7DTD: FG Dedi Server - Darkness Falls

tronic44

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

I’ve set the server up, just need them to release the bloody thing and for the server company to let me know how to actually get it on there. They don’t even know yet 😂

Good man, make sure everyone knows the server details and hopefully we can have some fun this time round. I should have time to commit to this next week.

The server is installed with Alpha 17, just need to double check everything is working then we should be good to go. I think tonight is the night most of us are going to try and jump on, not sure of a time yet, maybe around 6ish.

If anyone wants to join us then give me a shout and i'll PM you over the details. @Shucker

Happy surviving!

I'll be on discord from around 5ish, anyone is welcome to join. We'll be going through the settings of the server and making sure everything is how we want it.

Be prepared, this will be the hardest server we've done so far! 

Patch is great so far.

Hey Survivors,

We just release Alpha 17 Experimental. Check our forums for more information on opting in and helping us find the biggest issues.

Hard to believe but it’s been nearly a year and a half since our last major update. That said, this has been our longest and largest update so far. On top of that, it’s the biggest content drop we’ve ever done. In the future, you can expect shorter 3 month build cycles as we have done all the heavy framework changes we wanted to do in this build.

Please remember that this is an experimental build, so it is not without issues. It still needs bug fixing, balancing and optimizations. More optimizations are coming, so if you are not getting the performance you did in previous builds, we highly recommend you lower your resolution and view distance as the first steps. Our team has commented how much better the game looks than previous builds even with a lower resolution and view distance as the HD textures, PBR and distance trees have really changed the game. If you’re still not seeing enough performance, lower reflection quality and tree quality.

Problems aside, Alpha 17 is great and in the spirit of getting Alpha 17 it into the hands of our community, we opted to get it out sooner to help us in our goal of a stable version out before the end of the year.

We are extremely excited and proud of this build which was a huge team effort and we believe it truly is a new game.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

So there’s a few things we’ve learnt so far.

1. I shouldn’t be in charge of server settings 

b. 5 doesn’t equal 4

3. You can’t have a world called

Random Gen

5. I’m awful at making lists

Fixed that for you ;) :lol: 

It was crazy difficult but it was fun, survival games are supposed to be a challenge.  Some of the new mechanics take some getting used to but I think once we are it shouldn’t be too bad playing on max difficulty.  Though running during the day may have been a little excessive.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

14 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Fixed that for you ;) :lol: 

It was crazy difficult but it was fun, survival games are supposed to be a challenge.  Some of the new mechanics take some getting used to but I think once we are it shouldn’t be too bad playing on max difficulty.  Though running during the day may have been a little excessive.

😂 cheers, was attempting to write that whilst walking to work.

Yeah the running during the day really was excessive. Like you say, when we’ve got the hang of it i’ll turn it back up as the challenge was fun.....up to a point.

I should be on just after 4ish today 👍

I've got the game downloaded, but I didn't realize I'd need to select to opt into the Alpha 17.  I thought it would update straight to that since I first downloaded after its release.  OH well.  I followed Tronic's instructions (thanks dude) and now I'm updating to Alpha 17.  

I've got family here tonight and tomorrow night, but I'm hoping to dig into it over the weekend!  Hope to see you all around. 

I've never played this game at all, so I'm a complete noob.  I'll need some help :)

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Server is live.

Same server details but PM one of us for it if you need.

Don't forget this is the test version, so you need to go to game properties in steam, select beta tab, opt into beta and select 'experimental' from list.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I should be on here later tonight.

Can someone give me a quick breakdown on any etiquette or rules with this server? I have zero idea what I'm doing coming into this.

Via the FG App

At present, we're just trying to survive. It's a bit harder than previous incarnations. No rules needed as such, everyone depends on everyone else or death comes easily :)

Important things to note:

Zombies walk during the day.... but run at night time....and they are attracted to light, movement and noise.

When you spawn in, press tab and select the option to send a friend invite so the other players show up on the map. Once friended, you can't be team killed. Though technically I have managed to kill @Greboth by accident. With TNT. 

Do the challenges the game starts you with, this gives skill points, and they're essential.

I may be back on a bit later and I'll look out for you. You may need to install Discord if you don't have it...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well, I only got to play a little bit.  It was a much busier weekend than I anticipated.  

First thoughts:  The graphics kinda suck, lol.  The atmosphere is cool.  It's hard as fuck.  I like crafting so far.  It's hard as fuck.  

I died before the first nightfall.  Looking forward to giving it some real play time and getting on with you all.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

After a good few hours, I thought I'd share some thoughts on the game.  They've added loads of cool new stuff, houses etc which is great.  The FPS is lousy, and the textures are an embarrassment.  So a little bit miffed about that.  Still fun times to be had once the difficulty was turned down from eleventy million.  Did the usual base thing got some stuff gathered together.  The new skills system feels a bit obstructive at times, but once we get up there I suppose it won't matter.

The biggest problem for me, and it's borderline game breaking, is the zombies.  Clearing out buildings is a pain in the arse.  Zombies spawn from nowhere, meaning you are constantly fighting (and dying) to get a few scraps of stuff.  The hit box is mental, you can be feet away and still get caught.  Horde night......  The destruction capacity of horde night means buildings get leveled.  It almost seems a waste of time to try and build a base, it'll just get trashed.  The shift in focus from a building game to a hide on a rooftop so your building doesn't get touched seems a step in the wrong direction.  Still fun but I enjoyed the previous version more I'm afraid.

Also birds are assholes.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

After a good few hours, I thought I'd share some thoughts on the game.  They've added loads of cool new stuff, houses etc which is great.  The FPS is lousy, and the textures are an embarrassment.  So a little bit miffed about that.  Still fun times to be had once the difficulty was turned down from eleventy million.  Did the usual base thing got some stuff gathered together.  The new skills system feels a bit obstructive at times, but once we get up there I suppose it won't matter.

The biggest problem for me, and it's borderline game breaking, is the zombies.  Clearing out buildings is a pain in the arse.  Zombies spawn from nowhere, meaning you are constantly fighting (and dying) to get a few scraps of stuff.  The hit box is mental, you can be feet away and still get caught.  Horde night......  The destruction capacity of horde night means buildings get leveled.  It almost seems a waste of time to try and build a base, it'll just get trashed.  The shift in focus from a building game to a hide on a rooftop so your building doesn't get touched seems a step in the wrong direction.  Still fun but I enjoyed the previous version more I'm afraid.

Also birds are assholes.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

Until I realised I'll be playing 10 Minutes To Die when I'm on.

The weekender in Bury half killed me but I'll be back on 7 Days tonight.

The amount of zombies and difficulty is entirely in our control, so this can be modified if needed. I like the challenge personally but I'll go with the flow...

The game looks great compared to the previous versions, but then I am running it on Ultra [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I turned the amount of zombies down because it’s pointless at the moment. You literally can’t do anything without dying as arrows do fuck all.

I know it’s meant to be a survival game but they’ve sucked a lot of the fun out of it in my eyes. I shouldn’t be able to get to a roof and get swarmed by 6 birds and die after two hits. They have to make it possible to survive and it’s just not at the moment.

Hopefully they’ll change a lot of

stuff with the next patch.

On that note, I’m close to being able to build a forge. One more level and it’s unlocked!