7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

Haha We’re going to use the Darkness Falls mod, I’ll write up some instructions about what to download, these will be posted later. I do like @phil bottle idea of PvP, so we’ll play this for a while and look into changing it to PvP if everyone agrees.

There's instructions on how to install the mod on their wiki:

WIKI.DARKNESSFALLSMOD.COM

A Guide on How to Install the Darkness Falls Mod

Currently in the process of following it so will update if it works.

Edit: Yup seems to work 🙂

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I’ve only played a bit and I’m loving this mod so far, the amount of extra items is insane!

First you start with two books you can read, which open up the two perks they relate to. Not only that, it opens quests for those perks which opens up more sections of that perk. You can then upgrade those perks with points from levelling up.

I’ve had a look and it looks like you can create these books later on, to be able to open other things. I’ve chosen farmer and hunter, I know others have chosen different ones so hopefully we can work together to build up our shiz.

The games gone from building one work station to having to build about 7 of them, all of them do different things.

So far I don’t think it’s any harder than without the mod, there are just more zombies. Saying that, going out at night is a big no no at the moment but I’m pretty sure it’s normally like that at the start of the game.

Food and water seemed to be a bit tight at the start and think it may be a struggle for food or at least until we’ve unlocked more recipes.

The amount of animals that are about is ridiculous, unfortunately even your average cow might try to take you down haha 

• tronic44 changed the title to 7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

There's elements that are harder; for example clearing out the building we're on top of had 3 irradiated zombies in which is crazy for day 2.  Though on the hand, things like food seems a easier with the amount of oranges, tomatos, carrots etc you can find in the world.  Though food is an issue currently but it always seems to be at the start of 7dtd so I'd agree on balance the easier and harder evens out so far.  Though I can see it potentially being more resource intensive to get things  but we shall see.

For reference, I chose scavenger and security to begin with.

@tronic44 If you went hunter, does that give you more meat like in vanilla?  I'm wondering if it would be best then for you to have the rifle so you can more easily take down bigger animals.

The amount of Zombies are insane and the biggest thing i've noticed is that health can't be received via the usual methods of food. Therefore I started making First Aig Bandages for everyone as it looks like it gives you 60 health back, not 30. Health does regenerate but extremely slowly. Rich is spot on about night time, its just about sitting tight if i'm honest as theres so many zombies and they know exactly where you are too.

I like that there is new things to learn and it seems like different things to craft, for example I had to make a Mortar and Pestle and this allows you to craft seeds from certain fruit but also saves on resources when trying to craft items which you can make from scratch.

Nice little first outing on it. The levelling system will be something to get used to but i'm open to playing on it. I doubt will even need to think about PvP with the amount of shit going on - we don't even know the time as it looks like you have to craft watches at some point!

It'll be good to get this going and hopefully one day we can get a number of our saves back up and running alongside each other so people have choices on what to play depending on the mood they're in.

So first horde night done and well it was ...... interesting.

We spent on the roof of another building to not risk what we’ve gathered so far.  Someone (Crispy or Rich) joked about the town we’re in being decimated as we spend each horde night on a different building.  Turns out they were right, right at the end of horde night the building collapsed!  As it turns out, horde night is harder because the modded zombies (the ones on the menu screen) come out but zombies also regain health on horde night!

It’s a hard one, we obviously need a proper base to have a chance of surviving horde night but ifs going to be a while until we can think about building a base.

12 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

@tronic44@crispymorgan @Greboth These are the guys I stole the Death Pit idea from ....do we have a stainless steel Shamway tower?

It all seems a bit safe, even they got bored.

I think we should design our own and see how it goes. We are a little bit away from being able to build something that big, we'll get there though.

We're starting to get somewhere with this server, we still don't have a base that will withstand a horde night but it's slowly getting there. The big issue we have at the moment is screamers, they rock up almost constantly and when they scream, they basically scream in a horde night haha We've had a few get into our base lately, which isn't great, so it's oboviously not ready for a horde night.

@GazzaGarratthas kindly made us some Minibikes, which i'm so thankful for as it's been a nightmare with stamina. Saying that, i've just remembered we need more fuel! Hopefully that's something we can make!

I've just opened up tier 2 quests, it took a lot longer to get to this point! Hving two AI's you can get quests from in a trader has been brilliant, i constantly have about 6 quests/challenges going and that's without anyone sharing theirs.

I'll try and remember to take some screenshots next time, i think our base looks pretty cool but it's all about the looks and zero about the safety 😂

Congrats to them! To do this for a 5th year in a row, on a game that’s still in Alpha is pretty impressive.

Hopefully they continue to upgrade the game more and more, if the mod has show us anything, there’s so many things they can do with it. 

To those who don’t have the game, it’s currently 66% off. Get it, join us, try and survive

0C333593-9ECA-4721-84D9-6D1FC9720ED7.jpeg

42 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

To those who don’t have the game, it’s currently 66% off. Get it, join us, try and survive

This is why I like playing with Rich...he’s so damn positive, he can haul our sorry asses through any situation. It’s like being on a Destiny raid with Lee but more laid back! 😂😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

A few things, I'm just running through how to upgrade to 19.3 stable using the mod launcher.  Basically I'm having the opposite problem to Matty, I'll update you all when I have the answer.

I'm going to be Hunter and survivalist class, we *need* watches! Also a bad ass cross bow makes me happy, plus I like to kill stuff.  Let everyone know what class you want so we can cover all the skills.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

The watch recipe is in Survivalist class....

Survivalist Class.

Grants the following:
Quest 1 – T-Shirt, army pants, cowboy boots, cowboy hat.
Quest 2 – 2 murky water, 2 chicken rations, all leather armour recipes.
Quest 3 – 2 first aid bandage, 2 painkillers, +1 skill point.
Quest 4 – No Reward.
Quest 5 – Scrap Fireaxe, Pickaxe and Shovel recipes.
Quest 6 – Watch Recipe.

Class mastery: Gaining the Survival Mastery perk grants the following:
Titanium Machete Recipe.
Survival Torch Recipe.
Radio Recipe.
Jerky Recipe.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

So we've moved to Alpha 19.3 and we're still running the darkness falls mod.

You'll just need to make sure that you're 7 Days to Die game in steam is updated to 19.3, then follow the link below.

WIKI.DARKNESSFALLSMOD.COM

A Guide on How to Install the Darkness Falls Mod

We've got a 2 week grace period which allows for resetting the server if needed, people who originally had issue getting on have now been able to get on. Hope it's the same for anyone!

If anyone does have issues getting on, please let us know and here and we'll jump on discord and talk through it with you.

Happy surviving!

• tronic44 unfeatured and unpinned this topic