The Journey: 7 Days To Die

tronic44

We've just survived a tame horde night, which is probably for the best because everything else has been killing us. We've seen more bears in the space of a day, than I've ever seen on this game in total and food is pretty hard to come by. All of them zombie bears, which only give you rotten meat.

We haven't done much looting but found a few decent things, really need to build minibikes so we can get out of the worst place I've ever been! In real life and in games. Crispy isn't a fan either 😄

It's been massive fun so far, looking forward to more!

I'll take a few pictures next time and post them.

I had so much fun on the last of Rich's maps before moving to the server.  This server has been a grind.  Death after death limping from one meal to the next.  I think we should  send out a scouting party.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

9 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I had so much fun on the last of Rich's maps before moving to the server.  This server has been a grind.  Death after death limping from one meal to the next.  I think we should  send out a scouting party.

I agree, I think two should stay and two should scout. We'll want two people together just in case anyone runs into trouble. We'll find a paradise again, this is only a stop off in hell 😄

Im really liking the challenge so far 🙂

I hopped on for half an hour, managed to find a hunting knife book, then lots of meat! Well about 20+ but that seems like a lot.

When I logged off I was in a town in the desert, it was quite far north but I couldn't see any green. It's way more friendlier than our place but it's not massive. I'm looting all the good shops as its a small town, I figure by the time we come back everything will have resupplied.

Hopped on with Phil to get through horde night, the base is pretty strong at the moment but the hordes are nothing really. We'll see a change in the next horde, will be a lot more of them and different types, plus certain animals might pay us a visit.

News of the day is we have minibikes and crispy found auger parts!!! Whoop! Anyone who joins the server can have a bike made for them if they so choose, unless you don't want stuff just given to you. We still need to find an auger blade but the parts are normally harder to come by.

We found a big city which looks like it has everything, could be a good location for a new house. Looking forward to setting up somewhere else with more places to loot.

Great games as always!

28 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Hopped on with Phil to get through horde night, the base is pretty strong at the moment but the hordes are nothing really. We'll see a change in the next horde, will be a lot more of them and different types, plus certain animals might pay us a visit.

News of the day is we have minibikes and crispy found auger parts!!! Whoop! Anyone who joins the server can have a bike made for them if they so choose, unless you don't want stuff just given to you. We still need to find an auger blade but the parts are normally harder to come by.

We found a big city which looks like it has everything, could be a good location for a new house. Looking forward to setting up somewhere else with more places to loot.

Great games as always!

were you able to find the coordinates?

6 hours ago, Sweetandsour16 said:

Crispy ended up giving me the tour. Thank you sir! Place is pretty amazing compared to my 4x4 block lol 

Haha Good man! Glad you made it there safely, let us know if there's anything we can help with.

10 minutes ago, Sweetandsour16 said:

have you guys found a new area for a base yet?

No not yet, just completed the next horde which was also pretty tame. Not sure if I need to change some things, there should of been more but maybe they're waiting for crispy :lol:

I think we might move to the city out east, feel free to hop on a bike and have a look around and take some gas with you just in case you end up going far. You can wrench cars to get gas, if you've managed to find a wrench.

So I haven't been able to get on at all last week, would love to set up an eve this week but not 100% sure on when I'll have time because of work.

I do have Friday off though so will hopefully be playing most the day.

Now actually playing this I suppose I should give some sort of update on here.  I have to say it is great having a server so we can hop on any time we want to (thanks again Rich).  Obviously we have moved now and the new place is so much better - well the 'house' isn't yet but the area is.  I'm not sure what resources we left at the old house but I've been keeping busy just collecting as much as everything I can.  Clay is so easy to come by now, I dug around for a bit and ended up with about 20,000 clay! If only wood and stone was so easy to collect.  Though I realised last night there is a radius around the house that had no trees in so I've planted about 60 or so near the house.  I planted them close together and in rows again so once they are fully grown it should be quick and easy to cut them all down.  Crispy found a swimming pool in just inside the city so I re-filled all our water too so now we have 100+ water again.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I left a few things back at the old house so went back to pick them up and spend the night.  Jesus H. Christ.  There is a hole. I got the shock of my life when I went in the house and had to kill a boat load of zombies.  Thought I'd cleared them out, but then got set on by another.  With my last breath I managed to unload  full sniper clip and bandage myself up.  Crispy 5 - Zombies 0.  I found a treasure chest, managed tog get some gold and silver nuggets.  Sold a few and bought  a good stash of bullets. 

