[D2] Xûr Megathread

TigerBurge

What's a Xûr?

Xûr, Agent of the Nine is a strange vendor who randomly appears in a Public Sector in each of the four Worlds, depending on planetary alignments and Bungie's whim. Xur sells Exotic equipment and only takes Legendary Shards in exchange for them.

TL;DR: He's the Santa Claus of Destiny and every weekend is Christmas. Sometimes he brings you what you want, sometimes he brings you coal. Mostly it’s coal.

When does Xûr visit?

Xûr visits every Friday at 9:00AM UTC and departs at reset. If you would like to see all the live conversions of Time Zones, please follow this link here.

Not here for first week as per Weekly Reset update thread. Next time we see him will be Friday 15th hiding somewhere on any of the 4 planets.

@TigerBurge has mentioned that you'll need legendary shards to buy things from him, so don't be too hasty on infusing gear and weapons too much! Try out all the guns that get dropped the at your highest level at that time.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Not here for first week as per Weekly Reset update thread. Next time we see him will be Friday 15th hiding somewhere on any of the 4 planets.

@TigerBurge has mentioned that you'll need legendary shards to buy things from him, so don't be too hasty on infusing gear and weapons too much! Try out all the guns that get dropped the at your highest level at that time.

Yeah @igotmollywhopped. Work on that. :P

Strange Coins are back for Xur! They are legendary this time, not rare however it is not known what they'll be used for as of yet.

Let us know if you drop or find one.

Clearly shards will be the currency to buy exotics as that the description is clear in the guidebook.

Via the FG App

Xur Week 1: Watcher's Grave in Nessus (On tree giant tree branch)

ITEMS

Warlocks: Wings of the Sacred Dawn (Chest)

Titans: Doom Fang Pauldron (Gauntlets)

Hunters: Raiden Flux (Chest)

Weapon: Merciless (fusion rifle)

Armor costs 23 shards and weapon 29 shards. Everything appears to be capped at 270, my engrams are 271 so this could be the same for everyone. 

Kia Ora. 

Is there anything else to do about Strange Coins or any engrams, mods, etc available as well?

Btw, Merciless is an absolute beast for bosses. Possibly a great purchase for the Raid if you haven't already dropped one.

I really like the foetracer! It’s a great armour piece to use if you’re switching around supers regularly. The extra damage is noticeable as well. 

Also I’m so angry it’s those gauntlets for the titans! I started my titan today and when I was selecting the exotic the lady on titan gives you I had a gut feeling that Xur would sell it, but, I thought surely not... I was surely wrong... should always go with my gut 😰

Kia Ora. 

On 22/09/2017 at 1:07 PM, Corey the Kiwi said:

I really like the foetracer! It’s a great armour piece to use if you’re switching around supers regularly. The extra damage is noticeable as well. 

Also I’m so angry it’s those gauntlets for the titans! I started my titan today and when I was selecting the exotic the lady on titan gives you I had a gut feeling that Xur would sell it, but, I thought surely not... I was surely wrong... should always go with my gut 😰

Missed it didn't I like a twat 🙈

This week, you’ll find Xur on Io, Giant’s Scar, Echo Mesa. He’ll stay put all the way until 2am PST, 5am EST, 10am BST, 11am CEST on Tuesday, October 3.

Here’s what he’s selling this week:

- Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves [Exotic Hunter Gauntlets] – 23LS

- Hallowfire Heart [Exotic Titan Chest Armour] – 23LS

- Transversive Steps [Exotic Warlock Leg Armour] – 23LS

- Riskrunner [Exotic Submachine Gun] – 29LS

Riskrunner is well worth it. The only submachine gun I know is better is the trials Adjudicator.

I'll only be buying the Warlock piece. I dropped the other 2 over the last 2 days.

Going for the titan chest piece. Have the Riskrunner. Might take the Warlock armor too, too save for later.
That said Lee, the Mida Mini is better than Riskrunner imo.

Unfortunately the recoil on the mini tool is too much for me. I can control this Riskrunner a little more.

What's the Titan chest piece do?

- Increased Resilience
- Sunfire Furnace - Greatly improves the recharge rate of your Solar abilities when Hammer of Sol is charged.

- Increased Resilience
- Sunfire Furnace - Greatly improves the recharge rate of your Solar abilities when Hammer of Sol is charged.

Thanks!

You should try the Death Adder or the New Monarchy SMG (Royal Dispensation II). Way easier to control IMO.

Via the FG App

October 6th - 10th

This week, he’s near the Winding Covefast travel point in the EDZ, and there’s a helpful icon on the planet map to show you where he is.

Xur’s inventory this week consists of the following:

• Vigilance Wing, pulse rifle gun: 29 Legendary Shards
  • Foetracer, Hunter helmet: 23 Legendary Shards
  • An Insurmountable Skullfort, Titan helmet: 23 Legendary Shards
  • Nezarec's Sin, Warlock helmet: 23 Legendary Shards

Can't believe Vigilance is on sale tbh, i'm picking that up. I'll also get the Foetracer as I missed that a few weeks ago. What's the Warlock helmet like?

On 06/10/2017 at 5:00 PM, Capn_Underpants said:

I have the warlock helm already. It looks cool, but perks are shit.

Via the FG App

Ah, that's a shame. I'll stick pick it up though.