have to do the story again? 

Yes, same levelling and characteristics as your first guardian, with the exception of the specific subclass missions.

Via the FG App

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Yes, same levelling and characteristics as your first guardian, with the exception of the specific subclass missions.

Via the FG App

Thought as much, but wanted confirmation :)

Thinking of starting a Warlock next.