Done a fair bit of digging underground, mostly just to level up my mining so I can get my Miner 69er full.  Would be great to see more people on!  There's lots to do :)

Will probably have another session tonight.  Nice to have a game that is basically chill, but with the odd high tensions nights thrown in for good measure.

It's a lot like Minecrafts map in that it uncovers only for the areas you have been.  The map gives a 'real time' aerial view so buildings etc. show up on it too and it is easy to see from the map whether it is a green area, desert, dead zone etc.  Where 7 days differs though is that you have a compass direction at the top of your screen in which your bed, other players and any waypoints show up so you can easily walk towards those locations without needing to keep referring to the map.

Loving the fact you guys are enjoying it so much!

If the garden is still standing then there should be a pool of water there, we can use that to fill up jars. I just need to figure where to put the chest with bucket and seeds etc. I feel that the garden might need a wall around it as well, or maybe a moat. Every morning it seems to be slightly ruined.

Good to see that the forges kick out heat that attract zombies :lol: I've never seen one of those policemen arrive during the day and they rock up almost every hour now.

So hyped about finding the solar cell, didn't even realise this was a thing! Make sure you guys spend points on secret stash, the trader will offer you better and more goods in the secret stash area. Keep an eye out for more solar cells and a solar bank! 

Also when you're at the trader, you can sell your tools for a fair bit of money. You can always make more when you get home.....if you make it ;)

To be honest it is like most games, the actual game is secondary to the community aspect of it.  When I tried out then singleplayer I was far from convinced but having you host a server and now a proper servee it is much more enjoyable for me.

I think you’re right about the garden though, if we’re going for any sort of sustainability then we need to stop it being destroyed.

I do need to go the trader, I think it will have to be the first thing I do next time I’m on.  I only visited the trader to complete the introduction quest thing but haven’t done any trading.

Had fun with my new crossbow and steel bolts.  Took down a massive walking horde.

I did do a bit of digging the other night, but it seems to have reverted.  Possibly due to the server having a wobble, nevermind.

We need to finish off the pit that surrounds us so we can start spending evenings shooting zombies, instead of hiding.  I'm also keen to finish off my tunnel to the building.  Looks like the zombies have wrecked the lower floor, but it will be fun to put high walkways that they fall off.

I didn't really have time to play but joined the server for a few minutes to have a look around and you have done a lot of work! I assume we need to spikes or something in the bottom of the pit as when I logged on zombies were just walking freely around the outside of our base.

9 hours ago, Greboth said:

I didn't really have time to play but joined the server for a few minutes to have a look around and you have done a lot of work! I assume we need to spikes or something in the bottom of the pit as when I logged on zombies were just walking freely around the outside of our base.

I was thinking about putting a couple of rows of iron spikes down there, we don't want to fill it otherwise it'll be a nightmare for repairing. 

Also so need to wall off the otherside of the moat so they can't dig under the garden. Not sure if we should moat off the garden too and put a drawbridge between it.

Go wild, do what ever you guys want to do. We can build up from our base and have a bride leading to a drawbridge? I quickly did that yesterday as they were starting to dig into our base, which isn't recommended.

Had a multiple screemer incident in the pit.  I can see that thin concrete bar getting taken out pretty quickly without some serious reinforcement.  Also  got clobbered by a zombie inside the base.  What are the rules on zombie spawning?  is it light based like minecraft?