The Journey: 7 Days To Die

tronic44

I've been mostly leaving the building to you as you have more idea of what designs are best for 7 day zombies and I am quite happy cutting down trees and digging holes.  We seem to have built a reasonable store of food but it makes sense for the garden to be as protected as possible too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

3 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Had a multiple screemer incident in the pit.  I can see that thin concrete bar getting taken out pretty quickly without some serious reinforcement.  Also  got clobbered by a zombie inside the base.  What are the rules on zombie spawning?  is it light based like minecraft?

I'm not sure to be honest but they shouldn't be spawning inside the base, only on ground level or in buildings. I'll have to double check that but think that's correct.

2 hours ago, Greboth said:

I've been mostly leaving the building to you as you have more idea of what designs are best for 7 day zombies and I am quite happy cutting down trees and digging holes.  We seem to have built a reasonable store of food but it makes sense for the garden to be as protected as possible too.

Not at all, I'm just making it up as I go along. Anyone can build or dig where ever they want, have a play about with different buildings you can build. I'm sure there's much better ways of doing it, hopefully not though, for our sakes 😄

I turned the zombie count up yesterday and we had the most insane horde night I've ever had on this game, console or PC. That's what a horde night should be like!

Our base got slightly overrun by zombies after a few police men exploded, leaving a massive hole for the zombies to climb through. 

I managed to to lay a few spinning blade traps out but they attacked the only side I didn't lay them down :lol:

The Positive from the night was that the garden is still there.....that's about it :lol:

I agree horde night should be a challenge as always have the risk of being overrun and death.  That is assuming the house hasn't been overrun by regular zombies during the day :lol: 

On a positive note the house survived well last night for the horde night though, I think horde night scales per player, so there would have only been 2 players worth rather than 3 the other night.  The spinning blades really cut up some of the regular zombies and they never made it passed them.  They don't really do much to the policemen and glowing ones as they take so so sooooo much damage.  I like the idea of the gun turrets but without a good supply of bullets I'm not sure about building them yet.  I'm not sure on how many resources it takes to build the blades but I think we could fit a lot more in the pit especially if we go for an overlapping pattern like  _-_-_-_- and we could probably fit more spikes in the pit too.  Crispy came up with a good idea too of placing a sacrificial wall by the spikes that keeps the zombies in range of them for longer.  We could also build up from our current base and some sort of wall at the top of the moat with defences which we could fight from then the bottom of the moat is our fall back location.  As I said in whatsapp I think horde night defence needs to be a lot more of things like the spikes and chopping blades as we can't keep using hundreds of arrows and bullets each horde night.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Got a couple of hours in last night.  We now all have a chainsaw.  Carry this with you at all times people, there are a greater number of feral zombies, and this is a super effective way of killing them.  There are 2 augers, although 1 is a bit naff, it'll need upgrading at some point.  Damn these things are fun!  Did a few treasure maps last night so plenty of funds.  I've placed a pink box on the ceiling, place in that anything we can sell (tools tnt etc) I'll do regular runs to the 3 traders. 

Need to start building up and out!

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

12 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Got a couple of hours in last night.  We now all have a chainsaw.  Carry this with you at all times people, there are a greater number of feral zombies, and this is a super effective way of killing them.  There are 2 augers, although 1 is a bit naff, it'll need upgrading at some point.  Damn these things are fun!  Did a few treasure maps last night so plenty of funds.  I've placed a pink box on the ceiling, place in that anything we can sell (tools tnt etc) I'll do regular runs to the 3 traders. 

Need to start building up and out!

I enjoy reading this btw.

Crispy, does the chainsaw have unlimited use or do you need to find petrol to keep it working?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Needs petrol.  You can get it from cars (using a wrench) or you can dig and find oil shale.  Now we have an Auger (massive drill)  we can go nuts underground.  We have loads of fuel no, and keep it in a snazzy petrol pump (in the kitchen).  I'll get some pics and do a tour of our underground lair.

I want us to start looting more places and making some videos, I'll sort out my record shiz later to make sure it's easily accessible.

I suggest we start with the hospital, after you Crispy :lol:

I realised last night that I've done the outside of the base wrong and it's not even. I'm thinking my ocd for 7 days will mean I'll pull it down st some point, it's not too much work, it's the top of the wall with the ramps that's the issue.

Found my bike!  It had somehow teleported back to the trader.  Nevermind, happy again at 17kmh istead of 15. 

Raided a Pop 'N' Pills and got lots of medical stuff.  the city to our northwest is HUGE.  I'm going to do a bit of looting over the next few days. 

The base is coming along nicely with a nice secure central ladder column and metal reinforced staging in the fighting area.  Just need to get a load of bullets for next horde night!

We're going to have to put some serious thought into this base, last horde night they broke through again and I ended up running around in the moat with them for the last 2 hours of horde night. I somehow survived only to get killed by a pack of wolves that decided to pay us a visit in the morning.

My secret stash perk is ranked the whole way up, so I'm finding some pretty good weapons and tools at the trader. I bought a couple more augars and some weapons for us, which are all in the super secret chest on the ceiling. So help yourselves!

Things we need:

Brass and lots of it.

Stone

Sand

Nitrate powder (can be found in the burnt zone or caves)

Coal 

Lead

Basically we need all resources and lots of it. I think we should make towers outside our base, that we attack them from. Then we can move inside when we're overrun, because we will be overrun.

I probably won't be on till Saturday now and that'll be after a very important football match.

Happy surviving!

Haven't had any time for this recently but definitely want to hop back on soon! I might make an event for this weekend, hopefully some new people fancy joining us.

I think we should just start building our slaughter pit, as we now have two solar banks so can have lots of renewable energy. Haven't place any down yet but looking forward to seeing how it all works.

It's been way too long, we need a good session on this and still need to make our tour video.

So much to do!

Since the last update, we've made the new slaughter pit but I think it needs more work before testing it out. Looking forward to getting it all set up and working!